XP earning / progression

x.Sharky.x

I'd like to bring to the table how XP farming Zeds should not be "a thing".. 7D2D should feel like a survival game where confronting Zeds is rarely easy, it's risky, tough and to be avoided instead of diving head 1st to farm XP. If I wanted to fight Zeds rambo style I'd play Dying Light that has a great game engine for that style.

I very much appreciate the idea of constantly being an underdog in the realm of 7D2D. I can't appreciate the game if it gets too easy. I get that some Zeds are slow, some frail and those can be the easier of the bunch.

I like when things are actually scarce, things break, looting is necessary but equally risky so skill(s) and wit make a big difference.

Should "quests" be found as we loot as well on top of going to venders? Make sure they can be shared of course - and not just the Kill x chickens with nailer of course. Should looting give XP, albeit very little but for every bit of looting, building, upgrading you get XP for doing something. I just dislike the idea of being able to loot just enough to make bullets and go out killing anything that moves without a care or worry even.

Looking forward to the next big update to start a new game with my 'lil bro and spend hours (re)exploring a world and trying not to die :)

Not disagreeing with you, as one of my favorite things about this game is its ability to apply to a wide user base of varying skill levels and interests. I'm curious if you have any ideas as to how they can or should address this outside of what is already available. There's a variety of game settings to adjust the difficulty to your liking, and I don't think they should adjust the base difficulty. That would possibly alienate newer players or players who don't find higher difficulty as enjoyable. They could certainly add another difficulty for the extreme masochists (like @FranticDan 😆 ). Besides that, I'm not sure what they could do to address what you're looking for. But I love to hear ideas!

On 4/27/2022 at 5:55 AM, Syphon583 said:

Not disagreeing with you, as one of my favorite things about this game is its ability to apply to a wide user base of varying skill levels and interests. I'm curious if you have any ideas as to how they can or should address this outside of what is already available. There's a variety of game settings to adjust the difficulty to your liking, and I don't think they should adjust the base difficulty. That would possibly alienate newer players or players who don't find higher difficulty as enjoyable. They could certainly add another difficulty for the extreme masochists (like @FranticDan 😆 ). Besides that, I'm not sure what they could do to address what you're looking for. But I love to hear ideas!

I am always trying to push myself further, and now I find the maximum to be too easy for me. I'd like to see harvest % amount added to go with the loot abundance, as well as a 7th difficulty above insane (which I made a post about already). 
For the time being I can easily mod these changes for myself, but its not the same as if they were official

On 4/26/2022 at 5:40 PM, Roland said:

I heard that @Boidster might be coming up with a mod to de-emphasize xp gains....

FAKE NEWS! A better way to put it might be, if enough people offer money or primae noctis to @Boidster he might dive into such a project. :eyebrows: Roland did do me a solid by passing over what he had on the 0XP mod.

I got into the Loot Logger mod as a way to learn the DLL side of modding, which was great, but at the moment I'm pretty swamped with Real Work™ so 7D2D modding won't be on the menu for several weeks.

2 minutes ago, Kalen said:

I'm still waiting for an updated @Roland no xp mod.   Is that what you're trying to outsource here.

Yep. Anyone who wants to take over the 0xp mod and run with it and call it their own, I won't start any "Hey! That's MY mod" drama...

Archived