A16 Valmod Pack

Valmar

I have a question, do the metal trussing blocks allow in light? I was thinking of making an indoor far and was wondering if I could use it as a roof?

Personally I use wood windows and rotate them until they're horizontal to make artificial skylights. They work well until I find the electronics book and add lights.

Does todays update require any character/world wipes?

You should be fine, however there could be an issue with the skills beyond 100 that val should be fixing before long (the skill effects need to have 100,200 level ranges defined)

Edit: Actually never mind that, he snuck in an update to remove the 200 max on skills to avoid this issue ;)

Welp. it took me over 100 bars of soap, and about 300 of those survivor note piles [1500 skill points] to baaaaasically get my character back to how smart and healthy she should be. and some reasonable cheating in gear, I didn't take some things that were over level, like my iron armor is green NOT purple. it took a lot of note grinding, I tell you.

In other news, Valmod. I noticed in newly rendered terrain, potatos are spawning in world like they should, and cars seem to have nicer loot. like aloe cream, calipers...and that's just from a few cars. So feedback says it's working.

I want trees to drop more than 2 seeds. how bout 3-15? a big ol minecraft oak could drop like 20 saplings. and with 1 animal trap effectively requiring I chop down 3 trees, SIX if I want to replant...that's kinda nuts. I mean...I'd fill up boxes of just wood, that I'll NEVER use. For now, I'll mod it myself, if I can figure out where, cause it's not a huge fix, but maybe that's something you can tweak? maybe they ONLY give "extra" seeds when fully grown? or maybe there's a 1:10 chance there's a "Special...flowering" tree, that spawns in place of a regular one, and those give TONS of seeds, the rest not so much? interesting alternatives that are more complicated than just making trees drop more seeds. brainstorms. I can't avoid them.

I want trees to drop more than 2 seeds. how bout 3-15? a big ol minecraft oak could drop like 20 saplings. and with 1 animal trap effectively requiring I chop down 3 trees, SIX if I want to replant...that's kinda nuts. I mean...I'd fill up boxes of just wood, that I'll NEVER use. For now, I'll mod it myself, if I can figure out where, cause it's not a huge fix, but maybe that's something you can tweak? maybe they ONLY give "extra" seeds when fully grown? or maybe there's a 1:10 chance there's a "Special...flowering" tree, that spawns in place of a regular one, and those give TONS of seeds, the rest not so much? interesting alternatives that are more complicated than just making trees drop more seeds. brainstorms. I can't avoid them.

So it took me some digging but in the blocks.xml one can find "mapleSeed" "blueSpruceSeed" and "pineSeed" in their respective trees. it's interesting to note, that they come in different "sizes" each one a different tree. the "treeMountainPine" is actually that with it's height in 8, 13, 16, 19 and 20m tall variants. and only the last three will drop 2 seeds. similar for the other trees. so it would be easy to modify the count size for each tree size! I imagine the 20m will have 15 but the 16 will have only 3. and maybe the 19 will have 4 or 5 with the reasoning most of the seeds aren't ripe...or rewards are biggest for those who're most patient.

Does todays update require any character/world wipes?

No.

I'm having a hard time finding scrap cables. I've been checking through fridges and ovens but I still can't seem to find any. Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance.

Well now you can craft them. Rejoice. :)

Edit: Actually never mind that, he snuck in an update to remove the 200 max on skills to avoid this issue ;)

Shhhh. Shhhhhhh. SHHHHH! You saw nothing. There was no issue, everything is perfect. :)

Welp. it took me over 100 bars of soap, and about 300 of those survivor note piles [1500 skill points] to baaaaasically get my character back to how smart and healthy she should be. and some reasonable cheating in gear, I didn't take some things that were over level, like my iron armor is green NOT purple. it took a lot of note grinding, I tell you.

In other news, Valmod. I noticed in newly rendered terrain, potatos are spawning in world like they should, and cars seem to have nicer loot. like aloe cream, calipers...and that's just from a few cars. So feedback says it's working.

I might just add an acorn drop to all the trees at some point. Its just finding the energy to do it. There are a ton of trees. I know there is a "treemaster" but Im not sure all the trees extend from it or not. Either way, a lot of tweaks.

- - - Updated - - -

Robin Hood adventure says it gives +1 to wooden bow, should be Handcrafted Bow

:-)

Thats just a visual thing. The perks "code name" is Wooden Bow. The name you see in-game for it is Handcrafted Bow. This is because the next level in the perk teaches you how to make an Iron Bow - so calling the perk Wooden Bow might be a bit confusing for those looking to craft the iron bow.

However the Robin Hood book, practically speaking, will only unlock stage 1 of the perk which is the wooden bow. Thus it says it unlocks Wooden Bow. Well, honestly, thats just how it happened to turned out. But I like that more than saying it was an accident that turned out for the best.

Miner's TNT is breaking Structural Integrity on our dedicated server, which requires a reboot to fix. Vanilla TNT works fine. The following videos show tests I've performed to demonstrate. I use wood frames, 2 vertical and 1 horizontal, to show normal and "broken" SI.

Do let me know if the problem persists in the last update. I specifically tested this out by doing the same thing (going to bedrock and testing with frames) and in my tests the SI worked fine with the changes made to the miners tnt.

What I'd like to see is a way to grow birch trees.

poor guys are left out of the grow a thon. also what'd be fun...is if you take a mature maple tree, add gasoline, and hit with a torch you "craft" it into one of those snaggly creepy burnt trees. like... an in game way of crafting one, for decoration. that'd be funny!

but yeah, unless you want to go super crazy, I just went and tweaked the numbers on the three trees that drop seeds, since at different sizes they already DO drop different ammounts. so it takes no time to fudge those numbers so that the "last" size category has by far, the most seeds on harvest.

Invisible items?

So I installed this and the expansion for a fresh current patch server and I'm finding a lot of items missing graphics/images along with old items missing images. Upon removal of the mod the issue persists, thoughts?

What I'd like to see is a way to grow birch trees.

poor guys are left out of the grow a thon. also what'd be fun...is if you take a mature maple tree, add gasoline, and hit with a torch you "craft" it into one of those snaggly creepy burnt trees. like... an in game way of crafting one, for decoration. that'd be funny!

but yeah, unless you want to go super crazy, I just went and tweaked the numbers on the three trees that drop seeds, since at different sizes they already DO drop different ammounts. so it takes no time to fudge those numbers so that the "last" size category has by far, the most seeds on harvest.

Adding more plants is tricky due to the block ID limit. Though letting you turn trees into the dead tree by using a torch is a neat idea. I'll make a note to see if thats possible.

- - - Updated - - -

So I installed this and the expansion for a fresh current patch server and I'm finding a lot of items missing graphics/images along with old items missing images. Upon removal of the mod the issue persists, thoughts?

What do you mean you installed "this and the expansion"? Its either expansion or overhaul. They don't work together. You mention a server - ensure you have the mod installed LOCALLY on your own machine - not just the server. Icons don't push.

Need more information and clarification to be of any use.

Adding more plants is tricky due to the block ID limit. Though letting you turn trees into the dead tree by using a torch is a neat idea. I'll make a note to see if thats possible.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean you installed "this and the expansion"? Its either expansion or overhaul. They don't work together. You mention a server - ensure you have the mod installed LOCALLY on your own machine - not just the server. Icons don't push.

Need more information and clarification to be of any use.

Seems I didn't read that part, I guess I'd just like the Expansion rather than the overhaul now that I read it. Having a server hosting the mods on pingperfect, all the mods are listed to be installed and just looked over the thread post very quickly. So I can't just have the expansion installed on the hosted server via console? Me and all of my friends have to put the files into our folders?

Granted that is the case how would I go about getting my icons back, not sure if a server reset or re install would remove all addons?

Seems I didn't read that part, I guess I'd just like the Expansion rather than the overhaul now that I read it. Having a server hosting the mods on pingperfect, all the mods are listed to be installed and just looked over the thread post very quickly. So I can't just have the expansion installed on the hosted server via console? Me and all of my friends have to put the files into our folders?

Granted that is the case how would I go about getting my icons back, not sure if a server reset or re install would remove all addons?

I don't know how much help I can be here. I do not know Pingperfect or have any association with them. They never even asked if they could add my mods to their list or whatever. I do not know, therefore, what version of the mod they are using or how they install it or anything of the like. I only support adding the mod manually with Filezilla or the like. I do not know how pingperfect handles things. I don't even know what "installed via console" means.

But yes, you and your friends WILL ened the mod installed locally for it to work. 7DTD is not very mod friendly atm so certain files do not "push" to the client. Thus they need them themselves. Theres nothing to be done about this, unfortunately.

As for your missing icons I assume they are missing because the server has the new icons but you do not. Installing the mod locally should fix the problem. If not then you're going to have to clarify what exactly the problem is and what you're trying to do.

Hi Valmod ist it korrekt that the recipe for the Garbagedisposal in V3.25 not more included is ?

or ist it an bug ?

greetings

Tador

Correct. In Overhaul v3.25 the recipe for crafting the garbage disposal was removed. However you can still get it in-game. Destroy a garbage can and it should drop one. Or upgrade an existing garbage can with the trash bag.

The Garbage Disposal still exists it just isn't as easy to get anymore since you cant craft it.

Given I download it from the envul site and upload to 7days2mod that shouldnt have been possible ;)

Most like Val had updated between you downloading from envul and me uploding to my site ;)

Could be, but it's working now anyway. :congratulatory:

When you download from Envul are you doing so by the blue "Download Game Mod" button under the logo? It seems a lot of people grab the OLD archived versions for them the "Version history" tab.

Just like that. I saw the update post so i went to the envul.com and downloaded from the blue button under logo "download game mod". So when you answer me i lookup in posts and found the StompyNZ link to his modding site and there was updated and the issue worked.

That's why i think something happend with the link file or the file while uploading.

latest version console error

" 2016-07-11T01:48:16 227.634 ERR Cannot create particle effect with name 'p_impact_feather_on_wood'. You have to add it to Resources/ParticleEffects "

firing any arrow type or Bolt type throws this error regardless of bow or crossbow type.

is it related to " feather " being its own materials class compared to arrows being wood class in vanilla?

Hello,

Just started using this mod and enjoying it; however, myself and several of my buddies are having a hard time trying to figure out how to unlock basic items to craft (mainly the Secure Storage Chest). From what I gather from reading through much of this thread, it seems that items like this are unlocked by a Perk, but I cannot for the life of me find the perk that lists the Secure Storage Chest as one of the recipes it unlocks.

Would appreciate some help on this.

Thanks!

Archived