A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Ya, I am using a modded UI, Threnix Combat HUD v1.0 which doesn't seem to be listed on these forums, or at least not in the list of mods for the game. Started to use it before getting your mod.

And yes, I got the armory out of the creative menu, I always do a little cheating when trying mods or games out if possible. To try out crafting and weapons, see the enemies, pretty much try stuff out. And I even put it on insane mode this time, along with maxing out the zombie spawning.

And also found the guide.

And now I just uninstalled the game and reinstalling, I'll just put your expansion on.

And all the new stations work, armory doesn't have any recipes thou, so got rid of it and the dye station, not into coloring or cosmetics in games.

Ya, I am using a modded UI, Threnix Combat HUD v1.0 which doesn't seem to be listed on these forums, or at least not in the list of mods for the game. Started to use it before getting your mod.

If using a modded UI is a problem, may I suggest making your own UI as well to add into the packs?

And if you do so, it should display HP, Stamina, Hunger, Thirst, and both outside and player temp's at least on the HUD.

And yes, I got the armory out of the creative menu, I always do a little cheating when trying mods or games out if possible. To try out crafting and weapons, see the enemies, pretty much try stuff out. And I even put it on insane mode this time, along with maxing out the zombie spawning.

And also found the guide.

And now I just uninstalled the game and reinstalling, I'll just put your expansion on. If you don't already have a good UI made, hope you'll make one soon.

Your problem is most likely in the windows.xml and xui.xml files. You need to add the workstation parts from Valmod to the custom hud files that you are using, they are located towards the bottom of the files and clearly labeled so they should be easy to find.

Copy those parts into you equivalent files from Threnix and it should work if I remember correctly.

@Sirillion

While that is mostly accurate it is worth mentioning that not every modification required in my xui.xml and windows.xml is purely additives on the end. That is to say, there are vanilla parts in the file that are modified. Such as the window group for the workbench having a new window added for its tools or the window tools for the campfire in windows.xml being modified from vanilla to include the bowl of water.

So merely copying the new stuff at the bottom of the files isn't accurately all it would take, unfortunately.

@Sirillion

While that is mostly accurate it is worth mentioning that not every modification required in my xui.xml and windows.xml is purely additives on the end. That is to say, there are vanilla parts in the file that are modified. Such as the window group for the workbench having a new window added for its tools or the window tools for the campfire in windows.xml being modified from vanilla to include the bowl of water.

So merely copying the new stuff at the bottom of the files isn't accurately all it would take, unfortunately.

Yeah, sorry about that. I answered that half asleep when I woke up this morning and only fixated on the workbench not working thing and thought; "Hey I've done that".

I recently started playing Valmod Overhaul and exchanged the UI with SMX for my own benefit so I should have remembered there was more to it :-)

i am using this as my main game mod and i am having a issue with the forge and cement mixer i go to craft anything (rebar frames cement etc.etc ) and it will only allow me to craft 2-7 items at a time, sometimes 14-18 if i catch it on a lucky streak is this a bug of the overhaul or the main game or just my bad luck lol

Edit: it was my bad luck lol had to reboot the system and found it was working fine just bugged up for a moment on my end

Valmar,

I know the alpha 15 is coming with the ability to upgrade items of the same type. Will this work with the legendary items? I know nothing has been released atm. But just to get you thinking... get those juices flowing again... :)

Im not sure. For all I know the upgrade ability is something hard-coded to work with all items that have quality - meaning you will be able to upgrade legendary items by default even if I don't want you to. Or maybe it has a new property you add to the items that tell them they can be upgraded and define how much they go up with each combine. Maybe there is a perk involved that increases it.

Honestly I don't know. Though my bet is that its going to be, in some way, hard-coded to work by default on all quality items and won't need me to specifically change my code to work with it.

Handlebars crafting affected by what skill?

Hi Valmar, thank you very much for all this hard work, it really breathes new life into a game I had given up on.

My question is what skill affects Handlebar crafting? I have maxed all skills that I can think of and yet my Handlebars come out 262 quality. Is this feature part of the mod or the game? Either way, with 100 Tool/Construction/Mining/Misc crafting my handlebars come out at 262 quality.

Question on the syringes. They say they can extract from bodies and it is in the code but the mod also changes every body into a bag so... how does one use the syringe on a body?

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config

delete entityclasses.xml, rename entityclasses - nobag.xml to entityclasses.xml

enjoy the corpsy goodness without the extra bagage ;) lol

Was an earlier post of mine deleted? I swear I responded to some of these yesterday. Weird.

Hi! Um I was just playing this mod (LOVE IT BTW) But now whenever I open my crafting menu it shows me in the console that it doesn't exists and slaps me with the Null Ref... Can anyone help? Much is appreciated :D

Overhaul or Expansion? Have you tried reinstalling the mod? Something may not had copied over correctly.

Question on the syringes. They say they can extract from bodies and it is in the code but the mod also changes every body into a bag so... how does one use the syringe on a body?

You use them on the lootable corpses you find in the world.

SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config

delete entityclasses.xml, rename entityclasses - nobag.xml to entityclasses.xml

enjoy the corpsy goodness without the extra bagage ;) lol

You wouldn't be able to use it on those corpse blocks anyway without modifying the syringe code. The corpses the dead zombies eventually turn into is different from the loot container corpses.

You wouldn't be able to use it on those corpse blocks anyway without modifying the syringe code. The corpses the dead zombies eventually turn into is different from the loot container corpses.

yeah was more explaining about getting rid of the bags, not so much for the syringe, should have said that wont work as well i was half asleep.

edit: btw sorry for jumping support questions for your mod val.

I don't speak Chinese. Though according to google you said this:

"Can I have a complete integrated package mod trouble to give me a download link, thank you"

These are the download links:

7nILlEI.png

UIT7mt3.png

Download the one you want. Though I dont know how much good it will do you if you don't understand english - unless you already know how to install.

Google Translate:

这些是下载链接,选择一个你想要的。

Archived