A20 Planting shows pink box

nitnoid

I have a base in an existing POI and have planted a row of 14 farm plots in a row.  Everything planted just fine until I noticed I have one plot that shows a pink outline instead of white when planting crops.  It appears that particular plot is above a tunnel I have dug far below my base.  It is a 2 high 1 wide tunnel and about 20-30 meters underground.  I've dug up the plot and placed a new one down, but the same thing occurs.

Is this a bug or is it safe to plant, just letting me know that the structural integrity of that space is in question?

2 hours ago, saoron666 said:

What’s working? Are the seeds supposed to come off as well as the vegetable u harvesting?! It never did this before 

It changed for Alpha 20.  You now have a 50% chance of regaining one seed for each plant you harvest and you have to replant each time.  Not sure how you missed the big thread in the General Discussions area on this very topic  😉

7 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Might not have enough light. If you can plant it, it should be fine.

The garden is located in the back yard.  Its just the one plot that is over the tunnel I dug.  When placing the crop, the box is pink instead of white.  I didn't want to waste a seed since they were harder to come by.  I crafted a cotton seed and it does plant just fine, even with the pink box.  I GUESS it is letting me know that there is a void somewhere underneath where the plot is located for structural integrity?

I understand it might matter when building but for planting crops, doesn't seem to make much sense.  So, problem solved I guess.  :)

from what i see, i dug a tunnel at an angle down and placed a plot over it until i reached the point where the tunnel was 2 meters below the surface and then it went pink. this basically says to me there is not enough support to safely put anything here.

i step forward 1 meter and placed a plot just where it was white and didnt see the pink until i wanted to plant the seed.. this told me the plot is ok but the adding another block (this case a seed) was too much for the shallow ground to support and indeed it collapsed.

so my findings is.. if there is at least 4m of soil under the plot then you are safe..

shallower grounds may create an issue when the seed matures which becomes a different block thus more weight which should cause a collapse.

si counts for all blocks in one way or another. so plants and plots are not an exception to the rule.

hope this helps. :)

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

Interesting.  I tried plots along the path where I dug and each one shows up pink, but the plants survive the planting.  My tunnel is about 15-20 meters under the plot so I'm not sure what's going on.  Not a big deal, I just didn't want to lose  one of my necessary seeds.  But thank you for your input!  Sure am loving this build regardless.  Fun Pimps rock!

16 hours ago, SylenThunder said:

Might not have enough light. If you can plant it, it should be fine.

The garden is located in the back yard.  Its just the one plot that is over the tunnel I dug.  When placing the crop, the box is pink instead of white.  I didn't want to waste a seed since they were harder to come by.  I crafted a cotton seed and it does plant just fine, even with the pink box.  I GUESS it is letting me know that there is a void somewhere underneath where the plot is located for structural integrity?

I understand it might matter when building but for planting crops, doesn't seem to make much sense.  So, problem solved I guess.  :)

• 4 weeks later...