A dew collector is optional now

ElCabong

2 hours ago, FranticDan said:

100% loot?
60 minute days?

Critical information needed

playing with double of both of these means 4x as much

If you play the intended way, aka heavy looting and questing, you get more than enough water in SP with 100% and 60mins. Really only need a dew collector if you do explosive arrows/bolts and frag rockets. And due to the magazines most people do that. I wouldn´t be surprised if there is quite some people not using them as you need to go looting anyways for magazines. In MP Coop things are different though. At least for 4-5 people you need a ton of collectors. At least if you don´t want to turn coop into everyone looting for themselves and i don´t play coop to be for myself after all.

Edited by pApA^LeGBa (see edit history)

On my solo play I dont use them. Crafted two, but are stored in a chest in the middle of another town I started in. Got few purifiers for helmets, but sold them. For SP water is not a problem, as it should be. Only setting is that i choose warrior dif.

Yeah, water has never been an issue in single player in A21.  The changes really have no impact and there is no reason for a dew collector unless you are doing a lot of crafting.  If you want to craft a lot, then you will probably want a few unless you are really doing a ton of looting or increase loot abundance.  Otherwise, they aren't necessary.  Even on a two player game, they really aren't needed without doing a lot of crafting.  They are really just for larger groups or heavy crafters.

3 hours ago, Ramethzer0 said:

Not for anyone that knows what they are doing anyway.

That's true.  My first game (in A20), I struggled with water in the first few days or week.  But it doesn't take long to see how it works and the struggle goes away.

I should say, I don't see a downside to getting some dew collectors going however you like to play. Dukes are easy to come by (haven't had a game where I had a shortage of Dukes - heck, we were melting them down for brass) and I wouldn't consider it a waste to set a few of these up. You'll always find enough for yourself by looting, but if there's more of you it can be more of a strain to rely on looted water, and you also need to consider those sudden times you will need industrial-quantities of water for a lot of recipes all at once.

First time I played A21 with a buddy, we went a little overboard -- three groups of eight dew collectors in non-POI fields around the town. We used to have them in the base ... but then the Pimps added the heat factor and the screamer situation was out of control. Currently I got by with three, but pushed it to six and then nine because the filters were the best reward on offer.