Listen up Fun Pimps!

gecko2015

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

So? The forums main function IS complaining (about bugs, wants and dislikes). The devs have to decide on which to act. And luckily for many here they don't listen to people who want to make business decisions for them. They decided to keep developing in EA until they are satisfied with the game. And thats it, a dead horse subject actually.

I don't know why you try to find a solution for people who argue a lost case. Or discuss alternative realities in which TFP could have finished the game years ago. They could, but they didn't. They had the power to cut short development at any time even before A16, adding a few NPCs with a gun in hand standing around and calling them bandits or even saying "we will add bandits after release" is easy. And they have that power now as well, but I'm pretty sure they won't.

If they had finished the 1.0 a few years ago, this forum would be mainly complaining about basic gameplay not changing enough for making the game fresh again. Exactly why many people here on the forum are telling TFP to please stay in alpha because that gives a fresh experience every year.

Boba Fett is an excellent example. And reminded me of another one: Minsc. Most people who played Baldurs Gate loved Minsc, and Minsc is the archetype of a character defined by a few funny one-liners.

1. Well adding a few npc standing around could be solution. But "we will add bandits after relase" coudn't work- because people would sue TFP (USA law is strange so idk if TFP would won or not).  Well why i do this? because... what more left? Well if they ended few years ago they could working  on maybe  for example 7dtd-medival. This would be bigger refreshment right?  Well they are changing a lot but now it for my point of view more like "polishing" that adding things - more poi will not change gameplay or balance, RWG too- if they don't implement lore to this poi.  New guns and drones change things and it is new content. But only we get one new zombie - rest of them are redesign. vehicle mods are more "life improvment" that typical content  

1 hour ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

The player base is still bigger than ever. Sure it was going down after the release peak but that´s normal.

And no it´s not complete. The map generation needs a lot of work (FOr example all T5 poi´s at least once per map, why is this so hard?) , the NPC´s aren´t in yet, the story is missing, The balancing is still way off, we have 300 levels and can beat everything with level 50.

I think it even too big- if  player base is small probably have similiar " view"

53 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Well adding a few npc standing around could be solution. But "we will add bandits after relase" coudn't work- because people would sue TFP (USA law is strange so idk if TFP would won or not). 

Nobody would sue. Nobody would win if they tried which is why nobody would sue. TFP stated even in their kickstarter that some features might not be added until after full release. One of those features was originally going to be random world generation. Maybe you did not realize that at one time we had Navezgane, Horde Mode, and Arena Battle and that was it. There was no random world generator and it was slated for development after the game was released. Navezgane was going to be the only map that they shipped the game with (although they entertained the possibility of creating a second map briefly before they chose to go for RWG early)

At some point they shuffled their priorities and RWG landed near the top and bandits as we have seen got punted. They could easily state that during development they determined that the features needed to switch and that bandits became one of those that would be added after full release as a free DLC to replace RWG which they shifted forward. >shrug<

They won't do this. But I am betting "The Story" will be the feature chosen to be added as an after release DLC to take the place of their originally planned after release random world generation DLC.

The point is that they can choose to do any feature after release as long as they follow through and do it-- and even if they don't, the worst they will suffer is bad press and opinion by the gaming community which may or may not impact their next game's sales. So it is better for them to deliver on all goals and I know they are planning to do so. Of course, there will always be debate by those who don't feel that what TFP offers actually fulfills the promise. Any feature that isn't done good enough to satisfy a rando's pie in the sky expectations will be seen by that dude as TFP reneging on their promise.

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

Nobody would sue. Nobody would win if they tried which is why nobody would sue. TFP stated even in their kickstarter that some features might not be added until after full release. One of those features was originally going to be random world generation. Maybe you did not realize that at one time we had Navezgane, Horde Mode, and Arena Battle and that was it. There was no random world generator and it was slated for development after the game was released. Navezgane was going to be the only map that they shipped the game with (although they entertained the possibility of creating a second map briefly before they chose to go for RWG early)

At some point they shuffled their priorities and RWG landed near the top and bandits as we have seen got punted. They could easily state that during development they determined that the features needed to switch and that bandits became one of those that would be added after full release as a free DLC to replace RWG which they shifted forward. >shrug<

They won't do this. But I am betting "The Story" will be the feature chosen to be added as an after release DLC to take the place of their originally planned after release random world generation DLC.

The point is that they can choose to do any feature after release as long as they follow through and do it-- and even if they don't, the worst they will suffer is bad press and opinion by the gaming community which may or may not impact their next game's sales. So it is better for them to deliver on all goals and I know they are planning to do so. Of course, there will always be debate by those who don't feel that what TFP offers actually fulfills the promise. Any feature that isn't done good enough to satisfy a rando's pie in the sky expectations will be seen by that dude as TFP reneging on their promise.

1. Idk- i hear about few situation like this- idk how it was ended but some studios was sued. i remember the arena battle . okay expended story is in "post released" section. my mistake.  But idk about bandits - they are in " describtion" but npc are in post released section so idk well so i'm not sure about that

15 minutes ago, Boidster said:

Hello, welcome to the United States! Since you're new here, allow me to show you the DC Circuit Court docket from, say, late 2020 through today. :D 

I guess you're right. Plenty would sue.

Plaintiff: Your Honor, TFP promised to add bandits as part of their stretch goals which is what I based my pledge on and bandits haven't been added even though they released their game. I either want my money back or for them to be forced to add bandits

Judge: What does the plaintiff have to say?

TFP: We have bandits slated as our first DLC 

Judge: Case closed!

1 hour ago, Boidster said:

AKA "the artist who decides when the art is 'finished'."

Yes and no. few games in the past was ready to released but thes never happend because: bancrupcy, selling company etc. 

So sometimes happen that something is ready but developers decided to throw this  to bin

19 minutes ago, Matt115 said:

Yes and no. few games in the past was ready to released but thes never happend because: bancrupcy, selling company etc. 

So sometimes happen that something is ready but developers decided to throw this  to bin

You are arguing against a point I didn't make. Neither you nor I get to decide when someone else's art is "finished". We can say, "Well, it's good enough for me!" and we can even complain "Hey, why did you throw that out, I liked it!" In this case, they didn't think it was finished and whatever their artistic vision was, it wasn't going to be met by what they had at the time, so they set it aside. It's their art. Their decision, even if we don't like it.

2 minutes ago, Boidster said:

You are arguing against a point I didn't make. Neither you nor I get to decide when someone else's art is "finished". We can say, "Well, it's good enough for me!" and we can even complain "Hey, why did you throw that out, I liked it!" In this case, they didn't think it was finished and whatever their artistic vision was, it wasn't going to be met by what they had at the time, so they set it aside. It's their art. Their decision, even if we don't like it.

okay - my point was before you comment about art - "7dtd could be ended if they added bandits and story because people complaining about long production period". i was wrong about that - roland told me that story and npc were in post realased updates on kickstarter. But i didn't know about that before. So if i was correct that mean in 2016 they could added another point from their "check" list and avoid complaining about this period

It's funny how people can look at a game in very different ways. I find this patch to be one of the biggest changes, and for the good. I stopped around 17-18 and skipped 19, didnt like the small maps, bad gen and tower defense direction with magic candy - but thats because I loved the old 7 days of exploring the vast lands and building big while surviving in between. I was actually annoyed that I didnt like to play it anymore.
So with the new Random gen, bigger maps (to come) and way more POI's (aka diversity) this patch really took me by surprise.  The Map gen is awesome, towns look like actual towns, I even like the gardening for some weird reason.

Oh and I started playing in 2014, for some reason we're mentioning that.

It is really hard to create longlivety in any game I think, without making the early game a grind (or even midgame). One of the awesome things about 7 days is, you can play it in many different ways. This also means many different opinions on how to improve and also many different reasons why people stop playing after a while. Always keep in mind that our opinion is not a fact.

19 hours ago, Matt115 said:

They were - just someone from TFP they works bad.  So in theory they could works similiar to minecraft'mobs

You do not decide what is finished. The people making the game do. I'll repeat for you. bandits were never finished. Period. Fact. End of story.