Mumpfy's Custom Armors - Vanilla variants

Mumpfy

customarmorsbanner.thumb.png.305656c46c2de5cdd536b0efd408f53a.png

This mod adds 4 custom textured variants to the male enforcer outfit set, each new variant has matching boots, gloves, sunglasses and suits.

Every variant can be found in loot and can also be crafted or bought/sold with a small variation of the vanilla recipe.

The 4 male enforcer outfit variants are: Wick - Ledger - Phoenix - Lobito

suitsgif.gif.3482842e57defa44628771f1004166d5.gif

To make each of these variants the original vanilla models were exported from unity, tweaked in blender, re-textured in Substance Painter

and then re-imported into unity and assembled again to be packed into a new mod.

In addition to all the modeling and textures work this was only possible to make thanks to the huge help of Alter

who implemented some of his xml voodoo magic that made possible the new tweaked models to work properly.

Before Jumping into re-texturing all the models I also had the help of RookieEyes ‘Cooper’

who tested the prototype and gave me feedback on bugs and issues.

Last but not least, magejosh is the reason why these variants work in game as they do.

He took care of all the xml side of the mod related to loot, traders, recipes, progression and localization. Invaluable help.

ledger.thumb.jpg.b56d9fcf512731a63b945fe72b9ec645.jpg

phoenix.thumb.jpg.87e99c1dae99078108b4f32c29622496.jpg

This mod, like most mods out there, would never have been possible for me to make without the constant help and guidance of the Admns and modders from

Guppy’s Unofficial 7d2d Modding Server. 

Thanks to everyone.

The only bug that so far has happened using the armors is that sometimes, when you load the suit gear part in Fpv

you may see the model of the suit in the way of the camera. To avoid this I recommend always loading the suit part at the end.

So in any order you want, load the gloves, headgear and footwear….and then the chest armor.

If you have the model in the view this gets fixed by going into 3rd person view and back to 1rst. (F5)

This mod is free to use and enjoy for everyone.

DOWNLOAD NEW MOD FILES - MALE & FEMALE ENFORCER VARIANTS

If you want to make a donation, that help will  be used to keep subscriptions to some software running and help me buy tons, tons of coffee. The modders vital juice.

Send a donation clicking here

Author:

Mumpfy

( idea - 3d modeling and texturing - unity )

Collaborators:

( xml magic to hide the models in FP view )

magejosh

( xml development )

RookieEyes’Cooper’

( testing )

This is a first release of the mod. Next to come will be the female versions of the enforcer outfits as soon as possible. Then, the idea is to do variants of other armors.

I will also be updating my old zombie variants mod eventually, at some point. Since that requires some new models to be re-textured.

Edited by Mumpfy
i didnt mean for it to be in 3 pages (see edit history)

Amazing job as always Mumpfy!
Also, does

Before Jumping into re-texturing all the models I also had the help of RookieEyes ‘Cooper’

who tested the prototype and gave me feedback on bugs and issues.

mean you plan on adding MORE?! Ooh boy...

Xxml's are really NOT my thing, magejosh took care of all that part or the mod so im not the best to ask but i guess it works as any other loot value and most likely someone who knows xmls better can answer that

12 hours ago, MrSamuelAdams said:

Hey, If I wanted to lower the spawn/loot rate of your cloths I can put vlow or verylow in the config for loot? Right now it's "low"

You can do veryLow which changes the probability to 0.05. (low changes it to 0.2).

You can also set them to be via lootstage.  That requires using the ProbT1, ProbT2, ProbT3 tables for that.  Those are at the front of the loot table so you can see when they would first appear and when they are a higher chance to drop.

ProbT1Cap and ProbT2Cap are special lootstage tables that will always keep them available as a drop (ProbT1 has a higher limit where the possibility drops to 0)

Edited by BFT2020 (see edit history)

im not having a ton of ideas for the female versions of this. was gonna do 2 harleys, this more old style and the new more blue red and white look.... then im out of ideas.

so no promises of making them happen but i could hear some suggestions  so we get to 4 variants if anyone has some.

thats the original vanilla head wear actually. tho like with the male version i will use custom glasses

also the texturing on that one was the base start, has mutated already so ill upload images soon of that one and your suggestion also

Adobe_Substance_3D_Painter_qXDPAcBPbU.thumb.jpg.a501d8157000be2867c4aa13391c6674.jpgAdobe_Substance_3D_Painter_DZdFvY9ldW.thumb.png.a38b61d26d9a8eac64bd166eede37825.pngNVIDIA_Share_NSS2ihqlEO.thumb.png.d5ac0b5990a5ace1911033507218341a.pngAdobe_Substance_3D_Painter_cPzr21GJON.thumb.png.39351a8375414352bd45931337e59b2d.pngAdobe_Substance_3D_Painter_6lWlbmYzyl.thumb.png.1589f7b57eb60329228b5fe862c6e5da.pngAdobe_Substance_3D_Painter_TJGuu1wYRd.thumb.png.f4b4de51762d6d791571bb2de184a0f6.png

for harley ill do the "live fast - die clown" embroidery on the back but "live fast - die alpha"

on the other one idk if i can make more references since the model is quite different

I got the female enforcer variants almost ready, just on hold until i finish some work stuff and find the time to load them in game properly. I just wanted to remember whoever is using this if anyone is about the bug we have and how to avoid it. I will look into it again at some point to see if i can fix it entirely.

The only bug that so far has happened using the armors is that sometimes, when you load the suit gear part in Fpv

you may see the model of the suit in the way of the camera. To avoid this I recommend always loading the suit part at the end.

So in any order you want, load the gloves, headgear and footwear….and then the chest armor.

If you have the model in the view this gets fixed by going into 3rd person view and back to 1rst. (F5)

Wow, these are absolutely amazing.
I look forward to seeing these game-side.

On another note, I was commenting on a couple other mods that still referenced the old A21 clothes and various mechanics of said clothes.
1.) Do you think it possible to cobble the old (A21 clothing) stuff into sets or piecemeal (maybe with invisible assets for parts until another part of the clothing set is worn on the character avatar)?

2.) Looking at your model, do you think its possible to say... just wear the pants (like you find pants again) and it show up just on the lower half of model. I was wondering IF... If the model could be divided into parts, so the lower half would have the mechanic that would allow for single items to appear in sections (pants/shorts/skirts, etc affect lower half of model) and the foot section of course for foot wear.   Assuming that could be done, then it would seem possible for the upper half (but would have more things to add since headgear and various face, eyewear is a lot).
3.) If #2 is not viable, could we cobble old gear into sets and use something like your model to apply it to (male/female), to make use of old assets and skills/perks and more "light armor" or "no armor" enhancements. Not sure if you could use your models as a base, but seems like a decent number of them would fit for those models.  Definitely something else would be needed for some of the different shaped gear (maybe re-use old assets or new ones).

Just an idea I've been thinking about over and over again.
I mean, we could simply use the primitive outfit as a base and apply sets cobbled together to it with different names and bonuses and use tinting to differ until fancier ways to apply 3D models come out, like yours.  Saw this and I really liked what you did with the whole set idea and models.

In any case, this is wonderful and I really appreciate the hard work you have put into it and helping make 7DTD a better game.
Thank you!

Posted (edited)

cant divide them into more slots atm. body armor is one piece only chest and pants because there is only one slot on the character for it.

I guess we will need to wait and see what TFP do for clothes in general in the future.

You can change the armors models and xmls but keeping that in mind, its 4 slots only, so head, feet, body, hands.

Im having a ton of work atm, so im trying as i can to do the vanilla armors variations, without going crazy on it. but we have tested fully custom models and it works so in the future other things would be added. not sure if me but maybe some other modder picks up and does more stuff.

the new armor system ( in my opinion ) its more modder friendly now. so we will be able to do more stuff, slowly. like I already did some tests having the zombie models as armors, i played as a lumberjack and as the fat cop and it alsmot works fine lol, a bit wonky but almost

Edited by Mumpfy
english 404 (see edit history)

right... i realize now i never posted that here, lol. well.... lets just say at some moment with the tests i may have gone too far.... some things should never be modded in.

7DaysToDie_Cxsbxq6qqV.jpg

7DaysToDie_yMQm0xHPJP.jpg

7DaysToDie_MbFG4PS5GC.png

13 minutes ago, Mumpfy said:

some things should never be modded in

Orrrr... if players can look like zeds.... then this might make for some really interesting pvp servers. Choose to be a "human almost zombie faction" or human faction. Actually encourage people in pvp to team up possibly!

of course, everyone would be dancers and jens so need to have some sort of guard against that.

i would love to have a base with random humans who joined me and up drives a gang of zombies on bikes and 4x4s.

Edited by doughphunghus (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Mumpfy said:

right... i realize now i never posted that here, lol. well.... lets just say at some moment with the tests i may have gone too far.... some things should never be modded in.

7DaysToDie_Cxsbxq6qqV.jpg

7DaysToDie_yMQm0xHPJP.jpg

7DaysToDie_MbFG4PS5GC.png

Hah, thats funny.
I can see this coming up as some HALLOWEEN OUTFITS to play with for the holidays.
Trick or Treat lol