Houses disappear when you go to it

SchlonSi

many questions because you did not specify. people here cant help and or will ask more questions if you expect help.

1. p2p or dedi

2. navezgane or rwg (if rwg size of map)

3. full size (not a thumb nail) screen shot F11 of the poi that disappears (taken at the location of where the poi is suppose to be)

4. if mp... maybe someone destroyed it and you seen the mesh at a distance.

5. list all mods used (doesnt matter what they do)

6. output log (uploaded to pastebin and paste link here)

sounds like a little tweaking of the dynamic mesh is needed or turned off if you prefer. (i do not do pvp thus i do not require the need to see pois at a great distance so mine is off.

i am sure others will offer more suggestions or ask questions that i didnt.

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

1. p2p

2. navezgane 

3. full size (not a thumb nail) screen shot F11 of the poi that disappears (taken at the location of where the poi is suppose to be)

5. no mods used

So we just started a game with 3 people about the game, I think it's P2P. We play on the standard Map Navezgane, the problem is that most houses simply disappear and also in the task "search for a dealer at the top says that there is no dealer there" there is a gas station that we can enter, just the other abandoned houses that are otherwise on the map. The houses are visible from afar, but as soon as you approach them, they disappear, but the base plate where the house stood is still visible.

Kind of sounds like there are leftover files from a previous alpha. As Joe suggested above, we really need to see the output log, specifically from the person hosting the game or from the server if it’s dedicated. Instructions are in the pinned topic above. Or, you can try a shot in the dark by having the host verify file integrity from Steam and run it twice….takes about 2 minutes. Without logs, not much other advice can be given.

Okay, if someone tells me where I get the output logs from, I'll upload it later when I'm home

I also reinstalled the game only 3 days ago. Then there should be no more old files, should there? I only have two old storage files left, it can't be because of that, since they have nothing to do with the game files

Edited by SchlonSi (see edit history)

48 minutes ago, SchlonSi said:

Okay, if someone tells me where I get the output logs from, I'll upload it later when I'm home

I also reinstalled the game only 3 days ago. Then there should be no more old files, should there? I only have two old storage files left, it can't be because of that, since they have nothing to do with the game files

yes sometimes older version alphas can be corrupted and to the last statement... if the files have nothing to do with the game... then they do not need to be there. :)

3 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

yes sometimes older version alphas can be corrupted and to the last statement... if the files have nothing to do with the game... then they do not need to be there. :)

Yes, I mean old storage files, but they are in the documents folder, not where the game files are located.

Hit Windows +R button. Type “%appdata/7daystodie/logs” without the quotes. Copy the text from the most recent log, go to pastebin.com and paste the log there. Post the link generated here.

FYI @unholyjoe that pinned topic hasn’t been updated with the file location changes from A20.5 yet.

Long story short, this has been a problem for half a decade. The Fun Pimps just need get it together and fix their game. Hold low expectations though. We've been waiting over half a decade for this sort of crap to be fixed. You just have to live with it or try to ignore the immersion destruction. This problem has come up more times than I can count on Steam as well as this forum over the years. Some times trees disappear, POIs, zombies will vanish into thin air during combat, etc. Like I said, hold low expectations of a proper fix anytime soon. It's been years. 

45 minutes ago, youcantgetridofme said:

Long story short, this has been a problem for half a decade. The Fun Pimps just need get it together and fix their game. Hold low expectations though. We've been waiting over half a decade for this sort of crap to be fixed. You just have to live with it or try to ignore the immersion destruction. This problem has come up more times than I can count on Steam as well as this forum over the years. Some times trees disappear, POIs, zombies will vanish into thin air during combat, etc. Like I said, hold low expectations of a proper fix anytime soon. It's been years. 

Are you going to come into all the topics and gripe about TFP?  Four users in this topic have been trying to help the OP, and then there is your post.

Let them help the OP, there are other topics you can join in and complain about TFP

4 hours ago, BFT2020 said:

Are you going to come into all the topics and gripe about TFP?  Four users in this topic have been trying to help the OP, and then there is your post.

Let them help the OP, there are other topics you can join in and complain about TFP

I can't help fix their game. It's not my property. The problems are inside the game itself. There's really not much we can do about that. That's The Fun Pimps' responsibility to fix their game.

Don't like what you're reading? Move along and don't read it. Simple. Anyone can help all they want to. I'm not stopping anyone from doing that. I'm just saying we can't fix The Fun Pimps' game for them.