A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

3 hours ago, DrunkZombie said:

Is there an estimate on when khzmusik_Civilians will be released?  I've been waiting for it before starting a new game. Thanks.

I'm working on Zombies now, but it sounds like civilians will be next. You can follow progress in my thread if you like.

11 hours ago, Fox said:

FYI, Harley is included in the "1-DarksRaiderGurlzFriendly" mod and she isn't friendly or interactable at all.

Harley is bundled directly into the 0-XNPCCore and will remain as a hostile bandit even with the Friendly Raider Girl Add On Pack installed.

On 7/12/2023 at 4:56 AM, Fox said:

Thanks. I hardly ever go there for anything, so maybe it's pointless for me to have that mod installed anyway. Though I was curious so I went there to see them but obviously saw nothing as I described above.

The spiders, when using the Colony Expansion Add On Pack, can now be found in all Biomes. They are tagged to existing hostile animal groups and at a balanced and regulated rate. They'll be seen but it won't be an infestation.

PnC7rLs.jpg

13 hours ago, Fox said:

Also, hired help still sighs / does the whole out of stamina noise.

You are probably hearing the "SoundRandom" noise. If you want to change that, you can override that in the NPC template to either a different sound or no sound (the empty string). You can also increase the "SoundRandomTime" value so you won't hear it as often.

But, there probably should be better handling of the sounds in general. I can bring it up to the team.

After some discussion, we decided that we need to spend sometime understanding all the changes TFP made in the last year to the zombie AI, as well as new code added in preparation for A22 bandits.  This current version is based off the A20 codebase, so we are not yet taking advantage of some of the new pathing and features of the A21 code.  This current A21 version is mostly just compatibility updates so it runs much like it did in A20.  Now we are planning on focusing our time on bringing the mod forward onto the new A21 codebase.  This is no small endeavor, and will take most of our focus in the coming months.  Therefore, we are feature locking this current version, and will only update it periodically with bug fixes as the player base identify them.  The pathing issues related to some blocks is better in the A21 codebase, so rather than hacking away to make the current version path better, we will see about leveraging the better pathing code in A21 first.  

Thanks for supporting this mod, and enjoy it as it is for now.  

Here's a small update for the NPC Mod Prefabs pack.
https://github.com/arramus/A21-NPCMod-Prefabs

- It has been converted to a modlet and called '1-NPCMod-Prefabs'. This can be installed just in the same way as the Add On Pack Modlets in the Mods folder. When creating a new RWG World, these Prefabs will be added in the World.

- Mesa has been converted to a Bandit version to provide the regular and NPC Mod types in a World. It has been set to only appear once on anything 10K and smaller. Any Bandit Addon Packs in the Mods folder that are hooked up for POIs will appear there. If there are no Bandit Addon Packs set up for that feature, it will fall back to only Harley types and become a Harley Cloning Factory. ^^

This POI is a T5 and supports the infestation Quest type as well.

E4WGm7a.jpg

6 hours ago, arramus said:

Harley is bundled directly into the 0-XNPCCore and will remain as a hostile bandit even with the Friendly Raider Girl Add On Pack installed.

Oh ok. I didn't mind her in the game anyway as she's quite fun to deal with, she has some cool dialog. It just surprised the hell out of me when I was suddenly being shot at.

4 hours ago, khzmusik said:

You are probably hearing the "SoundRandom" noise. If you want to change that, you can override that in the NPC template to either a different sound or no sound (the empty string). You can also increase the "SoundRandomTime" value so you won't hear it as often.

But, there probably should be better handling of the sounds in general. I can bring it up to the team.

I'll see what I can do, but ya, better handling of sounds would be nice. I feel like it's a bit too much and weird with just 1 NPC, I can only imagine how noisy it would become if I hired 3 more.

5 hours ago, arramus said:

The spiders, when using the Colony Expansion Add On Pack, can now be found in all Biomes. They are tagged to existing hostile animal groups and at a balanced and regulated rate. They'll be seen but it won't be an infestation.

Awesome, thanks!

Out of curiosity, is there any reason why a minibike model was used as a placement layout for placing NPCs? It kind of limits us from sticking them inside a 1 block hole.

Edited by Fox (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, Fox said:

Oh ok. I didn't mind her in the game anyway as she's quite fun to deal with, she has some cool dialog. It just surprised the hell out of me when I was suddenly being shot at.

I'll see what I can do, but ya, better handling of sounds would be nice. I feel like it's a bit too much and weird with just 1 NPC, I can only imagine how noisy it would become if I hired 3 more.

Awesome, thanks!

Out of curiosity, is there any reason why a minibike model was used as a placement layout for placing NPCs? It kind of limits us from sticking them inside a 1 block hole.

The minibike was chosen cause it was the easiest thing to use to prototype the pickup and place code.  Then we moved to bug fixing and totally forgot to get back to that.  

whoo :)

have two problems 🫣

1) When Zombie Dogs spawn I am not able to shoot them. Unfortunately I only have a

9mm pistol with which I can test it. But it doesn't damage the Zombie Dog. The dog doesn't

harm me either. Little video here :)

https://gyazo.com/55fc7b0f597e811a3335df5b16aa9522

I tested something.
No problems with "SCore" alone.
as soon as I put "0-XNPCCore" into the mod directory, the error occurs. I spawned normal zombies,

they are not affected as far as I can see. If I delete "0-XNPCCore" and reload, I can kill the dog again
I also use the NPC Mod in A20 without problems - works fine

2) No birds appear via the addon. I hear them around me but don't see any. I also don't get any birds

displayed via the debug menu and F6. However, I don't know what they are called either. Animal BirdsXXX ??

I installed the SCore from "SphereII's Mods" and installed the mod "SphereII a Better Life" there, which

adds fish. I get this displayed via F6. But I uninstalled the mod to test it, because I thought it might overlap

with the birds. But even without the fish mod no birds.

Are the two SCore identical? Not that I overwrote one with the other. It will download me yes for both
"SphereII-Mods-master-0-SCore" is displayed.

Does anyone have an idea how I can kill the dog again and see birds fly :)

Thanks
sixx :)

I haven't had a chance to play A21 much yet but did notice it seems like the fresh zombies in Darks zombie pack appear way too bright, especially compared to all other npcs and zombies. Not sure if this was intentional or still being worked on so thought I might mention it.

4 hours ago, Sixx said:

whoo :)

have two problems 🫣

1) When Zombie Dogs spawn I am not able to shoot them. Unfortunately I only have a

9mm pistol with which I can test it. But it doesn't damage the Zombie Dog. The dog doesn't

harm me either. Little video here :)

https://gyazo.com/55fc7b0f597e811a3335df5b16aa9522

I tested something.
No problems with "SCore" alone.
as soon as I put "0-XNPCCore" into the mod directory, the error occurs. I spawned normal zombies,

they are not affected as far as I can see. If I delete "0-XNPCCore" and reload, I can kill the dog again
I also use the NPC Mod in A20 without problems - works fine

2) No birds appear via the addon. I hear them around me but don't see any. I also don't get any birds

displayed via the debug menu and F6. However, I don't know what they are called either. Animal BirdsXXX ??

I installed the SCore from "SphereII's Mods" and installed the mod "SphereII a Better Life" there, which

adds fish. I get this displayed via F6. But I uninstalled the mod to test it, because I thought it might overlap

with the birds. But even without the fish mod no birds.

Are the two SCore identical? Not that I overwrote one with the other. It will download me yes for both
"SphereII-Mods-master-0-SCore" is displayed.

Does anyone have an idea how I can kill the dog again and see birds fly :)

Thanks
sixx :)

Dumb question, but you did start a new game after installing NPC Core?

If not, you need to do that. NPC Core absolutely can not be installed into an existing game. It adds factions and they override the player's faction, leading to issues like yours.

2 hours ago, RevenantWit said:

I haven't had a chance to play A21 much yet but did notice it seems like the fresh zombies in Darks zombie pack appear way too bright, especially compared to all other npcs and zombies. Not sure if this was intentional or still being worked on so thought I might mention it.

Each Add On Pack creator pretty much releases their Add On Packs as they like. This level of brightness, and night glow, was mentioned during testing with some accepting it as a unique features and others feeling it may be a bit too bright in comparison. Thanks for mentioning it though as such feedback helps Add On Pack creators when reconsidering things during updates.

This might've already been answered in the past, but.
Is there a way to adjust the amount/ and or chance of spawning NPC's? I want them in my case to be quite rare.
I remember back in alpha 20 that NPC's were all over the place, awfully common. More common them zombies.

Hence i'm asking in here out of concern. Besides, It'd be neat to know how the files work. I know how to read code just barely.
But i don't see any other lines of code indication rarity of spawning.

Cheers!

33 minutes ago, Ryan said:

This might've already been answered in the past, but.
Is there a way to adjust the amount/ and or chance of spawning NPC's? I want them in my case to be quite rare.
I remember back in alpha 20 that NPC's were all over the place, awfully common. More common them zombies.

Hence i'm asking in here out of concern. Besides, It'd be neat to know how the files work. I know how to read code just barely.
But i don't see any other lines of code indication rarity of spawning.

Cheers!

Yeah i just tested it, it still seems to be the case that survivors tend to get spawned a lot more then they should.
I'm talking about bandits, cleaners, and soldiers addon packs. (And hell, would there even be a way to adjust IF they spawn or not?)

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Yeah i just tested it, it still seems to be the case that survivors tend to get spawned a lot more then they should.
I'm talking about bandits, cleaners, and soldiers addon packs. (And hell, would there even be a way to adjust IF they spawn or not?)

Sorry for the incredible amounts of questions! one of the final few!
I've changed it so that raiders are friendly and soldiers are hostile yet... I can't remove the pront to 'talk' from the soldiers. And i can't add the prompt to add 'talking' to bandits.
I've figured out how to lower the amount of spawns via the groups file. Changing .1 to .03 making them per town pretty much 'less'.

15 hours ago, khzmusik said:

Dumb question, but you did start a new game after installing NPC Core?

If not, you need to do that. NPC Core absolutely can not be installed into an existing game. It adds factions and they override the player's faction, leading to issues like yours.

Hello, thanks for the answer.
um no, I didn't start a new game.. I didn't have it in the A20 either (after 200 hours)  and it ran without any problems there, so I assumed that it would also work in the A21. If that's not possible I'll delete the mod as I won't be starting over. I'm too far for that. It's a pity.. The mod was a lot of fun in the A20. 😪

7 hours ago, Sixx said:

Hello, thanks for the answer.
um no, I didn't start a new game.. I didn't have it in the A20 either (after 200 hours)  and it ran without any problems there, so I assumed that it would also work in the A21. If that's not possible I'll delete the mod as I won't be starting over. I'm too far for that. It's a pity.. The mod was a lot of fun in the A20. 😪

FWIW, that same issue existed in A20. (And probably A19 and A18.) If you didn't encounter issues, then it was sheer luck.

If you haven't already, make sure you back up your game save before removing any mods (or adding them, but it's probably too late now).

On 7/16/2023 at 7:12 PM, RevenantWit said:

I did what i could to mitigate their "brightness", alas how they ended up was the best i could acheive with their textures in unity 2021. I am now on hiatus indefinitely from 7dtd for various reasons so they will not be worked on further.