Dawn of the Dead 1978

fragtzack

Dawn of the Dead is The second film in the birth of the zombie craze we enjoy today. The roots of 7 Days to Die comes from these "of the dead" films made by George A. Romero. Without George A. Romero (RIP) and the 3   movies he made about zombie apocalypse , seems doubtful there would be the zombie cult followings we enjoy today..this game is just one.

A giant shopping mall like in Dawn of the Dead (my fav of the 3 movies!) would be so  awesome in 7D2D.

Night of the living dead, the first zombie horror film didn't enjoy mainstream success until  Dawn of the Dead. 

3 cheers for a giant shopping mall POI and oh yeah put George Romero name somewhere in the mall! Give the man some tribute for birthing this craze.

To be fair, @fragtzack didn't say Romero invented zombies, only that his films increased their popularity. While the idea of zombies existed before, I think most people would attribute zombie fandom to the Romero films. TWD, and by extension 7DTD, owe their success to those films. I don't think any of this would exist without Romero.

9 hours ago, Syphon583 said:

To be fair, @fragtzack didn't say Romero invented zombies, only that his films increased their popularity. While the idea of zombies existed before, I think most people would attribute zombie fandom to the Romero films. TWD, and by extension 7DTD, owe their success to those films. I don't think any of this would exist without Romero.

sorry but i did not say anything about fragtzack. i was fun poking mahrin (sorry for not quoting him but was all for fun not criticizing) he in turn may not be far from the truth as i was only pointing out the earliest known zombie movie and not what is in history as to where it actually started from.

On 2/17/2023 at 1:38 PM, fragtzack said:

Dawn of the Dead is The second film in the birth of the zombie craze we enjoy today. The roots of 7 Days to Die comes from these "of the dead" films made by George A. Romero. Without George A. Romero (RIP) and the 3   movies he made about zombie apocalypse , seems doubtful there would be the zombie cult followings we enjoy today..this game is just one.

A giant shopping mall like in Dawn of the Dead (my fav of the 3 movies!) would be so  awesome in 7D2D.

Night of the living dead, the first zombie horror film didn't enjoy mainstream success until  Dawn of the Dead. 

3 cheers for a giant shopping mall POI and oh yeah put George Romero name somewhere in the mall! Give the man some tribute for birthing this craze.

I could split some hairs with you on G.A. Romero's fame and his later productions and how good they are or were, but - I have so good news for you:

You can download something called the compo pack and within there is a POI called Eden Center Mall, and it's a massive POI that can take quite a long time to explore and secure.  Enjoy!