Craft all doors?

Relo@d

Nowhere were all of these doors promised to be player craftable. A lot of what they talked about was using the doors and new machanics in POI design. 

Vedui's own words.. "Listening to Joel and Rick, it sounds like you will be able to craft a bunch of these for our own bases. At least, that's what we hope for."

He even goes on to say, "It would be a big pity if they only existed in POI's, and we were unable to craft them ourselves. We shall see."

Expectation vs reality moment.  You expected something that was never promised to be possible. You made a poor assumption and were disappointed by reading something that wasn't stated.

I was pretty sure I heard them say they'd be craftable in game but it's been a long time since watching the dev streams and I may be remembering incorrectly.  Either way, all doors should be available in game.  Most other objects should also be available in game.

I understand the issue with possible abuse with objects that might cause lag if you place many of them.  However, this should simply be an option.  Place these items into a category like dev blocks are and then have a setting to enable or disable that category for those who think there might be someone playing who will abuse them.  In most cases, no one is going to abuse them so having them disabled for everyone just doesn't make sense.  Besides, server admins should be the ones policing the players on their servers.  The game shouldn't be doing it for them.

I haven't tried yet, because I want to finish my two games first. But I think that Sam's mods have the craftable doors.

Is a shame that we don't have them craftable. I would love another workstation, maybe carpenter table or something, where you can craft nice things.

Yeah, I survive in the apocalypse, but I want to LIVE! And with SYTLE!!

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Survior said:

it's just another super lazy dev move that this isn't a vanilla thing 5 years ago

There are a lot of objects in the game that are not craftable.  Just because you can't craft something in the game, it isn't because the developers are being "super lazy".

6 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

There are a lot of objects in the game that are not craftable.  Just because you can't craft something in the game, it isn't because the developers are being "super lazy".

Agreed. There are many things that aren't important to the main game. I am sure a lot of cosmetic things will be added via mods. The devs are focused on core gameplay elements.

On 7/24/2023 at 5:36 AM, Survior said:

it's just another super lazy dev move that this isn't a vanilla thing 5 years ago

Calling the devs lazy due to missing elements that aren't critical to gameplay is pretty low. There are much more important things for them to spend their resources on.