Navezgane or Random Gen?

francisco23

What do you guys suggest for someone that plays every 3 Alphas or so and stops playng for a couple months? I still remember the stuff of course, but idk if i should pick navezgane or random gen...

Also are now random gens not random? i have only 3 options on random gen.

I decided a long time ago that I would play Navezgane again only once the game has been released. Because I want to play whatever story the game has on a map as fresh and unknown as possible. And Navez itself will not change fundamentaly, so I hope to forget as much as possible until that day.

You should have only 1 option on random gen, plus size selection and world and seed names to fill in

But there are also 3 pregenerated random gen worlds in 3 sizes. Since the pregenerated worlds were made by TFP just as you would make one you can use them instead of generating one, there should not be any difference except that the pregenerated worlds were selected to be well-behaved average.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

Navegane is probably a bit different to what you recall - how much by, I'm not sure; I didn't play it in A19. 

Navegane is, though, the default Fun Pimps curated experience, so to experience things as the devs intended, play that for a bit. Switch over if/when you feel like it.

A lot of my friends that I play MP with wanted to do Navezgane when a20 dropped.  One fly through on Navezgane convinced me that wasn't a great idea

because the best thing that was advertised about RWG was all the cool new city stuff.  Navezgane did not see a lot of upgrades at all, and the map is not

8k.  There's nothing wrong with playing Nav, but when you know every single crag of it by heart, and you know what path you wanna take to get what you

need - I don't see it as being particularly exciting anymore.  Even though all the big cities have all the same stuff, the randomization of city blocks make

it nuanced enough to be considered a scenery change.

18 hours ago, meganoth said:

I decided a long time ago that I would play Navezgane again only once the game has been released. Because I want to play whatever story the game has on a map as fresh and unknown as possible. And Navez itself will not change fundamentaly, so I hope to forget as much as possible until that day.

I very much agree.

AND, Navezgane doesn't have the med-large cites that RWG now has.  Especially with the new districts, etc.  And it probably doesn't have some of the really cool POI's that have subterranean levels.  If you do decide to try RWG quite a few people bump cities, POI's, and plains up a little, with hills and mountains down a little.