A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Disable Class system in expansion

Val,

Ihave to start with saying that you are amazing for creating such a incredible addition to the game! I already have a game that my girlfriend and I have been playing and we would like to add all of the mods except for the class system. Is this possible without some serious XML editing?

Please tell me I don't need to create a new save for this... Just started playing a couple weeks ago with a friend of mine & stumbled upon this.

EDIT 1: Also, if I'm understanding correctly, the Expansion version "Class System" would only give additional items to start the game & not affect gameplay in any other way correct? The locked down crafting trees is only part of the overhaul version?

You don't need to start a new save, no. Though you will probably have to relearn things. Sounds like you're wanting the Expansion Pack which I believe is "friendlier" with previous saves anyway. Should be good to go.

To clarify the class system, even in overhaul, does not lockdown any recipes. There are no exclusive class-only skills, in either version. But to answer your question no the Expansion does not change the core gameplay mechanics. The class system is just starting items and knowledge.

I have never ran a mod before so i had a question. Is there a way i can still have the vanilla game still playable when you put mods onto it. Like have 1 version normal and another modded? Do i have to create a back up for the xml stuff too to revert? Sorry sure this is around on here but i haven't see it so far.

Mod looks great and can't wait to try it.

Edit: Never mind, i seen this when i downloaded the overhual "To install downloaded mods from 7days2mod.com extract the zip into the '7 Days To Die' game folder and accept overwrites.

To return to unmodified files, right click '7 Days To Die' in your steam library, choose 'Properties', 'LOCAL FILES' tab, 'VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE' button.""

derp my bad

Val, not getting any descriptions. I checked the localization file and it seems to have been populated but most items it seems are not there. Is this just something you are still working on? Also, on the Medic class. It seems that the gun can only be attained through the mail order, this intended? Seems kind of like the defining aspect of the medic is the gun that I am guessing fires healing dart. I am unsure because there weren't descriptions. Personal opinion on the healing agent. 3 pain killers seems a little high as they only seem to be available via looting and for a dart that heals 14 points. The three pain killers would heal a heck of a lot more. I may be misunderstanding what your plan was for the medic.

I have never ran a mod before so i had a question. Is there a way i can still have the vanilla game still playable when you put mods onto it. Like have 1 version normal and another modded? Do i have to create a back up for the xml stuff too to revert? Sorry sure this is around on here but i haven't see it so far.

Edit: Never mind, i seen this when i downloaded the overhual "To install downloaded mods from 7days2mod.com extract the zip into the '7 Days To Die' game folder and accept overwrites.

To return to unmodified files, right click '7 Days To Die' in your steam library, choose 'Properties', 'LOCAL FILES' tab, 'VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME CACHE' button.""

derp my bad

Take a look here, which may help you solve your issue.

-SphereII

derp my bad

Hi The Necro KIng,

Just an FYI the version on my site is a little out of date so you would be best to get it from the github repo (here). I'm working on some big changes with my site so that it uses the github repo for direct access rather than requiring people to upload their updates.

You can also use the ModLauncher to do all the downloading and creating of seperate game folders etc for you. then all you need to do is choose which mod to play and click a button ;)

- - - Updated - - -

damit, stalker :p

Hey StompyNZ you quoted me and said hi to ShadexDemarr. I guess you where answering us both? Or just left me out of the hi... #feelsbadman lol jk. Anyways you said your site and took me to valmar site, you guys twins or something... now I'm confused...

Anyways got the Mod launcher from Sphereii already, thanks btw just got valmod running. Thank you both for the response btw sorry just a noob trying to check out some mods before A15. Might have to change my settings does the Overhaul mod add a bunch to computer load? Can't check my FPS atm trying to get steam overlay to work still.

Just got mod installed so still testing it but so far did see a burning zombie and he was running at me in a non burning zone. Running part sucked bc fps was down but a good oh sh*t moment. Is him running as intended bc i have no running on? Started as Gunsman so running zombies will mess up my whole rick grimes play style this run. Since .44 is loud as hell

Hey StompyNZ you quoted me and said hi to ShadexDemarr. I guess you where answering us both? Or just left me out of the hi... #feelsbadman lol jk. Anyways you said your site and took me to valmar site, you guys twins or something... now I'm confused...

Anyways got the Mod launcher from Sphereii already, thanks btw just got valmod running. Thank you both for the response btw sorry just a noob trying to check out some mods before A15. Might have to change my settings does the Overhaul mod add a bunch to computer load? Can't check my FPS atm trying to get steam overlay to work still.

Just got mod installed so still testing it but so far did see a burning zombie and he was running at me in a non burning zone. Running part sucked bc fps was down but a good oh sh*t moment. Is him running as intended bc i have no running on? Started as Gunsman so running zombies will mess up my whole rick grimes play style this run. Since .44 is loud as hell

Heh sorry, just woke up so got the names mixed up :)

The site you refer to (7days2mod.com) is mine not Valmars, but Val has done a huge amount in helping me develop it :)

I host his mod as well as some others, and people can also create their own mods there.

The GitHub site is an open source hosting provider, and I am converting my site to use that as the storage system rather than have people upload files to my site directly. Anyone is free to contribute to mods hosted on github, and I have created an organisation there to help people find mods (github.com/7days2mod) where I have either uploaded the mod files directly, or created a fork (copy) of mods others have under their own user accounts.

In short, if you want the zip files for the mod, go to the github repo, if you want to view the xml configs using a nice GUI then visit 7days2mod.com :)

Quick question with the chicken coop - once you collect the "nest", can you refill/reload/reset the coop, or does it do that over time automattically?

It will automatically spawn another nest after a long enough period passes.

You're the best Valmar! Played a few hours with this mod pack and my god, it's amazing!

Thank you, you flatter me. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

derp my bad

You can have a vanilla and modded version of the game at the same time, if you so desire. You'd just have to make a copy of the 7 Days to Die game folder in steamapps and mod that version of the game. There are some videos on youtube specifically showing how to do this with Valmod specifically, actually. Though an easier option is to use the Mod Launcher, like Sphereii and Stompy mentioned above.

Val, not getting any descriptions. I checked the localization file and it seems to have been populated but most items it seems are not there. Is this just something you are still working on? Also, on the Medic class. It seems that the gun can only be attained through the mail order, this intended? Seems kind of like the defining aspect of the medic is the gun that I am guessing fires healing dart. I am unsure because there weren't descriptions. Personal opinion on the healing agent. 3 pain killers seems a little high as they only seem to be available via looting and for a dart that heals 14 points. The three pain killers would heal a heck of a lot more. I may be misunderstanding what your plan was for the medic.

Pretty much everything should have descriptions. Are you playing on a server or singleplayer?

You should be able to find tranq guns in medicine cabinets. I will make make a note to look at the heal rate of the dart though.

Can't check my FPS atm trying to get steam overlay to work still.

If you download the 7D2DModLauncher.exe from the post, you can place that file on your Desktop. Then, in Steam, add it as a Non-Steam game. Start the Launcher through Steam, and you'll get the overlay in the game as well.

-SphereII

Might have to change my settings does the Overhaul mod add a bunch to computer load? Can't check my FPS atm trying to get steam overlay to work still.

Valmod is purely XML driven so it shouldn't cause any more computer load than normal.

You can check your FPS with the in-game FPS counter which I believe is the F8 key.

Scorched rushers are intended to run, yes. They have the least amount of health out of all the other zombies, though, to compensate.

You could smack a gun silencer on that 44magnum. No noise then lol

If you download the 7D2DModLauncher.exe from the post, you can place that file on your Desktop. Then, in Steam, add it as a Non-Steam game. Start the Launcher through Steam, and you'll get the overlay in the game as well.

-SphereII

Ah did everything but run the app in steam instead of desktop, tyvm for the launcher btw. First found the game on xbox one then found out it is behind pc and then started to see all the youtube mods for it so had to get it on pc as well.

Valmod is purely XML driven so it shouldn't cause any more computer load than normal.

You can check your FPS with the in-game FPS counter which I believe is the F8 key.

Scorched rushers are intended to run, yes. They have the least amount of health out of all the other zombies, though, to compensate.

You could smack a gun silencer on that 44magnum. No noise then lol

Yea still waiting for Carl to show me how to make that Silencer out of news paper lol. Great mod so far is there any way i see the info on all zomibes etc like who runs explodes etc. didn't see it on mod page maybe i over looked it. Funny story is i never tried random gen and did it for your mod was running back to first house i found getting towards night and feel in a freaking cave i guess or a cave that fell-in. No exit and zombies start coming. running out of ammo so i try to make a path out and zombie glitches over wall 3 block high and eats me for dinner... Carl!!! take care of your sister. Was gonna try to play iron man so restarting is that what people do or do you die in this game too much?

Ah did everything but run the app in steam instead of desktop, tyvm for the launcher btw. First found the game on xbox one then found out it is behind pc and then started to see all the youtube mods for it so had to get it on pc as well.

Yea still waiting for Carl to show me how to make that Silencer out of news paper lol. Great mod so far is there any way i see the info on all zomibes etc like who runs explodes etc. didn't see it on mod page maybe i over looked it. Funny story is i never tried random gen and did it for your mod was running back to first house i found getting towards night and feel in a freaking cave i guess or a cave that fell-in. No exit and zombies start coming. running out of ammo so i try to make a path out and zombie glitches over wall 3 block high and eats me for dinner... Carl!!! take care of your sister. Was gonna try to play iron man so restarting is that what people do or do you die in this game too much?

No problem. Hope it helps you explore what this game has to offer.

I die. I die a lot. Sometimes dozens of times before I get a foot hold in my world. Other times, I die once, and I REVENGE MY SOUL BY DESTROYING THE WORLD!

Erm, I mean, yes, I frequently restart RWG. :)

-SphereII

lol i hear that. So is Valmar better in Random gen or is it for Navezgane the intended spot? In my mind i struggle with what is the best setting for said character. Like rick woke up to a bunch of unknowns but he knew he was in a hospital and where his home was. But then you have the whole maybe you lost your memory when the world went to ♥♥♥♥. Speaking of how the console has DLC skins for TWD series, is there any character mods for people yet? I tried messing around with it a bit but vanilla options on hair suck. That long hair looks like you going bald or was a hobo before the zombies came.

lol i hear that. So is Valmar better in Random gen or is it for Navezgane the intended spot? In my mind i struggle with what is the best setting for said character. Like rick woke up to a bunch of unknowns but he knew he was in a hospital and where his home was. But then you have the whole maybe you lost your memory when the world went to ♥♥♥♥. Speaking of how the console has DLC skins for TWD series, is there any character mods for people yet? I tried messing around with it a bit but vanilla options on hair suck. That long hair looks like you going bald or was a hobo before the zombies came.

I'ved played on RWG and Navezgane. The mods work great on both. I would find RWG to be a bit parse in buildings, so I usually toss in CompoPack for an extra spin on things.

No DLC has been announced yet, but it's expected that the PC version will be getting some TWD skins at some point.

-SphereII

There is a fat zombie that explodes but not all of them do. You can tell him apart from "normal" fatties by looking at his walk. Bombers have a different "stompy" walk from the normal fatties. Also I die all the time. Especially early game.

Personal preference. I say its better with random gen (more so if you use compo pack) but its all up to you.

There are no character mods like that yet. And honestly we're unlikely to get them for a long time yet as that would require deeper modification than just XML files. Though those SDX guys might have some stuff.

I personally don't like the combo pack - some of the buildings are huge and filled with crates.

There is too much loot even with Loot Abundance set to 25% (IMHO).

Val,

The hunter knife gives back the same amount of metal (20) when it is melted in the forge as is required to make it. Same goes for the spiked club but it also requires wood which does get lost when melted (obviously).

Archived