The best way to get feathers if you're short on feathers

1 Jump from the roof of the building and sprain your leg. Try not to break it.

2 Equip club or knife. Using ammo is a waste 

3 Get on your bike and drive through the desert.

4 Bash buzzard with club or knife. Harvest bone, flesh, and feathers.

5 Equip club if using it.

6 Drive another 50 ft and repeat step four.

7 Consider putting a point in parkour because this gets boring

1 hour ago, zztong said:

I usually just go to the desert, find a vulture circling, brush up against a cactus, and wait for the vulture to bring me feathers.

That's better than breaking a leg 

There doesn't seem to be too much of a shortage on feathers. But I like the cactus idea

using myself as bait. Normally I listen using my headphones to the chicken cluck. Run 30

paces in that direction then duck. Most of the time my hunting meter turns green, then

I open the map and shoot a chicken. I only chase rabbits if I am stockpiling meat.

Usually by the time I get to a quest poi or location i have about a hundred extra arrows.

Luring vultures in the desert is a good option but there are just so many nests available in the forest where you start that getting a stacks of feathers should be easy before you go to the desert unless you're rushing other biomes... or going through a LOT of arrows.

Later game feathers are really easy.  Set up a concrete box on top of a POI before horde night.  Put "Feather donation site" on a sign. Put a couple SMG turrets on top.  Place your bicycle inside the box, and sit on it when horde starts.  Birds come from miles away to donate feathers.

Feathers are usually not much of an issue. Bird nests are aplenty all over. Alternatively, finding that POI with a lots of chickens inside it is an easy way to get a decent amount of meat and lotsa feathers too. 

But yeah, the option of  going to the desert, look for circling vultures and then just hugging the nearest cactus works extremely well XD. 

On 7/14/2024 at 9:32 AM, ElCabong said:

1 Jump from the roof of the building and sprain your leg. Try not to break it.

2 Equip club or knife. Using ammo is a waste 

3 Get on your bike and drive through the desert.

4 Bash buzzard with club or knife. Harvest bone, flesh, and feathers.

5 Equip club if using it.

6 Drive another 50 ft and repeat step four.

7 Consider putting a point in parkour because this gets boring

I heard you get a massive buff to feathers if the fall is off one of the high rises in the city - but it only works if you don't have any fall protection that the game will give you - like the boots mod or candy.

On 7/14/2024 at 10:15 AM, zztong said:

I usually just go to the desert, find a vulture circling, brush up against a cactus, and wait for the vulture to bring me feathers.

What that for feathers or improving your armor skill back in the day of LBD?  😉