Parkour breaking zombie pathing?

Sjustus548

Does anyone else use Parkour and find that it break zombie pathing?  For example I'll be fighting a big horde of zombies and with 4/4 in Parkour you can easily jump over their heads.  When I do this I've been noticing that the zombies stop trying to path towards me and immediately go into destruction mode.  I was fighting some zombies in the streets and as soon as I jumped over them they all turned and started beating on a nearby car until they destroyed it.  After that I did it again and they left me to go knock down a tree.  I'm wondering if the time I'm in the air is long enough for them to register that they can't reach me so they need to destroy stuff.  It's strange but has anyone else using Parkour noticed anything like this?  

10 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

the time I'm in the air

Quickly tested and I think that's what it is - they revert to the same behaviour as when you fly in creative mode. Not that I've particularly noticed in my proper games - I tend to jump away from them ;)

If the destruction mode trigger is separate from the damage trigger, then it needs a timer before activating.

Edited by BarryTGash (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

Does anyone else use Parkour and find that it break zombie pathing?  For example I'll be fighting a big horde of zombies and with 4/4 in Parkour you can easily jump over their heads. When I do this I've been noticing that the zombies stop trying to path towards me and immediately go into destruction mode.

@Vedui mentioned something like this.

Edited by RipClaw (see edit history)

I haven't used full parkour, but I wouldn't be surprised. The zeds seem to start bashing stuff really quickly whenever I dodge and weave in a city environment; you know, diagonal jumps onto fences and such. Happens often enough to consider exploiting it to gain some distance.

1 hour ago, BarryTGash said:

If the destruction mode trigger is separate from the damage trigger, then it needs a timer before activating.

Even with the damage trigger, there are cases where you don't want the zombie to go into destruction mode. For example, when the zombies fall down from the ceiling inside a POI.

15 hours ago, Sjustus548 said:

I was fighting some zombies in the streets and as soon as I jumped over them they all turned and started beating on a nearby car until they destroyed it.  After that I did it again and they left me to go knock down a tree.

Sjustus548, have a seat here on the couch for a minute. We're all friends and we care about you. We've been reading a couple of your recent posts and we think it's time for you to face up to your zombie abandonment issues. The zombies don't like everybody, and that's okay! You are still special just like Rob Gronkowski. Don't worry that the zombies don't pay any attention to you, we'll always be here for y....oops sorry gotta go pizza's here.