A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I have a quick question, and forgive my ignorance because I'm very new to mods and modding. I never went to the prefab section but there's this mod called the "Compo-pack for Random Gen" that has a TON of new prefabs into the game. Is this ok to use with your mod? and if so, how do i download it and make sure it gets applied correctly?

Hey Val,

I don't know if this is possible but could you either slow down XP gain or raise the amount of XP required to level for the overhaul version?

By day twelve I had all the skills I needed and there really much point to exploring on.

I think the first 10 level should be gained at the rate it currently does but it should double or triple after that.

Are you referring to the perk recipes?

where do I find the scrap cable now? I know in the vanilla you just had to use a wrench on the consoles and you got some, but it does not seem to work that way with your mod. I have the expansion installed.

Ps. Found the search option for the thread and found that the question was already asked and answered. thanks.:)

Despite it being answered I just want to clarify something here.

My mod makes ZERO changes to the scrapCable drop rate. If you're not getting it, then you're just having bad luck. Since the scrapCable is not set to drop everytime. You have 50% chance to get 5 scrapCable from it. I do not touch these values from vanilla. That being said you can also craft scrapCable in my mod.

Do Chicken coops need Light... as in sunlight? I ask because in real live our family chicken coops are in a shelter, so im not sure.

Yes. Use them in the same way you would use a plant. If you would not try growing a plant there then dont try growing the chicken coop there. It uses the plant-growth system. Same with the snares.

I have a quick question, and forgive my ignorance because I'm very new to mods and modding. I never went to the prefab section but there's this mod called the "Compo-pack for Random Gen" that has a TON of new prefabs into the game. Is this ok to use with your mod? and if so, how do i download it and make sure it gets applied correctly?

Yes it is compatible. Just make sure to install my mod first and then put compo pack ontop of it. because you need the Compo Pack's rwgmixer.xml to replace mine (which is just vanilla).

Hey Val,

I don't know if this is possible but could you either slow down XP gain or raise the amount of XP required to level for the overhaul version?

By day twelve I had all the skills I needed and there really much point to exploring on.

I think the first 10 level should be gained at the rate it currently does but it should double or triple after that.

Are you referring to the perk recipes?

I'm referring to the speed in which the player gains levels from perk skill gains or the speed in which a perk skill levels up from use (this would probably be harder to change if it is even possible).

I'm trying to extend the time it takes to buy all the perk skills/recipes I need.

I also think the survival notes drop rate should be cut in half. I know I can just not use them but since the player has access to most skills at the start this will slow down the leveling speed.

I like to think of myself as a hardcore gamer who likes a slow difficult crawl towards the top but this might not fit with your vision of the mod.

<player max_level="200" exp_to_level="4000" experience_multiplier="1.01" skill_points_per_level="5" skill_point_multiplier="0"/>

<skills max_level="100" exp_to_level="250" experience_multiplier="1.03" skill_point_cost_multiplier="0" skill_point_cost_per_level="1">

change those settings in the progression.xml and it should slow down your level gains. You could also change the experience_multiplier to be higher if you want higher levels to take a lot longer.

Thanks stompy!

So if I changed "experience_multiplier="1.01"" to "experience_multiplier="2.01"" what exactly would be the effect?

An impossible challenge, lol. If you want to slow it down by half then use 1.02.

As for note drop rate they can be adjusted in the loot.xml. Really depends on where you feel like you're finding them the most.

Can you use the mod without it affecting your other games?

I am new to the game but not new to modded games and yours sounds amazing! I do have another game going with my husband, however, and don't want to lose that. Is it possible to play a modded game without it affecting my other game? If so, how? My husband hosts our game. Maybe I could host the modded one? But if we have the files installed...will it impact all of it? Thanks so much! Gotta run, hubby has started without me!

I am new to the game but not new to modded games and yours sounds amazing! I do have another game going with my husband, however, and don't want to lose that. Is it possible to play a modded game without it affecting my other game? If so, how? My husband hosts our game. Maybe I could host the modded one? But if we have the files installed...will it impact all of it? Thanks so much! Gotta run, hubby has started without me!

The easiest way would be to copy your vanilla 7 Days to Die game folder, and rename the copy to something like 7 Days to Die - Valmod. After you've done that you can add the 7 Days to Die executable from the Valmod folder to Steam using the "Add non-Steam game to library" function. That way both versions are independent of each other and you can switch between them without having to copy stuff and verify files, etc.

Valmar, I've been playing the expansion version in a SP game, and I have to thank you for adding a ton of quality of life improvements like the gear that cools you so you can make unique variable aesthetics. Great work as always!

The easiest way would be to copy your vanilla 7 Days to Die game folder, and rename the copy to something like 7 Days to Die - Valmod. After you've done that you can add the 7 Days to Die executable from the Valmod folder to Steam using the "Add non-Steam game to library" function. That way both versions are independent of each other and you can switch between them without having to copy stuff and verify files, etc.

:triumphant:

Thank you SOOO much!

Compatible With OSX?

Apologies if this has been answered already, I can't search the thread for osx or mac as the words are too short. Is this mod (Valmod Pack) compatible with Mac OSX? More specifically as a dedi operator wondering if his OSX players can use this mod. I know OSX doesn't use drives letters as Windows does and some mods with customs icons/textures don't seem to work on OSX due to this.

I don't have any experience with the bootstrap.sh that you used to install the server. @Aultra believes that the directory is /home/username/engine/. I also don't know how experienced you are with working Linux on the command line. If you type the command "cd /home/". that will move you to the home directory. Then type "ls" to list the directories and cd into the user directory you used to install the game. "ls" again should show the game folder (engine or something 7 days to die related.)

Another option is to install mlocate and search for the serverconfig.xml file which is in the game directory:

sudo apt-get install mlocate (to install mlocate)

updatedb (to update the locate database)

locate serverconfig.xml (to locate the config file)

If you still have issues, you can pm me and I can possibly set up a remote assistance session to help you out.

Awesome thanks Guys.

I apparently didn't drink enough beer yet and was overthinking it. I found the folder and am gonna get this mod going finally.

Thanks again!!!

Apologies if this has been answered already, I can't search the thread for osx or mac as the words are too short. Is this mod (Valmod Pack) compatible with Mac OSX? More specifically as a dedi operator wondering if his OSX players can use this mod. I know OSX doesn't use drives letters as Windows does and some mods with customs icons/textures don't seem to work on OSX due to this.

Yes, its compatible with the Mac. The install path is the only difference. How you get to it I do not know as I never used a Mac. As long as you can locate the game install directory that has the vanilla data folder you should be fine. In short: it works but its harder to figure out. I assume those using Macs will be tech savvy enough to figure it out on their own since they opted to get such a niche system. Not as niche as linux but still.

Though there may be issues with getting the icons to work since it seems the game is having issues with Mac atm with custom icons. source

As for the install instructions I will quote what someone else said a long time ago about this:

"With regard to your install instructions, they will not work with a Mac as OSX uses the combined "app" files which are essentially the main game folder in one. So when a user with OSX tries to install your mod they wont find the folders you mentioned. They'll need to right click the <7DaysToDie.app> file and choose "Show Package Contents" (this opens it like a folder). From there the Valmod folders can be copied to the locations you've identified."

hey val, and gang, question...

since im doing some additional mods, is it ok, to host the valmod files per server myself, in a different location, im planning on overhaul, but will do some additional tweaks unique to my server which may require more files. (i plan on slapping those files on github so all will have access to any of my changes too)

i know this may have been asked somewhere in the other 2900 posts, but search is not working right for me i guess...

Yes, its compatible with the Mac. The install path is the only difference. How you get to it I do not know as I never used a Mac. As long as you can locate the game install directory that has the vanilla data folder you should be fine. In short: it works but its harder to figure out. I assume those using Macs will be tech savvy enough to figure it out on their own since they opted to get such a niche system. Not as niche as linux but still.

Though there may be issues with getting the icons to work since it seems the game is having issues with Mac atm with custom icons. source

As for the install instructions I will quote what someone else said a long time ago about this:

"With regard to your install instructions, they will not work with a Mac as OSX uses the combined "app" files which are essentially the main game folder in one. So when a user with OSX tries to install your mod they wont find the folders you mentioned. They'll need to right click the <7DaysToDie.app> file and choose "Show Package Contents" (this opens it like a folder). From there the Valmod folders can be copied to the locations you've identified."

Thank you good sir! I think your comments will do the trick. =)

hey val, and gang, question...

since im doing some additional mods, is it ok, to host the valmod files per server myself, in a different location, im planning on overhaul, but will do some additional tweaks unique to my server which may require more files. (i plan on slapping those files on github so all will have access to any of my changes too)

i know this may have been asked somewhere in the other 2900 posts, but search is not working right for me i guess...

I dont see why not.

Have to ask, Zombie Gorilla Boss !?!?! what does it look like, cant find it and need it to end the Boss Quest :-)

Night Horde 56. You'll know him when you see him. Have ammo. Or explosives. Like a lot.

Archived