Map reveal how?

Spadaa

Good morning, is there a way to fully reveal a map after freshly started so i can see where each biomes and city's are i was thinking on a mod or console command
it's simply because i don't wanna play on a map for hours and days to realize that i don't like it which happened to me once.
regards. :)

Say you have freshly created the map with the name "NewWorldMap".

Go to C:\Users\[your PC name]\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds\NewWorldMap

Open this page: https://kui.github.io/7dtd-map/

Drag all files from your NewWorldMap folder and drop them on the website above. Your map will be shown there, completely with all POIs, traders, biomes etc.

Edited by PoloPoPo (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, theFlu said:

You can disable the fog of war in debug mode (console: dm), there's a button in the corner of the map. It will also highlight roads; ie cities.

If i disable the fog of war then what?

3 minutes ago, Spadaa said:

Brother i wanna see the whole map when I press M how do i do that??

39 minutes ago, theFlu said:

You can disable the fog of war in debug mode (console: dm), there's a button in the corner of the map.

59 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I don't know if it applies to the minimap; but it takes about 10 seconds for you to test during your next play session. Your time would be better spent actually giving it a try than trying to interrogate details here..

I am not home right at the moment can you test and verify that for me?

• 2 months later...

Actually... there is a way in game now.  Go into debug mode (F1 then type dm and press <enter>).  Bring up the map.  In the upper-right corner there is an icon with the hint of "Switch to Static Map view".  Click that icon and then you will see < No Overlay > appear to the left of the icon.  Click the right arrow twice to see < Biomes >.  Now scroll around your map to see what you want to see.

On 6/27/2022 at 7:16 PM, JohnnyKix said:

this does not answer his question. 

no, there is no way to reveal the map. it sucks.

Obviously, you didn't watch the video clip provided, or try the instructions provided.

If you had, you would have seen (in the video at least), that you can see the entire map and biomes once you follow the instructions.

At this point, the only thing theFlu can do is to sit at your computer and do it for you.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

At this point, the only thing theFlu can do is to sit at your computer and do it for you.

Objection! Not the whole truth, I can also sit at My computer, quietly contemplating the point of it all... :)

jesus what an annoying guy.

On 6/28/2022 at 3:08 AM, Maharin said:

Actually... there is a way in game now.  Go into debug mode (F1 then type dm and press <enter>).  Bring up the map.  In the upper-right corner there is an icon with the hint of "Switch to Static Map view".  Click that icon and then you will see < No Overlay > appear to the left of the icon.  Click the right arrow twice to see < Biomes >.  Now scroll around your map to see what you want to see.

this is not what OP means, lmao. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyKix said:

jesus what an annoying guy.

this is not what OP means, lmao. 

Umm... yes, it is.  They asked for a way to reveal the map on a freshly started game to see biomes and city locations.  What I showed does EXACTLY that.