Game development "models" and player satisfaction

Jost Amman

Game development "model" and player satisfaction  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How much control do you think the players should have on the direction of game development?

• Absolute control! The devs should make a poll for each major feature in the game and develop accordingly! Only the players really know what's good for the game!
    • A lot of control. Any important change to the game should first be discussed and agreed upon with the players!
    • Moderate control. If some new feature crates a lot of discussion, the devs should make a poll and let the players decide if it's to be added.
    • Slight control. If some new feature crates a lot of discussion, the devs should make a poll, but in the end it'll be the devs that will have the last word, no matter the results.
    • No control at all! The devs know what they're doing, no need for polls. We'll give feedback, but it's entirely up to them to decide!

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I don´t see the future that bright for coop. As they said multiple times, they want people to go out, it´s one of the few things you could count over the years that didn´t change at all. If i was TFP and it would be as easy, i would take that chance tbh, not much of a change needed to accomplish that. I hope they don´t though.

But a group needs to go out now as well. Otherwise they can't get a lot of items (that is true already for many alphas) and (in A21) magazines. They already implemented incentives for people to go out, mission accomplished. Nowhere did they say though that they want to force every single person of a group to go out.

And they could easily have done that before magazines if they wanted! Just by making books (and now magazines) readable only by the person who finds it. Would have been a simple change in A17-A20 as well. But they didn't do that in A17-A20 and nobody has said they do that in A21.

And/or by making mining and farming and building give no xp at all. Did they do that in A17, A18, A19, A20? It is a simple change. Why didn't they do that already when their goal was to drive every single player of a group to go looting ?

Or they could have made the magazine finding bonus of perks huge, and the chance to find any (unperked) magazines almost zero. That would give the same effect, even the miner would have to go out. But EVERYONE from TFP has been emphasizing that the bonus is small, almost imperceptible. Why? TFP seems to miss out on so many chances to really force everyone out.

tldr; We have different interpretations of the meaning of Madmoles words. If yours were true, they could have done that easily in the past 4 years. Which makes my interpretation much more likely.

2 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I am not concerned because we might suffer due to our team spirit. That´s not a problem at all. Who the hell plays Coop with people that wouldn´t get the miner/farmer/builder the magazines they need? Or any other stuff they can´t get themselves?

I have an answer for that: Khalgar 😁

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well ofc not the whole group stays at home. But it´s perfectly fine if one person doesn´t go out besides from mining at all. And we all hope it stays that way.

Yes, exactly. It stayed this way for 4 years and there is no indication at all that it will change now.

34 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Who is Khalgar? Did i miss something?

Sorry, Khalagar, he was complaining in the A21 dev diary just recently that he can't get his "co-op" players to do or bring back anything. He said something about having to plead with them for the smallest favours.

On 9/5/2022 at 7:41 AM, Melange said:

Don't think I'll be going the early access route again any time soon.

When they eventually release info and screens and gameplay of their next game I will be very surprised if you will be able to resist the call to participate early. Its easy to say now near the end of 7 Days development that it would have been better to just wait but if/when TFP Game #2 becomes available to early access it is going to be hard to ignore by anyone who has been a part of this journey. I would even say those who have soured on 7 Days because of development fatigue still have a good chance of feeling major FOMO when #nextgame reveal happens....lol

5 hours ago, Roland said:

When they eventually release info and screens and gameplay of their next game I will be very surprised if you will be able to resist the call to participate early. Its easy to say now near the end of 7 Days development that it would have been better to just wait but if/when TFP Game #2 becomes available to early access it is going to be hard to ignore by anyone who has been a part of this journey. I would even say those who have soured on 7 Days because of development fatigue still have a good chance of feeling major FOMO when #nextgame reveal happens....lol

Naturally they will not resist EA, because everyone expects another 10 years of development 😉

5 hours ago, Roland said:

say now near the end of 7 Days development 

Well - 1,5 - 2 years are neccesary to finish 7dts is a lot. So... i hope they will released info  about their new game in this year. 

4 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

@Roland: you just made me realized we miss an "excited" reaction... I know, I know... I'm always asking for MOARRR reactions! :heh:

It's like Newsstands and Skeletons for Matt.

Yes! well i still hope fore skeletons in 7dtd. i would even stop complaing about diffrent stuff because i would be so happy

29 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Naturally they will not resist EA, because everyone expects another 10 years of development 😉

Still faster that HL3