A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

Do you have the overhaul installed on your local system? The progression file does not push to the player. Again are you sure you actually have the Chemistry PERK unlocked? You just said you read the book. Check your perks.

Do you have the overhaul installed on your local system? The progression file does not push to the player. Again are you sure you actually have the Chemistry PERK unlocked? You just said you read the book. Check your perks.

I just reinstalled and redownloaded the overhaul pack reloaded the game and see no Chemisty PERK in my skills tree.

I just reinstalled and redownloaded the overhaul pack reloaded the game and see no Chemisty PERK in my skills tree.

Then the server is likely not running the latest version. Is it by chance a PingPerfect server? From what I understand they offer a download for my mod as part of their service and it is using an outdated version of my mod. 2.8 or something.

Open the creative menu and search for Valmod Version. There should be a hat there. This item tells you what version of the mod you are currently on. Sounds like its not a V3 version.

Then the server is likely not running the latest version. Is it by chance a PingPerfect server? From what I understand they offer a download for my mod as part of their service and it is using an outdated version of my mod. 2.8 or something.

Open the creative menu and search for Valmod Version. There should be a hat there. This item tells you what version of the mod you are currently on. Sounds like its not a V3 version.

No its a dedicated on a friends PC, we're at 2.9, but we'll update and see if that fixes it.

First of all. Great job Val. :)

Couple issues we're having with the latest expansion version. (sorry if these are mentioned already, couldn't find solutions).

- Guns you are holding aren't visible to other players. You are just empty handed with arms in weird positions (as if you were holding a gun). Gun is visible to yourself. Pretty damn annoying.

- I read you say scrap cable drop rate is not altered but I find it hard to believe. Maybe there's a bug? Stripped over hundred fridges, consoles etc and didn't find a single cable. Neither did my friends. In vanilla we had maybe twenty or so with equal amount of looting.

- Legendary chainsaw can't be repaired

- Two of my friends say Valmod expansion makes the game much heavier and lowers the performance on their lower spec computers. Is this true and is there anything you can do about it in future versions?

No its a dedicated on a friends PC, we're at 2.9, but we'll update and see if that fixes it.

How did you redownload and reinstall a version that is several updates old? At anyrate, yeah, you're going to want to grab the latest version.

First of all. Great job Val. :)

Couple issues we're having with the latest expansion version. (sorry if these are mentioned already, couldn't find solutions).

- Guns you are holding aren't visible to other players. You are just empty handed with arms in weird positions (as if you were holding a gun). Gun is visible to yourself. Pretty damn annoying.

- I read you say scrap cable drop rate is not altered but I find it hard to believe. Maybe there's a bug? Stripped over hundred fridges, consoles etc and didn't find a single cable. Neither did my friends. In vanilla we had maybe twenty or so with equal amount of looting.

- Legendary chainsaw can't be repaired

- Two of my friends say Valmod expansion makes the game much heavier and lowers the performance on their lower spec computers. Is this true and is there anything you can do about it in future versions?

INvisible gun - Sounds like a vanilla issue. Nothing I did should cause that - indeed the work fine for me on our server. Does sound annoying though.

Scrap Cable - You don't have to believe me. You can compare my blocks.xml with vanilla and find all the instances of scrapCable to see I have no touched the vanilla harvest events. Welcome to the joys of Random Number Generation.

Chainsaws - I'll have that adjusted in the next update hopefully.

Performance - Assuming you're on the latest version, no, theres not much else I can do. I assume their issue is the inventory browsing lag. Use the simple forge whenever possible. Or search for something in the crafting list to narrow it down to speed up everything else.

How did you redownload and reinstall a version that is several updates old? At anyrate, yeah, you're going to want to grab the latest version.

We updated, we don't get to play but once a week or so, only got the files from your links :p But it fixed it.

Hello Valmar,

yesterday we started a new map with the overhaul 3.25 mod.

and now we have the problem, that we aren't able to build a workbench.

after a look in the progression.xml we found that the workbenchperk is commeted out, after commenting that in we are able to build the workbenches again.

is that a bug?

greetings

Baedel

Questions about level cap

i have done a modification with the level cap and skill cap i just implemented the normal level cap over the skills and perks but it doesnt seem to work properly it crashes, there are no errors that i see. Could someone else take a look please.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZMd8BpYJVk9YwebRXh9oobmsD41h8YXxhk-phT5xiFk/edit?usp=sharing

FormatExcepion: Input string was not in a correct format

was the error i got trying to get this to work. Unless someone already knows of a modded progression.xml i could use with valmod?

Thank You.

i have done a modification with the level cap and skill cap i just implemented the normal level cap over the skills and perks but it doesnt seem to work properly it crashes, there are no errors that i see. Could someone else take a look please.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZMd8BpYJVk9YwebRXh9oobmsD41h8YXxhk-phT5xiFk/edit?usp=sharing

FormatExcepion: Input string was not in a correct format

was the error i got trying to get this to work. Unless someone already knows of a modded progression.xml i could use with valmod?

Thank You.

At a glance:

<crafting_skill name="Bartering" icon="misc_crafting" description_key="barterDesc" title_key="barterTitle" group="crafting">

<effect name="CraftingTime">

<multiply skill_level="1,10" value="1.00,0.70"/>

<multiply skill_level="10,20" value="0.70,0.61"/>

<multiply skill_level="20,30" value="0.61,0.54"/>

<multiply skill_level="30,40" value="0.54,0.48"/>

<multiply skill_level="40,50" value="0.48,0.43"/>

<multiply skill_level="50,60" value="0.43,0.39"/>

<multiply skill_level="60,70" value="0.39,0.35"/>

<multiply skill_level="70,80" value="0.35,0.31"/>

<multiply skill_level="80,90" value="0.31,0.28"/>

<multiply skill_level="90,100" value="0.28,0.25"/>

<multiply skill_level="90,100" value="0.25,0.10"/>

</effect>

<effect name="CraftingQuality">

<setvalue skill_level="1,10" value="200,239"/>

<setvalue skill_level="10,20" value="239,316"/>

<setvalue skill_level="20,30" value="316,371"/>

<setvalue skill_level="30,40" value="371,416"/>

<setvalue skill_level="40,50" value="416,455"/>

<setvalue skill_level="50,60" value="455,489"/>

<setvalue skill_level="60,70" value="489,520"/>

<setvalue skill_level="70,80" value="520,549"/>

<setvalue skill_level="80,90" value="549,575"/>

<setvalue skill_level="90,100" value="575,600"/>

<setvalue skill_level="9=100,200" value="600,600"/>

</effect>

</crafting_skill>

Also the file linked has the entire contents twice... if thats your game file then that will cause issues too

At a glance:

<crafting_skill name="Bartering" icon="misc_crafting" description_key="barterDesc" title_key="barterTitle" group="crafting">

<effect name="CraftingTime">

<multiply skill_level="1,10" value="1.00,0.70"/>

<multiply skill_level="10,20" value="0.70,0.61"/>

<multiply skill_level="20,30" value="0.61,0.54"/>

<multiply skill_level="30,40" value="0.54,0.48"/>

<multiply skill_level="40,50" value="0.48,0.43"/>

<multiply skill_level="50,60" value="0.43,0.39"/>

<multiply skill_level="60,70" value="0.39,0.35"/>

<multiply skill_level="70,80" value="0.35,0.31"/>

<multiply skill_level="80,90" value="0.31,0.28"/>

<multiply skill_level="90,100" value="0.28,0.25"/>

<multiply skill_level="90,100" value="0.25,0.10"/>

</effect>

<effect name="CraftingQuality">

<setvalue skill_level="1,10" value="200,239"/>

<setvalue skill_level="10,20" value="239,316"/>

<setvalue skill_level="20,30" value="316,371"/>

<setvalue skill_level="30,40" value="371,416"/>

<setvalue skill_level="40,50" value="416,455"/>

<setvalue skill_level="50,60" value="455,489"/>

<setvalue skill_level="60,70" value="489,520"/>

<setvalue skill_level="70,80" value="520,549"/>

<setvalue skill_level="80,90" value="549,575"/>

<setvalue skill_level="90,100" value="575,600"/>

<setvalue skill_level="9=100,200" value="600,600"/>

</effect>

</crafting_skill>

Also the file linked has the entire contents twice... if thats your game file then that will cause issues too

Lol thanks i have a hard time with code... as im not a coder. But yeah ill fix them see if it works.

New Error

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
 at Skill.V (Int32 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at Skill.get_IsLocked () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at Skills.ModifyValue (Effects _effect, System.Single& _value, .Skill _callingSkill) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at EntityStats.Tick (Single dt, UInt64 worldTime) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at EntityPlayerLocal.OnUpdateLive () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at EntityAlive.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at EntityPlayer.OnUpdateEntity () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at World.TickEntities (Single _partialTicks) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I've made the modifications mentioned on bartering skill. now it will load the atlas and get past the menu to load a gamesave but after the gamesaeloads it gets the console error above? i cant see the error this time at all. im thinking its more than a typo though.

EDIT: Nvm i just deleted the world save in appdata that fixed it.

Hey, Valmar, a friend found a small exploit. crafting one pressure plate costs 3 scrap iron, but breaking it seems to recover 7 scrap iron.

Are you certain?

The recipe and block are unchanged from vanilla. Looking at them in the file I dont see it being setup to drop anything at all.

What version are you looking at? I just deleted my config and verified cache. The recipe still says it takes 3.

<recipe name="rScrapIronPlateMine" count="1" scrapable="True">

<ingredient name="gunPowder" count="3"/>

<ingredient name="ductTape" count="1"/>

<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="3"/>

</recipe>

Are you looking at the experimental 14.8?

What version are you looking at? I just deleted my config and verified cache. The recipe still says it takes 3.

</recipe>

The exploit was acknowledged by TFP in 14.7.

This was changed in 14.7 (changed from 3 to 16):

<recipe name="rScrapIronPlate" count="1">

<ingredient name="scrapIron" count="16"/>

</recipe>

However, the rScrapIronPlateMine was not fixed:

</recipe>

This should be also bumped to at least 16 or the scrapIron should be replaced with rScrapIronPlate.

This update fixes an issue Expansion Pack users had with not being able to craft certain recipes due to missing perks.

V3.26

[ Items ]

--- Added ---

ID 2925-2929

--- Modified ---

skillbookTailor - now teaches blade skill also

combatAxe

maniacPowder

lokiBow

Guns now give 3 exp when fired instead of just 1. Sniper/Magnum/AK47 give 5.

legendaryChainsaw - can now be repaired

[ Quests ]

--- Added ---

Dismantle Ammo 30 stack

--- Modified ---

cookbook quest now just needs you to "fetch" the cooking recipes so you dont have to stay in the campfire

[ Recipes ]

--- Added ---

Dismantle Ammo 30 stack

--- Modified ---

(Overhaul) Armor recipes from cloth to steel have increased exp added.

(Overhaul) clubWood - lowered crafting time

(Overhaul) woodenBow - lowered crafting time

(Overhaul) stoneAxe - lowered crafting time

(Overhaul) stoneShovel - lowered crafting time

[Loot]

--- Modified ---

skillBooks

[ Progression ]

--- Modified ---

(Overhaul) Metal Smithing

The Decapitator - lowered the rank needed for combat axe

(Expansion) Fixed an issue with perks beneath Security not showing up.

[ Entityclasses ]

--- Modified ---

(Overhaul) zombieSteve - no longer walks waving his hands around like a rave

[ Recipes ]

--- Modified ---

aloeCream - crafting time shortened and added a recipe to the chemistry station

[ Spawning ]

--- Modified ---

city

city_wasteland

[ entitygroups ]

--- Added ---

ZombiesUnique

--- Modified ---

AnimalsAll

ZombiesAll

ZombiesBoss

[ Buffs ]

--- Added ---

maniacBoost

--- Modified ---

energyDrink

sideeffect

[ Localization ]

--- Added ---

canPetfood

canPetfoodDesc

Dismantle Ammo 30 Stack

--- Modified ---

seedAloe

</recipe>

As Numberz noted its the plate, not the plateMine that is the issue :)

The mine at least explodes when you hit it so you cant harvest the scrap back.

The plate costs 3 iron but has all of the downgrade path or reinf scrap so was super cheap for its total hitpoints and harvested resources.

Hey Val,

Is it possible to add additional classes?

I was thinking of a shotgun assassin class which is basically the bruiser class but using the knife perk lines.

Oh its certainly possible. Key issue with it however, at least for me, is the recipes stay in your list forever. Honestly I think theres already a bit too many classes in the game. If there was a better system for this I wouldn't mind.

However one thing I have humored in the past however is to make a wildcard class that the player can build completely. Only starts with the basics but has no preset skills or perks - just starts with like 60-70 skill points to spend. If I recall correctly all the classes have 75 skill points. If I did this it would give the player more freedom to set their class up however they want, minus the starting items.

As Numberz noted its the plate, not the plateMine that is the issue :)

The mine at least explodes when you hit it so you cant harvest the scrap back.

The plate costs 3 iron but has all of the downgrade path or reinf scrap so was super cheap for its total hitpoints and harvested resources.

It'll be fixed in the next update. Of course since you can change things live feel free to change it on 7days2mod. :)

Btw is the download link for 7days2mod static? Or does it change whenever the file changes?

It'll be fixed in the next update. Of course since you can change things live feel free to change it on 7days2mod. :)

Btw is the download link for 7days2mod static? Or does it change whenever the file changes?

You can use the non version number url to have it always point to the latest version.

http://7days2mod.com/Valmod/_download for the download page

or

http://7days2mod.com/Valmod/_getzip for the file itself.

Im still keen to twist your arm into github, the more I learn about it the better I think it will be for mod distribution, and with the api I should be able to tie it directly into my site.

Should I forget I saw 14.*?

What do you mean?

You can use the non version number url to have it always point to the latest version.

http://7days2mod.com/Valmod/_download for the download page

or

http://7days2mod.com/Valmod/_getzip for the file itself.

Im still keen to twist your arm into github, the more I learn about it the better I think it will be for mod distribution, and with the api I should be able to tie it directly into my site.

Awesome. I'll see if Sphereii's mod launcher can work with these to direct that traffic your way.

I know, I know, github is love, github is life. Its on my list of things to get done. Hopefully sooner rather than later. Perhaps after A15. :)

Archived