A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Hi Val,

Question - I want to do one more play though before A15 and I was wondering if there was a way to play your mod but with the perks/skills working as it does in vanilla (IE: I need to find books for skills)?

I've played overhaul and expansion already and this will be a some what new way to play.

I'd love if you could boost the resources each type of "asset?" (what is it called? I mean the lead ore vein, the sand soil) I mean they do deliver too few materials/resources, even the girders in the wasteland biome, most of the time I find myself doubling this value of the resource they sould deliver.

Also it'd be amazing if the concrete mixer either used fewer resources to deliver the same amount or produce them faster, where it stands now it needs to be manned just to deliver the exact same thing :-(

Please and thanks! still loving this mod after all this time

Yeah, they could be adjusted. All the block harvest/destroy events are handled in the blocks.xml. Though balancing out those type of things can be a bit of a nightmare.

The scrap metal pile for example. It currently gives you 3 scrapiron. So if I increased it to, say, 6, that sounds good right? But then think of thing. Metal blocks that fall in the game are set to turn into these piles... and yet some of these metal blocks only give a max of 3 scrap iron when harvested. So if I did change the scrap metal pile there would be this scenario where letting the block fall to turn into the pile would actually get you more resources than harvesting the block directly. That would have to balanced out.

I'm afraid I just dont have it in me atm to tackle on that kind of project just yet. I won't rule out the possibility but I don't see it being on my priority list anytime soon.

The concrete mixer... well, a bit tricky here. In Overhaul there is "same thing" alternative, really, as the majority of the blocks in the mixer can only be crafted in the mixer. So its not like its faster to do it X way instead of this way - since this is the only way. At least in overhaul. The player having to be in the mixer to benefit from faster crafting time is a vanilla bug (or intended feature, Im not sure) so there isn't a ton I can do about that without manually setting all the recipes up to use default lower base crafting time.

Hi Val,

Question - I want to do one more play though before A15 and I was wondering if there was a way to play your mod but with the perks/skills working as it does in vanilla (IE: I need to find books for skills)?

I've played overhaul and expansion already and this will be a some what new way to play.

Kinda. You could play the Expansion Pack where all the books still exist. You could still buy the perks with skill points though. No easy way around that other than self-regulation.

Where can I find out more about the Medieval Times mod you mentioned? No airdrops, guns, steel or antibiotics I assume but what else is different? I am interested in testing it out.

Medieval Times

It hasn't really reached the point of being playable. Its still in the building stages. Can't have a medieval mod without a medieval world, afterall. The prefabs are all still in construction. Its still early in its early stages of construction. I'm a slow, slow builder so its taking a long time.

When its done it will technically stilll have air drops since thats something the player has to disable (made roleplay its a dragon courier?). It won't have guns expect for perhaps a blunderbuss. I'm not sure on steel. I'd like to have some variety on smithing techniques so it might stay - but those little details are still undecided. World building is a bigger priority at the moment. Antibiotics will still exist though not quite the same form we have now. I'm hoping herbs and alchemy will play a pretty big row. Potions, elixirs and the like.

Mining Helmet doesn't work after repair

I posted this over in the Steam forums, but am repeating it here in hopes it gets seen sooner:

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but my mining helmet light no longer comes on after I repaired the helmet. I assembled the swat helmet + flashlight and it won't work either. Tried the usual fix of removing the helmet and re-equipping and even putting it in a container then restarting the game and looting it. The first time I try to turn the light on after entering the game I hear the click, but I never hear it again no matter how many times I hit the key. I am using just the expansion pack (current version). A friend playing vanilla repaired his helmet to test the problem and his helmet continued to work. Suggestions?

Hi there my forge got glitched out of the blue and now when I try to use it the console opens and I get a null reference error for that item, I just turned around to grab the feathers and I was going to make some bolt tips and it stopped working, if it matters at all it's the full forge not the simple one and it was fueled by wood and "melting" stone.

No idea what to do other than destroy it and lose everything :'(

You could toggle the creative menu and give yourself back the items lost on destroying the forge.

So now it works... restarted a few times and I have no idea what went wrong or right, a loop? a loop that din't fire this time? now it works again :uncomfortableness:

Hi there my forge got glitched out of the blue and now when I try to use it the console opens and I get a null reference error for that item, I just turned around to grab the feathers and I was going to make some bolt tips and it stopped working, if it matters at all it's the full forge not the simple one and it was fueled by wood and "melting" stone.

No idea what to do other than destroy it and lose everything :'(

Usually exiting right out of the game and going back in fixed this issue.

I posted this over in the Steam forums, but am repeating it here in hopes it gets seen sooner:

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but my mining helmet light no longer comes on after I repaired the helmet. I assembled the swat helmet + flashlight and it won't work either. Tried the usual fix of removing the helmet and re-equipping and even putting it in a container then restarting the game and looting it. The first time I try to turn the light on after entering the game I hear the click, but I never hear it again no matter how many times I hit the key. I am using just the expansion pack (current version). A friend playing vanilla repaired his helmet to test the problem and his helmet continued to work. Suggestions?

Unequip and equip back usually works

Valmar we got two private servers. Can we put the Expansion one and the Overhaul on the other without getting conflicts with ur own pc/client files if u end up using both servers?

Technically yes. But you'd have to keep jumping back and forth between one set of client files to another. You need the relevant client files installed locally for the mod to function correctly. So you need Overhaul if you play on the Overhaul server and you need Expansion if you play on the Expansion server.

I was wondering what happened to all the stations before this version, I got the "lite" version of the mod and everything has been simplified into just the decor, chemist and dye station but none of them work for me... I even let USE key and click on the icon so it opens the crafting menu but nothing. It doesn't direct me to the crafting menu of that station which means no wires or gas from oil shales :(

also I think the handlebars are using the wrong crafting section, bartering IIRC.

Playin' your mod and lovin' it! Only issue I'm having is that all the chests and crates in the game have a transparent background which is making it really hard to see my stuff....I have opacity maxed in the options window. Never had this issue before? Is that part of your XuI changes? and if so..can you point me to the code to change it? Thx in advance!

Technically yes. But you'd have to keep jumping back and forth between one set of client files to another. You need the relevant client files installed locally for the mod to function correctly. So you need Overhaul if you play on the Overhaul server and you need Expansion if you play on the Expansion server.

Ah thanks... :)

Keep up the good work, it's a great mod

Helluva mod Val, thanks for all the work! This mod has breathed more life into the game for me and my friends. Hafta say, a couple of the zombie actions scared the crap outta me at first haha. Love the classes, it makes working together with partners at the start very beneficial. Love the recipes, been asking for the red flower (if i tried to spell it I would do it badly lol) to be able to be broken down into seeds for a while now. Love that you can grind to increase skills but it takes much much longer, though the xp gain for "Carpenters kits" is OP. And the diversity of recipes is refreshing. Love that alot of recipes and perks are opened in stages (gotta have a certain perk up to 'x' level before you can open the next level of something (ie metalsmithing to concrete) and additionally love that increasing weapon skills goes a bit faster than vanilla, especially archery for me. so, to sum up: Love the mod, lol, 11/10 ^5.

One question: one of 6 people in our game has experienced an issue where items in a storage type box only shows a number in an item slot and not the item graphic (ie shows 1000 of something in a slot but no graphic. Upon hovering your mouse over the number in the slot it reveal the text that its 1000 iron (but still no graphic)). he has reverted his data folder to original and recopied the mod pack into it but issue still persists. An idea what this could be?

I was wondering what happened to all the stations before this version, I got the "lite" version of the mod and everything has been simplified into just the decor, chemist and dye station but none of them work for me... I even let USE key and click on the icon so it opens the crafting menu but nothing. It doesn't direct me to the crafting menu of that station which means no wires or gas from oil shales :(

also I think the handlebars are using the wrong crafting section, bartering IIRC.

Lite version? You mean the expansion pack? Have you installed any other mod ontop of it, such as another UI mod?

Handlebars should be addressed in the next update. Hopefully with a twist. (Mechanic skill anyone?)

Playin' your mod and lovin' it! Only issue I'm having is that all the chests and crates in the game have a transparent background which is making it really hard to see my stuff....I have opacity maxed in the options window. Never had this issue before? Is that part of your XuI changes? and if so..can you point me to the code to change it? Thx in advance!

http://i.imgur.com/x1gEojk.jpg

Is it really that big of an issue for you?

Well, to turn it off you go into the data/config/XUi folder and open the styles.xml

Find itemStack and change its background_color to:

<style_entry name="background_color" value="[mediumGrey]"/>

Helluva mod Val, thanks for all the work! This mod has breathed more life into the game for me and my friends. Hafta say, a couple of the zombie actions scared the crap outta me at first haha. Love the classes, it makes working together with partners at the start very beneficial. Love the recipes, been asking for the red flower (if i tried to spell it I would do it badly lol) to be able to be broken down into seeds for a while now. Love that you can grind to increase skills but it takes much much longer, though the xp gain for "Carpenters kits" is OP. And the diversity of recipes is refreshing. Love that alot of recipes and perks are opened in stages (gotta have a certain perk up to 'x' level before you can open the next level of something (ie metalsmithing to concrete) and additionally love that increasing weapon skills goes a bit faster than vanilla, especially archery for me. so, to sum up: Love the mod, lol, 11/10 ^5.

One question: one of 6 people in our game has experienced an issue where items in a storage type box only shows a number in an item slot and not the item graphic (ie shows 1000 of something in a slot but no graphic. Upon hovering your mouse over the number in the slot it reveal the text that its 1000 iron (but still no graphic)). he has reverted his data folder to original and recopied the mod pack into it but issue still persists. An idea what this could be?

I'm glad you and your friends are enjoying the Valmod experience. Rest assured I know about the carpenter kits and I will nerf them in the next update.

About your problem: so everyone other than him can see the icon? Its odd that iron doesnt show its icon for him. Thats actually vanilla - I've made no changes to it. I'm not sure what the issue could be.

About your problem: so everyone other than him can see the icon? Its odd that iron doesnt show its icon for him. Thats actually vanilla - I've made no changes to it. I'm not sure what the issue could be.

hrmmm. Only reason we thought it was the mod-pack is when he reverted to original data folder and deleted the mod folder, he went in the game to check if the icons were there and they were perfectly fine. Soon as he redid the mod-pack every icon that is in a storage box (icons in his inventory shows correctly) are missing. Could it be something to due to the upgrade to storage boxes (quantity of item slots)? Yea, it seems weird that it only affecting him.

Yes it was lite before now its called expansion and yeah I thought it was still compatible with Eagle's UI but I uninstalled and it solved the problem.

BTW I'm trying to find on the guide which toolset belongs in the workbench, haven't found anything special yet and looking on the xml's can't find it either -_-

So... what's suppossed to be the tool in the workbench? please and thanks!

hrmmm. Only reason we thought it was the mod-pack is when he reverted to original data folder and deleted the mod folder, he went in the game to check if the icons were there and they were perfectly fine. Soon as he redid the mod-pack every icon that is in a storage box (icons in his inventory shows correctly) are missing. Could it be something to due to the upgrade to storage boxes (quantity of item slots)? Yea, it seems weird that it only affecting him.

So the items showed up after that. If they show up without the Mod folder then those were vanilla icons. Only two things come to mind that could cause that. He's playing on a mac or his specs are too low to handle the extra icons being stored to memory.

Yes it was lite before now its called expansion and yeah I thought it was still compatible with Eagle's UI but I uninstalled and it solved the problem.

BTW I'm trying to find on the guide which toolset belongs in the workbench, haven't found anything special yet and looking on the xml's can't find it either -_-

So... what's suppossed to be the tool in the workbench? please and thanks!

Worth mentioning that my UI is forked off of Red's UI. So they should look fairly similar in many aspects.

In expansion pack the only tool used in the workbench is the paper rack. Its a tool used for crafting paper.

So I put this on my server and am less than a day in but am impressed at how many new things there are; I can't wait to find out their purpose. I did think that perhaps the first Quest should be changed into a "how to use your kit" quest, though.

Archived