The Spider zombie should spit a web that creates a ladder block on walls it shoots it's web at

Khalagar

I've mentioned this before, but imo this would be a really neat mechanic and would also shake up the base design meta. Spider Zombies should have a spit ability like cops etc, except it should just target walls near the player and spray out 3-5 webs that stick to walls and count as a climbable ladder.

After doing that a few times, it would almost certainly create new paths onto bases and buildings players were on, and make you pay more attention to spiders. They could make the webs easily burnable too, so you could just molotov them off if you saw them building up

Easy ways around that, given that it'd need to apply like a regular block a player would place.

Would rather see Spiders able to treat all blocks as ladders, allowing them to climb bases and buildings at will. 

that would be a very devious idea and make creating AFK bases impossible. I like it :)

I see no value in playing this game and cheesing the AI with half blocks or wedges they constantly fall off. Ya its in the rules, but most of the time there are blocks floating in space on those builds and it just hurts my brain. The game ceases to be fun at that point for me.

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Lyote said:

Easy ways around that, given that it'd need to apply like a regular block a player would place.

Would rather see Spiders able to treat all blocks as ladders, allowing them to climb bases and buildings at will. 

They used to be able to.  It was simply solved by putting a row of iron bars all the way around the edge of your base.  Given that zombies still have issues attacking up and down, it's doubtful they'd be able to beat through the bars before you took care of them.

Similarly with the web spitting idea.  A row or two on the edge of your base would block any climbers.  And if you had a base similar to mine, they'd just be putting ladders on a wall they'd have the break into my base to ever reach.

1 hour ago, Khalagar said:

I've mentioned this before, but imo this would be a really neat mechanic and would also shake up the base design meta. Spider Zombies should have a spit ability like cops etc, except it should just target walls near the player and spray out 3-5 webs that stick to walls and count as a climbable ladder.

After doing that a few times, it would almost certainly create new paths onto bases and buildings players were on, and make you pay more attention to spiders. They could make the webs easily burnable too, so you could just molotov them off if you saw them building up

I like it!

I'd just like to see some new zombies with some actual special abilities other than a boring puke attack. No the mutated doesn't count it never hits the player with that acid thing it does. Game really needs zombies above radiated and means to deal with them badly.

7 hours ago, Scyris said:

the mutated doesn't count it never hits the player with that acid thing it does.

Until you dont see it follow you into a confined space, or are up against your barrier in an attack position. In the wild they are no problem. They are pretty easy to deal with if you range attack them. Melee is a bit more dicey

7 hours ago, warmer said:

Until you dont see it follow you into a confined space, or are up against your barrier in an attack position.

That's when I give up any pretense of stealth at this point and just unload any and all guns I can into one.