A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

7 hours ago, xyth said:

Minor update to version .20:  Fixed Demolition Zombie not attacking NPCs.  

Also fixed the 1-Birds addon so birds now spawn as expected.

Thank you and all of the various team(s) members helping out will all these mods.
Can I make a simple request though for updates? Would it be possible to add an update "date" stamp next to each mod and their hyperlink? That way when scrolling through all the modlets we can see which ones have changed recently instead of re-downloading them all. I know the changelogs usually say what was changed, but this would help to show anyone looking at the files (on the first page).

Thanks again!

Edited by Brugas (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Brugas said:

Thank you and all of the various team(s) members helping out will all these mods.
Can I make a simple request though for updates? Would it be possible to add an update "date" stamp next to each mod and their hyperlink? That way when scrolling through all the modlets we can see which ones have changed recently instead of re-downloading them all. I know the changelogs usually say what was changed, but this would help to show anyone looking at the files (on the first page).

Thanks again!

Going forward, Maybe 🙂  

@arramus

Sorry for slow reply.

1. Copy/pasted as requested and inserted into existing game. No birds.

Dark's Friendly Gurlz - Hired Gina – then hired Betty and Gina was auto discharged.

2. Started new game with only Score, NPCore and bird pack (changed as instructed). I have new sounds. I have eagles and Alcatraz. Never saw robin or crow.

LOTS of NPCore characters running around. Are Harley Quinns supposed to be hostile? The Baker and Nurse were not. (realized DFGurlz had overridden NPCore characters)

3. Uninstalled/reinstalled 7DTD. Reacquired/installed current posted versions of Score, NPCore and Bird Pack. Started new game, spawned in forest. A few eagles spawn. Two Alcatraz spawn. All fly around until out of view. Waited til noon. No more birds. Did not see robin. Moved to desert. Spotted an eagle. Did not see crow.

NPCore characters not as plentiful as before.

4. Added Darks Friendly Gurlz to see if names are corrected. Started new game. Birds as before but no NPCore characters to be found. DFGurlz are all still called King Moneybags.

5. Verified file integrity. 13376 files failed to validate. LOL.

6. Verified file integrity. 13740 validated.

7. Removed DFGurlz from Mods. Started new game. Spawned in forest. Eagle right away. Alcatraz next. As before, birds spawned and left the area, much like using the F6 function key. No new spawns. 14:00 still no robin. Teleport to desert at 17:00 – no birds – no crow sounds. Teleport back to forest – no bird sounds - crickets - No NPCore characters present. No bats by midnight. Exit.

8. Make fresh copy of 7DTD* – install current Score, NPCore and Bird pack – Start new game – Recap: Spent nearly a full day exploring the map, in search of birds and NPCore characters. Birds seem to spawn when I enter area. Saw a few eagles, saw fewer Alcatraz, saw no crows or robins. Saw bats. Saw very few characters. Don't know what the mix should be but this was very very sparse.

I tried to test it in the cleanest environment I could. No criticism. Just trying to be helpful. I know how hard mod authors work and info is key to fixing issues.

*I play SP separately from the main files so I don't get mod crossover to my server games.

To answer, or respond to the observations.

2. Harley Quinns come directly from the NPC 0-XNPCCore and act as a template 'bandit' entity. They are hostile.

8. The 1-NPCXBirdPack: https://github.com/7D2D/A21Mods/blob/main/1-NPCXBirdPack.zip

just received an update with the same entitygroups.xml as suggested. This allows them to appear at a regulated amount for general gameplay.

In your case, for both the birds and entities, it sounds like you would like to see them appear more often. They are regulated because players often felt they appeared too often and the current amounts keep them balanced. To increase their appearances, we can change their chance of appearing compared to other entities and even add them to areas they may not be appearing. For example, the Birds.

Current entitygroups.xml

This shows that the Crow will only appear in the Burnt Forest and Desert.

This shows that the Eagle will only appear in the Snow and Forest.

This shows that the Penguin will only appear in the Snow.

This shows that the Bat/Bats will only appear in the Wasteland and Forest at night.

This shows that the Alcatraz will only appear in the Forest.

This is how the creator intended for the birds to be distributed throughout the biomes. They will also be competing with regular TFP animals in these biomes as well to ensure rabbits, chickens, and other timid/hostile animals can appear.

<configs>

<!--	<remove xpath="//entitygroup/entity[starts-with(@name, 'animal')] -->

<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsBurntForest']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
		animalCrow, 3
	</csv>	
	<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsDesert']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
		animalCrow, 8
	</csv>
	<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsSnow']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
		animalEagle, 5
		animalPenguin, 5
	</csv>	
	<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsWasteland']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
		animalBat, 8
		animalBats, 8
	</csv>	
	<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='WildGameForest']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
		animalRobin, 8
		animalEagle, 8
		animalAlcatraz, 8
	</csv>
	<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='WildGameForestNight']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
		animalBat, 8
		animalBats, 8
	</csv>

</configs>

If you would like to see them more often, and possibly see them appear in other Biomes as well, here is an example that can be tried and compared to the original.

<configs>

<!--	<remove xpath="//entitygroup/entity[starts-with(@name, 'animal')] -->

<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsBurntForest']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
      		animalEagle, 10
      		animalCrow, 10
	</csv>	
	<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsDesert']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
		animalRobin, 10
      		animalEagle, 10
      		animalCrow, 10
      		animalAlcatraz, 10
	</csv>
	<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsSnow']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
		animalRobin, 10
      		animalEagle, 10
      		animalPenguin, 10
      		animalCrow, 10
	</csv>	
	<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='EnemyAnimalsWasteland']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
		animalEagle, 10
      		animalCrow, 10
      		animalBat, 10
      		animalBats, 10
	</csv>	
	<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='WildGameForest']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
		animalRobin, 10
      		animalEagle, 10
      		animalCrow, 10
      		animalAlcatraz, 10
	</csv>
	<csv xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='WildGameForestNight']/text()" delim="\n" op="add" >
		animalBat, 8
		animalBats, 8
	</csv>

</configs>

The same applies for NPCs. Increasing their probability chance to appear will make them appear more often in the biomes. The 0-XNPCCore entities such as the Nurse, Baker, and Harley have a lower chance to appear than those in Add On packs. This is by design to ensure Add On pack NPCs can appear more frequently.

Edited by arramus
Formatting is screwed. (see edit history)

Hi! 

So I have been trying to install this mod for quite some time....... I have downloaded all of the relevant files several times using all of the appropriate links.... Nothing seems to be working.... It does not let me craft or search anything and if that is not an issue it comes up with a red message in the source as I am trying to create my character.... Is this mod broken? I wanted to try it out but nothing is working. This is the wasteland mod I am talking about and it seems to be completely broken right now......

Edited by fable (see edit history)

2 hours ago, fable said:

Hi! 

So I have been trying to install this mod for quite some time....... I have downloaded all of the relevant files several times using all of the appropriate links.... Nothing seems to be working.... It does not let me craft or search anything and if that is not an issue it comes up with a red message in the source as I am trying to create my character.... Is this mod broken? I wanted to try it out but nothing is working. This is the wasteland mod I am talking about and it seems to be completely broken right now......

2 hours ago, fable said:

Hi! 

The Wasteland overhaul already has the NPCCore mod as part of its build.  Maybe post a link to your player log file so we can see the actual error.

7 hours ago, fable said:

Hi! 

I don't actually include NPCCore in my releases. But as Xyth said, a log is needed to have any idea on what is going on. You are likely either missing a required mod, have EAC on, or haven't actually installed the mods correctly.

@arramus

TY for the detailed reply. I had no intention of putting you through this much work. I wanted this for ambiance; just some birdies flitting around to go with the default sound effects. All I can get it to do is spawn some birds that fly away.

I seem to be alone in the issue. So, I don't want us to spend any more time on it, knowing it'll get borked in the next alpha anyway. I'd rather get back to playing. I'll take what you've given me and try working through it some other time.

For real, thanks.

hello, thanks to the team and everyone who contributed to this awesome mod!

Currently I'm having an issue with the hired NPC hunting mode. With that hunting mode on by default after hiring, my hired NPC would just act like Full Control mode instead and will not seek out nearby zombies or threat even when i command them to patrol. The hired NPC would only attack when I'm being attacked or when i attacked first regardless of the changing of the modes. I might have accidentally removed or edited the files/xml while trying to make this "playable" with darkness falls. So far it doesn't show any red/yellow error logs plus I'm MP hosting for my friends and everything is working perfectly fine as intended for THEM EXECPT me. If anyone here could advise or tell me where to look at to fix this would be appreciated! Thanks all. 

Edited by lighttoro (see edit history)

Hello! first of all greetings to all!
Can anyone tell me if there is any npc mod that adds something like friendly, neutral and hostile animals that can be hired as well as human npc?
If you could help me I would be very grateful.

Hello again!
Back with some questions, hopefully i do not overwhelm ya'll.

I am trying to do multiple things, and i'll start off with loot.
I know there's "Lootcontainerregular' i'd assume that'd be the yellow loot bags, what are the exact names for blue, and red loot bags for NPC's?

My second question is about the persistency for AI, i know that friendly NPC's, hirable will remain on server when everyone is offline. But i've noticed that when i spawn in soldiers/or bandits (Made them hostile, naturally.) Won't stick around on server when i leave. (Yes i did spawn them in with the persistency option.) Is there a way to make them persistent in the code?

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

Hello again!

I know there's "Lootcontainerregular' i'd assume that'd be the yellow loot bags, what are the exact names for blue, and red loot bags for NPC's?

My second question is about the persistency for AI, i know that friendly NPC's, hirable will remain on server when everyone is offline. But i've noticed that when i spawn in soldiers/or bandits (Made them hostile, naturally.) Won't stick around on server when i leave. (Yes i did spawn them in with the persistency option.) Is there a way to make them persistent in the code?

Thanks in advance!

I've also got to ask, how its possible to make the NPC's compatible with other weapon mods, if thats possible?

Cheers!

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

Hello again!

Vanilla containers should be LootContainerStrong and LootContainerBoss.

13 hours ago, Evil_Geoff said:

I'll go ahead and test/try that! Thanks for answering the loot question 😄

On 2/19/2024 at 1:36 AM, Evil_Geoff said:

Wanted to confirm that this works, sadly. I am still not aware what the other features are existent or not.
Aka, the questions in regards of making modded guns compatible, Or the persistency of hostile AI instead of just friendly. Or customization of specific AI health.
Fingers crossed they'll answer eventually.

Thanks for the help! 

17 hours ago, Ryan said:

Wanted to confirm that this works, sadly. I am still not aware what the other features are existent or not.
Aka, the questions in regards of making modded guns compatible, Or the persistency of hostile AI instead of just friendly. Or customization of specific AI health.
Fingers crossed they'll answer eventually.

Thanks for the help! 

1. No, only vanilla weapons can be given to npcs  2. not sure what youre asking here, there are bandit/raider packs and companion packs 3. yes, you can edit their hp in the entity class xml

@arramus I plugged in the entitygroups.xml with the increased numbers and explored the forest. I saw Crows and Robins for the first time. Those numbers produced a nice mix for me. The 4 bird mix spawned enough sightings to give me the feeling the area was populated. (match the audio) Thank you, again.

Darks Raider Gurlz Friendly used be named Betty, Gina or Jayne. Now they are all called King Moneybags. I see this line in entityclasses on every version of the characters.

<property name="Names" value="King Moneybags" />

But changing it to their correct name does nothing. 

Don't see any other references to King Moneybags in the other docs. Any thoughts on how to rename them?

On 2/18/2024 at 7:40 AM, Ryan said:

Hello again!

Thanks in advance!

If you spawn in characters using the dynamic spawning tab of F6, they wont stay in game when you log off.  Use the biome spawner tab instead.

2 hours ago, scm1893 said:

Darks Raider Gurlz Friendly used be named Betty, Gina or Jayne. Now they are all called King Moneybags. I see this line in entityclasses on every version of the characters.

<property name="Names" value="King Moneybags" />

But changing it to their correct name does nothing. 

Don't see any other references to King Moneybags in the other docs. Any thoughts on how to rename them?

Changing it should work if you edited the correct file and saved it.

11 hours ago, drkstardragon said:

1. No, only vanilla weapons can be given to npcs  2. not sure what youre asking here, there are bandit/raider packs and companion packs 3. yes, you can edit their hp in the entity class xml

Second question has a lot more context when read back just a little more upwards on this page. I'll quote it.

"My second question is about the persistency for AI, i know that friendly NPC's, hirable will remain on server when everyone is offline. But i've noticed that when i spawn in soldiers/or bandits (Made them hostile, naturally.) Won't stick around on server when i leave. (Yes i did spawn them in with the persistency option.) Is there a way to make them persistent in the code?"

Unfortunately i do not see anything in relation of health points within any of the XML files contained within the NPC addon packs 😕

4 hours ago, xyth said:

If you spawn in characters using the dynamic spawning tab of F6, they wont stay in game when you log off.  Use the biome spawner tab instead.

Ah right, yeah i haven't even bothered checking out F6, i assumed that 'persistent' spawning was good enough.
Cheers!

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Second question has a lot more context when read back just a little more upwards on this page. I'll quote it.

"My second question is about the persistency for AI, i know that friendly NPC's, hirable will remain on server when everyone is offline. But i've noticed that when i spawn in soldiers/or bandits (Made them hostile, naturally.) Won't stick around on server when i leave. (Yes i did spawn them in with the persistency option.) Is there a way to make them persistent in the code?"

Unfortunately i do not see anything in relation of health points within any of the XML files contained within the NPC addon packs 😕

Ah right, yeah i haven't even bothered checking out F6, i assumed that 'persistent' spawning was good enough.
Cheers!

Hate it that you can't edit posts, eitherway.
Would health be related to the "<property name="Mass" value="130" />" value?
(Managed to try and find this in the civilians addon, assuming thats whats referencing health.)

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

Cheers!

Hate it that you can't edit posts, eitherway.
Would health be related to the "<property name="Mass" value="130" />" value?
(Managed to try and find this in the civilians addon, assuming thats whats referencing health.)

<passive_effect name="HealthMax" operation="base_set" value="100"/>

11 hours ago, haark5 said:

:flame:Anyone around here who knows how to create mods and especially knows how to create NPC mods? I am interested in hiring :rockon:

no

18 hours ago, xyth said:

Sadly flicking on the 'From Biome Spawner' option in F6 doesn't keep the character existent.
I can't seem to find any other information of a 'biome spawner tab' anywhere.