War of the Walkers mod

dwallorde

You could modify the items and/or recipes xmls. I spent a couple hours balancing the food stats/recipes because I felt the same way.

Coincidence, I was about to make a note about the same thing. The prices on everything are clearly just stubbed in rather than thought out. If you have thought-out prices I'd love the xml if you're willing. The best value on the menu is 1 leek + 1 potato + 1 water, 1 step in the microwave, 25 tokens. Everything else, including like chocolate pumpkin pie which involves making dough and chocolate and has a PERK associated, is 12. And the stamina and health are just jacked in many places.

Let me know if you're willing to share. It's been a real disappointment because I'm excited about the class and all the recipes, but I want to make it a career option and not just a role-playing thing, and not just eat hobo stew for the rest of my life (although I just discovered white meat pie is close to hobo stew stats).

Thanks!

Updated: got over my hangup about cheating and hacked up my own changes. Thanks for the idea tho.

Edited by frinetik (see edit history)

Coincidence, I was about to make a note about the same thing. The prices on everything are clearly just stubbed in rather than thought out. If you have thought-out prices I'd love the xml if you're willing. The best value on the menu is 1 leek + 1 potato + 1 water, 1 step in the microwave, 25 tokens. Everything else, including like chocolate pumpkin pie which involves making dough and chocolate and has a PERK associated, is 12. And the stamina and health are just jacked in many places.

Let me know if you're willing to share. It's been a real disappointment because I'm excited about the class and all the recipes, but I want to make it a career option and not just a role-playing thing, and not just eat hobo stew for the rest of my life (although I just discovered white meat pie is close to hobo stew stats).

Thanks!

Updated: got over my hangup about cheating and hacked up my own changes. Thanks for the idea tho.

I didn't make any changes to the economy of the foods. Instead, I made changes to improve what I felt was poor returns for combining multiple ingredients. If an item requires A + B ingredients, then the filling properties of A and B should be upheld (or near). There were some foods that just weren't worth making because it was more filling to eat them separately than to combine together. I realize that combining them saves time while eating, and that some filling drop off may be warranted. Such as requiring 10 blueberries won't get the full benefit after combined. I tried to make it more reasonable for food items that required a lot of different ingredients and even changed recipes (amounts and ingredients). I can share that with you if interested.

I didn't make any changes to the economy of the foods. Instead, I made changes to improve what I felt was poor returns for combining multiple ingredients. If an item requires A + B ingredients, then the filling properties of A and B should be upheld (or near). There were some foods that just weren't worth making because it was more filling to eat them separately than to combine together. I realize that combining them saves time while eating, and that some filling drop off may be warranted. Such as requiring 10 blueberries won't get the full benefit after combined. I tried to make it more reasonable for food items that required a lot of different ingredients and even changed recipes (amounts and ingredients). I can share that with you if interested.

If you would share that information, that would be great! I would love to see what you think is reasonable

It looks like the motorcycle doesn't collide with the new snow people. Their looking good, as are all the newly added textures. Also, the HD version of the vehicles use the standard chassis and accessories, not the HD ones. Although they do take the HD battery and engine to craft, the speed is not any faster than the standard version. I'm loving this mod. It's obvious so much work went into it. Well done, dwallorde!

Does anyone have problems with this mod and loosing saved games? I am using ModLauncher and 2 of my saved games have disappeared. Anyone know what's wrong or how to fix?

Yes I have the same issue I’ve stopped launching through mod launcher and haven’t had an issue since

Edited by Zombizie
Grammatical error (see edit history)

The mod launcher has the option (defaulted to true I think) to store the save game in the same folder tree as the mod. Something like: D:\7D2D\Saves\Ravenhearst\Ravenhearst 5 5 2 Final A17 4 Edition\ Otherwise, you need to look in the vanilla save folder on your system drive like: \Users\YourProfile\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\SavesLocal\ Hope that helps.

Crafting bugs?

Just started playing with WotW this afternoon on an A17.4 run and am pretty much highly impressed however, I am running into a couple issues I am unsure as to whether are actually bugs or I just am not finding the appropriate perk to purchase thus far:

1 - was unable to craft a Scrap Iron Hammer despite having "scrap iron tools" perk purchased and of course appropriate materials in inventory. (other scrap iron tools did work ie wrench was fine - used creative menu to obtain the hammer)

2 - was unable to craft vanilla workbench despite having all appropriate materails plus extra in inventory (again used cm to spawn in a workbench)

I planned to follow up with other items I encounter when they happen, I have to say though, in 20+ years of gaming and utilizing forums for communication, this is: The.Worst.Forum.Setup.I've.Ever.Seen. Is there not a Mod specific forum where you could split into categories such as ideas and thoughts, development, bug reports, etc etc? It's insane trying to find help on a topic having to scroll an click through now over 100 pages of posts. Wish there was/is.

Anyway, great mod so far, hope to get some feedback on my minor concerns but not hopeful due to the volume of posts and variation of topics under this singular entity. Nothing but good wishes for the author, team, and players of this mod. CKA.

~J~

Hello, I'm new to this mod (any mod actually) and I have a few questions that could probably be answered if I knew where to look. What is a starter box? How do I choose a class? And any other noob "to this mod or any mod" question. I just downloaded via Bluefang, have launcher. I'm going to play it with my friends (we're all noob to mods) on Monday but I don't have any idea what this mod offers. The images at the start of thread are not showing through so I dont know if Im missing something. The videos I watched dont mention what a starter box is or classes. I apologize if these are questions easy to find answers but I think Im looking in the wrong places. I appreciate and thanks in advance for help.

Just started playing with WotW this afternoon on an A17.4 run and am pretty much highly impressed however, I am running into a couple issues I am unsure as to whether are actually bugs or I just am not finding the appropriate perk to purchase thus far:

1 - was unable to craft a Scrap Iron Hammer despite having "scrap iron tools" perk purchased and of course appropriate materials in inventory. (other scrap iron tools did work ie wrench was fine - used creative menu to obtain the hammer)

2 - was unable to craft vanilla workbench despite having all appropriate materails plus extra in inventory (again used cm to spawn in a workbench)

I planned to follow up with other items I encounter when they happen, I have to say though, in 20+ years of gaming and utilizing forums for communication, this is: The.Worst.Forum.Setup.I've.Ever.Seen. Is there not a Mod specific forum where you could split into categories such as ideas and thoughts, development, bug reports, etc etc? It's insane trying to find help on a topic having to scroll an click through now over 100 pages of posts. Wish there was/is.

Anyway, great mod so far, hope to get some feedback on my minor concerns but not hopeful due to the volume of posts and variation of topics under this singular entity. Nothing but good wishes for the author, team, and players of this mod. CKA.

~J~

The discord channel is a lot more active and easier to navigate:

https://discord.gg/z5pCcXG

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...