Do we have solar panels now in A21?

warmer

I was just watching a youtube video on all the blocks and they mention that light passes through solar panels to what is below.

That implied we could have a hand in their placement.

In A20 we didn't have them for player use.

Is that still the case in A21?

There were usable solar panels in A20. They're very late game and IIRC you needed bonuses to get to the upper levels of the Secret Stash before a Trader would sell you the Solar Cells to put into the panels. Once you have a panel with cells, it produces electricity that you can use to power things directly, or you can put a battery bank between them.

I assume all of that still works in A21.

That is really weird because there are threads from last year asking why we dont have solar and wind power.

I guess they are so late game I have never used them I dont play past day 50 usually because it gets really boring by that point and I start a new map.

Just did a search looks like they were never craftable and that was part of the discussion. Seems silly you can't at the very least find them in the wild and wrench parts to make them after maxing out science skills. at 250000 dukes (price is always different based on skills) they are seriously dumb and unbalanced.

Edited by warmer (see edit history)

10 hours ago, warmer said:

That is really weird because there are threads from last year asking why we dont have solar and wind power.

I guess they are so late game I have never used them I dont play past day 50 usually because it gets really boring by that point and I start a new map.

Just did a search looks like they were never craftable and that was part of the discussion. Seems silly you can't at the very least find them in the wild and wrench parts to make them after maxing out science skills. at 250000 dukes (price is always different based on skills) they are seriously dumb and unbalanced.

By the time you would be getting solar, you have plenty of money to buy it.  The cost really doesn't matter as much as just finding the higher tier solar cells in the first place.  I've easily done 3 solar banks fully maxed with tier 6 solar cells and still had tons of money left over in A20.

Not sure if the pricing is the same in A21 but I'd assume it is.  The solar bank seems to be the same, though I didn't look that closely when I bought it.

2 minutes ago, Riamus said:

By the time you would be getting solar, you have plenty of money to buy it.  The cost really doesn't matter as much as just finding the higher tier solar cells in the first place.  I've easily done 3 solar banks fully maxed with tier 6 solar cells and still had tons of money left over in A20.

Not sure if the pricing is the same in A21 but I'd assume it is.  The solar bank seems to be the same, though I didn't look that closely when I bought it.

you could creative menu 1 in and sell it to the trader to see the price they sell it for, right?  or is that 1 of the non resellable things like vehicles???

Shortly (maybe an in-game week) after buying my first A21 solar bank, I saw my first A21 solar cell. Quality 6, too. It was crazy expensive, like 70,000 tokens.

So, yeah. 7DTD has solar. And as others have mentioned, we've had it for a while.

they are definitely still there in game... looks like RNG language to me. but dont go by me as i am blind in one ear and cant see out of the other. :)

<item name="solarCell">
	<property name="HoldType" value="45"/>
	<property name="Meshfile" value="@:Other/Items/Misc/sackPrefab.prefab"/>
	<property name="DropMeshfile" value="@:Other/Items/Misc/sack_droppedPrefab.prefab"/>
	<property name="Material" value="Mglass"/>
	<property name="Stacknumber" value="1"/>
	<property name="Weight" value="10"/>
	<property name="EconomicValue" value="4000"/>
	<property name="TraderStageTemplate" value="electricTier3"/>
	<property name="Group" value="Resources"/>
	<property name="SellableToTrader" value="false"/>
	<property name="ShowQuality" value="true"/>
	<property class="Attributes">
		<property name="DegradationMax" value="1000,6000"/>
	</property>
	<effect_group>
		<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="0"/>
		<passive_effect name="DegradationMax" operation="base_set" value="1000,6000" tier="1,6"/>
	</effect_group>
</item>

<item name="questRewardSolarBankBundle">
	<property name="Extends" value="questRewardBundleMaster"/>
	<property name="CreativeMode" value="Player"/>
	<property name="CustomIcon" value="bundleSolarBank"/>
	<property name="CustomIconTint" value="FFFFFF"/>
	<property name="ItemTypeIcon" value="bundle"/>
	<property name="DescriptionKey" value="questRewardElectricalPowerBundleDesc"/>
	<property class="Action0">
		<property name="Create_item" value="solarbank,solarCell,solarCell,solarCell,electricwirerelay,meleeToolWireTool,electricianSkillMagazine"/>
		<property name="Create_item_count" value="1,1-4,1-4,1-4,10,1,3"/>
	</property>
</item>

<lootgroup name="groupQuestSolarBank" count="all">
	<item name="questRewardSolarBankBundle"/>
</lootgroup>

I saw a quality 6 solar panel at a trader around day 30. I've only unlocked Tier 3 quests but I have Daring Adventurer 3 out of 4 which increases trader

item selection. I've also found and purchased a solar bank around the same time. The panel was around 60k dukes I believe.