A21 NPCMod and Addons

xyth

Hi. I am hoping someone can help me because I cannot find any information on it. In NPC mod there is an item called pathing block anyone know how it is used?

Second question would be, in ADMIN menu during interaction with your NPC, there is an option to set pathing as patrol path, I dont know how to set path code, anyone can explain to me on how it works? or any video tutorial? I would like it to patrol certain path to avoid clashing to dead-end all the time or going thru ways that I dont want them to go. Any idea?

Third, will the NPC auto heal themselves if I equip them with bandages or first aid? or can my upgraded drone heal them (detected as ally)?

thank you so much

9 hours ago, MartinTampan said:

Hi. I am hoping someone can help me because I cannot find any information on it. In NPC mod there is an item called pathing block anyone know how it is used?

Second question would be, in ADMIN menu during interaction with your NPC, there is an option to set pathing as patrol path, I dont know how to set path code, anyone can explain to me on how it works? or any video tutorial? I would like it to patrol certain path to avoid clashing to dead-end all the time or going thru ways that I dont want them to go. Any idea?

Third, will the NPC auto heal themselves if I equip them with bandages or first aid? or can my upgraded drone heal them (detected as ally)?

thank you so much

1. A pathing block is an invisible block that you can write on, in order to give orders to the NPCs around it. It was originally (A19?) created to give pathing codes to NPCs, but I think it's mostly used nowadays by NPC POI designers, to make their ranged NPCs stay in place and act as sentries. There is a little bit of documentation in SCore. If you're not designing POIs, I wouldn't worry about it.

2. That also came from A19 (I think). The idea is that you told the NPC to follow you, set patrol points at certain places, and at the end told them to patrol that route. I don't think it works currently, but people can still test it, which is why it was moved to the admin menu. I also wouldn't worry about it.

3. NPCs that use Utility AI (which is most of them, including all friendly NPCs) heal themselves already, without you having to tell them or equip them with bandages. If you  see them making a motion like they're bandaging their arm, that's what they're doing. (Animal companions also do it, but I don't think there's an animation state that shows them doing anything.) There currently is no way to do it otherwise, either by healing them manually or via a drone. All this might or might not change in the future.