7 Days To Die optimization

RudyPolak

On 2/22/2022 at 6:12 AM, RudyPolak said:

Minimal specs of 7D2D are:

Processor: 2.4 Ghz Dual Core CPU.

Memory: 8 GB RAM.

Graphics: 2 GB Dedicated Memory.

So your laptop does not meet minimum specs.

Ryzen 5 3500u is 2.1 GHz (boosting to a max of 3.7GHz) and you dont have 2Gb dedicated graphics memory (as the Vega 8 shares the systems 8Gb RAM).

On 3/6/2022 at 1:55 PM, Pernicious said:

Oh well, it is what it is, and fans of the game just have to be patient with those who don't understand.

I refuse to turn down my impatience for just one small area of the player base that doesn't understand that they are playing a WIP game!!! ;)

@Roland As i said before in this topic i don´t demand optimization right now, i am very well aware of what early access is and what it means to play it. As i also said before here, i rather wait than playing this mess right now. But the direction this is going is not looking good. I do run one of the most sold CPU`s a R5 3600. Wich isn´t the strongest out there, but you do wanna target your product to a broad mass and not to PC enthusiasts only.

I highly doubt that optimization will do huge wonders here. I can usually run high to ultra settings but downtown even all medium and dynamic mesh off doesn´t help. I am glad if i am wrong, but i see a final version of this game that is highly demanding on the hardware and still has an absurdly low amount of zombies. Wich would really suck.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:21 AM, FinkPloyd said:

So your laptop does not meet minimum specs.

Ryzen 5 3500u is 2.1 GHz (boosting to a max of 3.7GHz) and you dont have 2Gb dedicated graphics memory (as the Vega 8 shares the systems 8Gb RAM).

Ryzen 5 2500u had 1gb Dedicated VRAM, though 3rd gen Ryzen 5 does have 2gb already

43 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Roland As i said before in this topic i don´t demand optimization right now, i am very well aware of what early access is and what it means to play it. As i also said before here, i rather wait than playing this mess right now. But the direction this is going is not looking good. I do run one of the most sold CPU`s a R5 3600. Wich isn´t the strongest out there, but you do wanna target your product to a broad mass and not to PC enthusiasts only.

I highly doubt that optimization will do huge wonders here. I can usually run high to ultra settings but downtown even all medium and dynamic mesh off doesn´t help. I am glad if i am wrong, but i see a final version of this game that is highly demanding on the hardware and still has an absurdly low amount of zombies. Wich would really suck.

Welp for now im Gotta wait till a huge update, on which FPS Will be more stable. I even tried to get Down with settings in config and i have 60fps,but it looks more like minecraft than 7DTD sadly, or i Will just get dual Channel for my laptop. Anyway thx for help everyone

On 3/11/2022 at 3:30 PM, Roland said:

I refuse to turn down my impatience for just one small area of the player base that doesn't understand that they are playing a WIP game!!! ;)

trust me roland when i say i think we do understand we just dont like being dismissed like common scrubs that have zero clue what we are talking i have seen plenty of games even voxel based not do as well still doesnt mean the player base doesnt know what they are talking about and if you dont believe me just go ask the mod community :)

It took all the rebuttal for me to realise @Roland was mimicking/mocking @pApA^LeGBa's post. I read it, and thought it was a bit of a strange way to turn a phrase!

@Jason Tamosiunis I think if we drew a Venn diagram between modders and optimisation complainers, I don't think we would have much of an overlap. I mean, that said, I'm no expert either. I do security and networking... But I've always been a keen PC builder and overclocker, so optimising my PC and looking at bottlenecks has always been a bit of an interest to me.

Change of topic, but related to "Optimisation", I started playing Doom 2016 recently (Old game, but a friend recently started playing, so I joined him - and then we found PC multiplayer is pretty dead). Anyway, Doom has some really cool performance metrics, that tells you what is bottlenecking your performance - CPU or GPU:

image.png.18c35a2db593c4e7b34779a50771d81b.png

You can see here, that the CPU is totally bottlenecking my performance - it is the one introducing the vast amount of latency (16.81ms vs the GPU's 2.76ms).

I'm assuming something like this would be quite a substantial piece of code to write, and difficult to backfit into someone else's engine, but damn, that would be a nice diagnostics tool to have.

@Pernicious Install MSI Afterburner. It does have an on screen display that you can turn on to show you things like CPU/GPU/Memory Usage. And you can use it no matter what brand of GPU you are using.

In 7 days to die it´s definitly the CPU that is bottlenecking. And it´s the single core performance that is the problem. High core counts sadly don´t do anything in gaming. All of the game engines out there need to step up here and make those cores count.

1 hour ago, Pernicious said:

It took all the rebuttal for me to realise @Roland was mimicking/mocking @pApA^LeGBa's post. I read it, and thought it was a bit of a strange way to turn a phrase!

@Jason Tamosiunis I think if we drew a Venn diagram between modders and optimisation complainers, I don't think we would have much of an overlap. I mean, that said, I'm no expert either. I do security and networking... But I've always been a keen PC builder and overclocker, so optimising my PC and looking at bottlenecks has always been a bit of an interest to me.

Change of topic, but related to "Optimisation", I started playing Doom 2016 recently (Old game, but a friend recently started playing, so I joined him - and then we found PC multiplayer is pretty dead). Anyway, Doom has some really cool performance metrics, that tells you what is bottlenecking your performance - CPU or GPU:

image.png.18c35a2db593c4e7b34779a50771d81b.png

You can see here, that the CPU is totally bottlenecking my performance - it is the one introducing the vast amount of latency (16.81ms vs the GPU's 2.76ms).

I'm assuming something like this would be quite a substantial piece of code to write, and difficult to backfit into someone else's engine, but damn, that would be a nice diagnostics tool to have.

i agree just saying i wish TFP and the moderators would stop dismissing us like we have no clue at all what we are saying we do know more than they realize and it is rather insulting to be told otherwise

1 hour ago, Jason Tamosiunis said:

i agree just saying i wish TFP and the moderators would stop dismissing us like we have no clue at all what we are saying we do know more than they realize and it is rather insulting to be told otherwise

Then please show your knowledge and instead of just demanding nebulous optimizations say what TFP should do specifically. I mentioned their dilemma here (all AFAIK, if I'm wrong please correct me): https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/27890-7-days-to-die-optimization/?do=findComment&comment=475947

papa^Legba is quite right when he says game engines need to step up and make their engines more multicore, the age of single-core was known to be over for a long time. Since Fataal said he has aready milked all optimizations that would produce large gains his means are limited. I'm sure with polishing he will get some of the stuttering away but large gains in FPS? Not likely if they want to release inside say 2 years.

On 3/11/2022 at 9:00 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

So i turned off dynamic mesh. Actually no difference. Drops and stuttering lag. Medium to high settings. And no i refuse to turn down my settings further just for one area.

Too bad. I thought I had the penicillin of A20 since turning it off made a world of difference on my machine (ryzen 5 2600x). But I also turn off some other stuff you may refuse to touch and I don't mind the game looking less than optimum.

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Pernicious Install MSI Afterburner. It does have an on screen display that you can turn on to show you things like CPU/GPU/Memory Usage. And you can use it no matter what brand of GPU you are using.

In 7 days to die it´s definitly the CPU that is bottlenecking. And it´s the single core performance that is the problem. High core counts sadly don´t do anything in gaming. All of the game engines out there need to step up here and make those cores count.

LOL. Yeah, no.

I've been editing curves and memory timing with Afterburner since Pascal. I won't say I know the program inside out, but if you can show me how to get separated CPU and GPU rendering latency in Afterburner, I'll offer a grovelling apology.

1 hour ago, meganoth said:

Then please show your knowledge and instead of just demanding nebulous optimizations say what TFP should do specifically. I mentioned their dilemma here (all AFAIK, if I'm wrong please correct me): https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/27890-7-days-to-die-optimization/?do=findComment&comment=475947

papa^Legba is quite right when he says game engines need to step up and make their engines more multicore, the age of single-core was known to be over for a long time. Since Fataal said he has aready milked all optimizations that would produce large gains his means are limited. I'm sure with polishing he will get some of the stuttering away but large gains in FPS? Not likely if they want to release inside say 2 years.

Too bad. I thought I had the penicillin of A20 since turning it off made a world of difference on my machine (ryzen 5 2600x). But I also turn off some other stuff you may refuse to touch and I don't mind the game looking less than optimum.

I normally wouldn´t bother to turn things down further tbh. But not for downtown only. That´s what makes this such a "infuriating" problem. Everywhere else on the map i can turn it to high-ultra. Also wouldn´t mind 30 FPS in downtown but the stutter kills it totally. Besides Teamspeak or Discord i usually have nothing running in the backgroun, both don´t really have an impact on the CPU. Can´t do any optimizations there either.

I would much rather have waited for the new cities half a year longer than having those stutters.

@Pernicious I know how to display the usage of CPU/GPU/MEM in afterburner. Frametime, 1% low and 0,1% low, average and such are also possible if that´s what you mean.

9 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:  @Pernicious I know how to display the usage of CPU/GPU/MEM in afterburner. Frametime, 1% low and 0,1% low, average and such are also possible if that´s what you mean.    Nah, I can get the first lot with control-shift-escape without installing any software. Built in windows features. Second lot are part of GeForce experience - Alt-R brings that up I think.   I was asking for what Doom gives me. If my frame render latency is 50ms (20fps) I want to know how much of that time the GPU was waiting on the CPU, and how much time the GPU was actually doing the work.   Look, I'm yanking your chain. I'm asking for the equivalent of a diagnostics port into an engine, showing exact air fuel ratio, ignition timing, etc. You've piped up with "You can install a speedo!" Ignoring the fact that the car already has one. I'm playing off Jason's "Don't treat the player base like they don't know what they're talking about". Unfortunately a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Yes, I know that knowing how to display basic performance metrics puts you ahead of the vast majority of players, but that doesn't mean you know how to tell programmers how to do their job. I can't, and I strongly suspect I understand more about computer architecture and programming than you.    

Edit - dammit, removing a stray "a" messed up the formatting and quoting. Can't see it render properly on my phone. Sorry about the bad formatting. 

On 3/12/2022 at 4:05 AM, pApA^LeGBa said:

As i said before in this topic i don´t demand optimization right now, i am very well aware of what early access is and what it means to play it.

I know. I simply used your statement about not wanting to adjust your settings for city centers as a model for a similar feeling I have for people who post as though they think the game is done. I don't think you are one of those people although I think you are suffering more development fatigue than I am. And that is okay. Everyone is going to reach a point in this process where they've reached their limit and just want it to come to an end. I'm getting closer to that feeling myself but a big part of that is knowing what the next project will be once they are finished with this one.

On 3/12/2022 at 11:10 PM, Jason Tamosiunis said:

trust me roland when i say i think we do understand we just dont like being dismissed like common scrubs that have zero clue what we are talking

Some understand better than others and some are simply skeptical of the whole early access model and think TFP is milking things and intentionally going slower than they could just to be able to hide behind the label of Early Access so they don't have to fix bugs or optimize. I can't tell specifically who doesn't understand that they are playing a game in development. All I can do is read comments that sound very much like they wouldn't have been made if the person understood that what we have right now is not the final intended product. A lot of posts seem to be from people treating this game as if it really is done and the updates are just DLCs. My statement was just a joke about general statements that seem like they were made by people who don't get it. I'm not pointing fingers at any specific individuals.

On 3/13/2022 at 1:09 AM, Pernicious said:

It took all the rebuttal for me to realise @Roland was mimicking/mocking @pApA^LeGBa's post.

Just mimicking to make a joke about how bad performance in the city only is not worth Papa's time to reconfigure his settings and similarly a few people who don't get playing a game while it is in development isn't worth my time to adjust my levels of understanding and compassion. ;)

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

@Roland Great. I wasn´t impatient till you teased me with knowing what the next project is. Well done. :D

Does that mean we will not know what it is before 7 days goes gold?

Most likely. As exciting as it is, many people get upset with devs who start talking about their next project before their current ten-year endeavor is done. ;)

9 hours ago, Roland said:

I know. I simply used your statement about not wanting to adjust your settings for city centers as a model for a similar feeling I have for people who post as though they think the game is done. I don't think you are one of those people although I think you are suffering more development fatigue than I am. And that is okay. Everyone is going to reach a point in this process where they've reached their limit and just want it to come to an end. I'm getting closer to that feeling myself but a big part of that is knowing what the next project will be once they are finished with this one.

Some understand better than others and some are simply skeptical of the whole early access model and think TFP is milking things and intentionally going slower than they could just to be able to hide behind the label of Early Access so they don't have to fix bugs or optimize. I can't tell specifically who doesn't understand that they are playing a game in development. All I can do is read comments that sound very much like they wouldn't have been made if the person understood that what we have right now is not the final intended product. A lot of posts seem to be from people treating this game as if it really is done and the updates are just DLCs. My statement was just a joke about general statements that seem like they were made by people who don't get it. I'm not pointing fingers at any specific individuals.

Just mimicking to make a joke about how bad performance in the city only is not worth Papa's time to reconfigure his settings and similarly a few people who don't get playing a game while it is in development isn't worth my time to adjust my levels of understanding and compassion. ;)

i completely understand EA i prefer it sit in EA and get polished than be released buggy AF  and im sorry if it sounded like my comment was rude i had no intention of that and i do agree i have seen plenty of posts of people complaining about stuff that didnt make much sense at all. The issue i noticed from my POV was a dimissive attitude towards people, im sure you have seen plenty of games made where the devs included the people somewhat in the games development :)

On 3/6/2022 at 11:20 AM, meganoth said:

The stutter when opening chests and inventory? Yes, a consequence of the unity engine having a garbage collection routine that costs too much with all the things happening in the game. Now it is relegated to occur only where it doesn't matter much but where it is much more conspicuous.

I started experiencing more than just that around alpha 17ish or so.  Like when the zombies stutter and you miss, and/or they hit you while not (appearing to be) near you.  Little teleports, etc. etc.  I expect these kinds of things to go away rather than appear during development.  Unforseen things can happen with coding to be sure, but it's been there too long now without being addressed.

3 hours ago, RyanX said:

I started experiencing more than just that around alpha 17ish or so.  Like when the zombies stutter and you miss, and/or they hit you while not (appearing to be) near you.  Little teleports, etc. etc.  I expect these kinds of things to go away rather than appear during development.  Unforseen things can happen with coding to be sure, but it's been there too long now without being addressed.

That happens (AFAIK) when client and server get out of sync. And apart from network problems that happens mostly when one of the machines is so much under strain that it loses its timing. 

And this naturally gets worse with time when a game grows and the hardware it plays on stays the same.

In other words, it doesn't mean that there are more and more bugs or optimization gets worse, it means the game gets bigger.

On 3/12/2022 at 1:48 PM, RudyPolak said:

Ryzen 5 2500u had 1gb Dedicated VRAM, though 3rd gen Ryzen 5 does have 2gb already

Welp for now im Gotta wait till a huge update, on which FPS Will be more stable. I even tried to get Down with settings in config and i have 60fps,but it looks more like minecraft than 7DTD sadly, or i Will just get dual Channel for my laptop. Anyway thx for help everyone

First of all, let me tell you that I am a professional in the hardware sector. I have many years designing, building and repairing computers, for all kinds of uses.

Well, I was looking at your forum thread, and after seeing your last reply, I've decided to sign up and help you out. Because I see that you are not clear about some basic concepts of computer hardware. And many comments from other people, I think have made you more confused. And before you spend money on buying RAM memory in an absurd way, I prefer that you understand what is happening to you and why.

I'll try to explain it to you, with my low level of English...

The first thing you have to understand is that a laptop, even if it has "top" hardware (which is not your case), will never be the best option to play. Never a 3600 laptop, it will give you the same performance as a 3600 desktop. A laptop gpu will never give you the same performance as a desktop gpu. Although for example, in both it says that they are a 6800XT, the mobile gpu (laptop), will never have the same performance but in a desktop version. That said, you have to understand that you don't have a laptop with top hardware. And that this game is a game that, although it is a kind of "indie", is a game that requires a lot of resources and good hardware.

The second thing you have to understand is that you don't have a cpu + a gpu. You have what is technically known as an APU. Which amounts to what I'm telling you, a cpu that has a gpu incorporated. Therefore, as the other colleague told you in that message, your laptop does not meet the minimum requirements. Since the minimum requirements are 2GB of VRAM on a DEDICATED gpu. There's the keyword: DEDICATED gpu. And it's not that you don't have 2GB, that you don't. YOU DON'T HAVE A DEDICATED GPU. What you have (as the other colleague indicated) is a cpu with integrated gpu (APU) that can manage up to 2GB of the laptop's RAM memory, as VRAM memory for the gpu. But in no case do you have 2GB of VRAM, because you don't even have a dedicated gpu. Therefore, you do not meet the minimum requirement of having a DEDICATED gpu with 2GB of VRAM.

Therefore, what you say about the 3rd generation of Ryzen having 2GB VRAM is directly not true. What they do have is an integrated gpu that is capable of handling 2gb of RAM as if it were VRAM. But by itself, the gpu does not have any VRAM. In fact, the 3rd generation APUs, in reality, technically, would not even be 3rd generation at a technical and manufacturing level. Unlike desktop Ryzen CPUs, Ryzen APUs do not have the same features. For example, the ryzen 3000 desktop cpu is manufactured in 7nm, with the zen2 architecture. Instead, the ryzen 3000 APUs are manufactured under a 12nm node and with a zen+ architecture. In other words, to make it easy: The 3rd generation APUs are actually made with the technology of the 2nd generation of the desktop Ryzen.

Once this issue is clarified, let me tell you that even if it is an APU and that it is not a TOP hardware to play, it must be said that it is not a bad hardware eh. Especially if we compare it with what Intel offered at that time at the level of laptop and mobility. For a basic notebook, for basic tasks, it's fine and a better choice than Intel's offerings. But that in no case is it designed to play games that are very demanding of resources or triple A games. This does not mean that you cannot play them. In fact, even if you don't meet the minimum requirements, you can still play 7DTD. But it is not designed for that. Hence you have that bad FPS performances in the game. On the other hand, it is a laptop with which you can play well and with many FPS to simpler games at the level of requirements, such as counter strike, valorant, lol, etc.

Once I have clarified what type of hardware you have and what it is designed for, I am going to tell you what is the main thing that is taken into account when designing a PC to play. Or that it is the same, which is what has the most impact on the performance of a game. If you are going to play in 1080p resolution, the most important thing is to have a good cpu, with a decent DEDICATED gpu. Those are the two most important elements when setting up a gaming pc. If, on the other hand, you plan to play at higher resolutions, then the cpu loses a bit of importance and a good gpu is needed much more. So you could even downgrade from an i9 to an i7 or an i5, and with a good gpu, the difference would be minimal at 2k and 4k resolutions. Even sometimes, with the same gpu, an i7 can get you more fps than an i9, in some games.

Third, as a component that determines performance and fps, we would put RAM. Although, it should be noted that once you have a decent amount of RAM with a decent speed, there comes a time that no matter how much you improve or expand the RAM, the impact on the performance and FPS of the game is minimal or none. That is, it is important only up to a certain point. But it is not a fundamental component when determining the FPS of a game. So, it is true that you go a fair bit of RAM, both in quantity and speed. But in your case, RAM is not your problem. Or it would be the last thing you would have to improve.

And lastly, the component that has the least impact on the FPS of a game, is the SSD. In fact, it is not that it has little impact, it is that directly as far as FPS is concerned, there is no difference between an HDD or an SSD. The only performance improvement an SSD provides in a game is game load times. In that if it shows spectacularly. Loading menus, maps, etc. But at the FPS level, there is no difference between using a HDD or an SSD. Since the design of the games makes the loading of data from the disk to be done sequentially. Everything else in the game, the pc loads it in RAM, the different levels of cache of the cpu and the VRAM memory of the gpu. I only mention this point to you, because I have read comments from people telling you that this was the problem. But if it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even mention it to you. Since as I say, the impact on the FPS is zero. Be careful, I'm talking about the impact on the FPS eh, on the general performance if it affects a lot. As I told you, in loading the game, menus, maps, scenarios, etc... of everything that needs to access a disk and load data from there. But as I say, when it comes to purely gaining FPS, it doesn't affect ANYTHING. Because as I told you, everything that refers to the immediate game is loaded in the cache of the cpu, the ram and the Vram.

Well, once we have clarified what your hardware is and what are the most important components when it comes to improving fps performance in games, we can look at your case and clearly see that the two things you have mentioned are not going to help you. nothing. Firstly because that big optimization update has been announced since I started playing this game in 2014. And surely they have optimized it, but at the same time, with each new alpha, they add more content, improve textures, bigger maps , etc. So, in these years, the requirements of the game have always been going up. So they optimize? Surely yes. But at the same time, since they add and update so many things in the game, it always comes out on the balance that you need a little bit better hardware every time. From what I tell you: You do not expect that with time and game updates (textures, maps, Unity3D engine, etc), with your laptop you can play with better performance and more fps. These developers, in updates and improvements, always "play" at the limit of the technology of the moment. If you add to this that it is a type of game that, due to its open world characteristics and the enormous freedom it gives you, gives you the result that this game will always be a game that will need good hardware (a hardware that now you you don't have with that laptop). Especially CPU and GPU, if you want to play at good resolutions, with good quality and with good FPS. Play, you can play with not so good hardware, but what is happening to you now happens. That in the end you have to play with bad graphics and low FPS.

So... We have already said that waiting for that future update will not give you any improvements. Let's go to the second option you raise: Expand the RAM. As I have told you before, RAM is the 3rd component in terms of performance impact in games (also in many other things). Are you going to gain something by putting another RAM module and doing a dual channel? Yes, you will gain something. But you will surely notice it more in the general system operation, than in the FPS performance in the game. That you can also gain some FPS in the game, but it will be a very low gain. Why? Because as I have told you before, the main components in terms of performance and FPS is the cpu and the gpu, depending on the resolution at which you are going to play. Also, to put the RAM in dual channel, you have to take into account several things to make it work:

- They must be modules of the same capacity.

- They have to be modules with the same speed and latencies (CL)

- And although, it is possible that if you are lucky, the RAM of another brand will work for you (fulfilling the requirements of the previous points), so as not to play it, the ideal is that they are also modules of the same brand and with the same memory chips .

Therefore, what you mention about expanding your RAM with a 4gb ram module is not going to help you at all (Remember your module is 8gb). Neither to work in dual channel and nor to improve FPS performance in games. And even more absurd, it would be spending your money to buy 2400Mhz RAM modules, so that you can't even make them work on dual channel.

What should be your main objective to improve your FPS in this game or in any other? A dedicated gpu. What is the problem? That your computer is a laptop and will not accept such a beastly modification, such as adding a dedicated gpu inside. Although there are some models that allow it, I don't think it's your case, since it's a low-end laptop. But in any case, you can contact the manufacturer of your laptop, and ask if it would be possible to make this update on your model. But as I told you, I come from a basic model, I don't think it's possible. You have the option of an external dedicated gpu via usb-c. But that is quite expensive and quite difficult to find in stock.

The second component that you would have to change (if it was a desktop pc and you could do it), would be the cpu. A 6/12 cpu with a higher clock than your cpu would be ideal for 7DTD and in general for playing any game that requires a bit.

And the last thing (not counting the SSD, because I've already explained to you that it doesn't make sense if it's to gain FPS and because you already have one) would be the RAM. But as I told you before, this would only affect it minimally (assuming you have a decent amount, albeit a bit slow). The ideal to play today is 16GB, but with 8GB like you have, you can play many games well, if the other components are good (cpu and gpu). In your case, even if you put 16GB of RAM in dual channel, the change is not going to be significant, because your bottleneck is in the gpu first (because it is an APU and not a dedicated gpu), and then in the cpu. As I was saying, you may notice more of a change in how Windows works than in the game. That is, if you have an FPS counter, something will increase, even if it is very little. But otherwise, without a counter, it is possible that at the level of sensations while you play, you do not notice the change.

In summary, what you would have to change to improve performance would be the gpu first, then the cpu, and finally the ram. But the problem is that your computer is a laptop. So basically, the summary would be that the only thing you can do is change your laptop or buy a desktop. Be the first option or the second, if you are going to use it to play, always check that it is NOT an APU (AMD) or an iGPU (Intel). Be it a laptop or a desktop, with a cpu on the one hand and a dedicated gpu on the other. Otherwise, you will always have the same problem to play, except in games like the ones I mentioned before, which are optimized to play online and are competitive: Counter Strike, Valorant, Lol, etc. For everything else, always a dedicated gpu!

I think that's all. I hope you have understood everything well, in order to better understand what your problem is and what solutions there are (or not). And most importantly, so that you don't spend money in an absurd way, for example to expand the RAM, in a laptop that is not intended or designed to play. To play well, and even more so in a game as poorly optimized and as demanding of resources as this one, you would directly need to change your computer. My advice is don't spend money on this laptop. And if you want to play, buy one with the characteristics that I have mentioned. And if possible, a desktop better than a laptop. Because as I say, what limits you the most, you cannot change. And what you can change (the RAM), you will not notice practically anything in gaming. Even if you put 32GB at 4,000Mhz, the change would be minimal. Because you have a problem there or a "bottleneck", in the gpu and the cpu. If you had a good cpu and a good gpu, and you wanted to gain some extra FPS there, yes, I would tell you: Change all the ram, put it faster and in dual channel. Put 16 or 32gb. But that is not your case... Your main problem is the lack of a DEDICATED gpu, and that cpu. So, no matter how much ram and how fast you put it, the change would be minimal.

Anyway, I hope I have helped. If you need help or advice on anything else, write me and we'll talk.

Regards.

PS: I'm just here to help and clarify doubts. I'm not here to start debating or arguing with people, if AMD is better, or if Intel is better. Nor for debates that if what I have said is not true, that it is better that he improves, I don't know what. Because now, everyone is an "engineer". Anyone reads an article on the internet or watches 4 videos on this subject, and they are already hardware engineers. And in the forums, it's full of these people, who know more than everyone else. I am not here for those debates or discussions. And I'm not going to get into those discussions. Thanks.

AND SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH.

Disable Dynamic Mesh and lower the related settings under it.

Also locate the boot.config file in your installation and change it to match the below. It will however trigger EAC if playing on public servers so only do so if you play single or with friends and have EAC disabled.

gfx-enable-gfx-jobs=1
gfx-enable-native-gfx-jobs=1
wait-for-native-de bug ger=0        <----get rid of the two spaces, triggered profanity filter lol
scripting-runtime-version=latest
vr-enabled=0
hdr-display-enabled=0
gc-max-time-slice=3

With RTX2080 and i7-9700k at 1440p, went from 30FPS in cities to stable 72 (half vsync for my monitor) aside from some small drops as new POIs are loaded in. Haven't checked how zombie hordes affect it now but at least roaming is waaay better. Most settings on high except for like reflected shadows.

20 hours ago, meganoth said:

That happens (AFAIK) when client and server get out of sync. And apart from network problems that happens mostly when one of the machines is so much under strain that it loses its timing. 

And this naturally gets worse with time when a game grows and the hardware it plays on stays the same.

In other words, it doesn't mean that there are more and more bugs or optimization gets worse, it means the game gets bigger.

I mean it's really just a matter of semantics here.  If we say "the game has outpaced optimization" it's still the same thing for all intents and purposes.  My hardware has improved tremendously during that time and it's still the same.  I have a great rig.

Archived