Anybody else having a hard time finding a workstation schematic?

ElCabong

By now I've generally got the schematic and have made a workstation. I'm getting level 3 missions now. Yet this time I have not found a workstation schematic. I think I'm going to get offered one as a reward for finishing the level 3 missions so I'm not worried. Yet.

This sort of thing in the past has just been bad luck.

I got one, in 2 different playthroughs from the bonus package for finishing tier two, tier one was equally given the bike each time.

Interestingly, once I had gotten the actual workbench, even though it wasn't the schematic, I actually looted the schematic soon after (in both cases). Whether that's intentional or just coincidence I have no idea.

To answer your question though, I think it's just classic RNG (obvs mixed with your loot stage). You see this all the time, especially with "soft locked" items such as the crucible, however with the benches I guess this is compounded by there being no non-destroyed ones in the wild.

39 minutes ago, ElCabong said:

By now I've generally got the schematic and have made a workstation. I'm getting level 3 missions now. Yet this time I have not found a workstation schematic. I think I'm going to get offered one as a reward for finishing the level 3 missions so I'm not worried. Yet.

This sort of thing in the past has just been bad luck.

dude... :) you are cursed i told you... your luck ran out when you sold the horseshoe.

but dont fret... i see some others who say they arent having luck either and yet some who are swimming in them (well they say they are) :) but seriously... i think in about a good 1-2 days of looting thru pois i have been lucky to find one on a broken workbench.

keep on trucking, youre bound to find one.

3 playthroughs

• found it along with the chem station on at Day 1
  • Didn’t find it up to Day 15
  • Found it on Day 5

It’s all random.  On the Day 15 playthrough, I was able to get the crucible well before I found the forge schematic; though when I saw it in the trader stock I bought it right away.

31 minutes ago, Rince said:

Still looking for the crucible. And never found a beaker.

Now that's something I've not yet seen in A20. It might could be in one of the traders listings and I didn't notice it, but I've easily got 50+ hours in A20 and I'm yet to see it turn up in loot, not even in pop-n-pills like you'd maybe expect.

16 hours ago, ricp said:

Now that's something I've not yet seen in A20. It might could be in one of the traders listings and I didn't notice it, but I've easily got 50+ hours in A20 and I'm yet to see it turn up in loot, not even in pop-n-pills like you'd maybe expect.

crucible seem to show up all the time in secret stash with better barter 4

37 minutes ago, rykn0w said:

crucible seem to show up all the time in secret stash with better barter 4

Sorry I should have been clearer, I was talking about the beaker, not the crucible.

In regard to better barter, I honestly don't think I've ever put points into it. Daring adventurer, yes, because extra quest reward options, but not better barter. The only thing I think I've seen that requires a high level of better barter are the solar panels.

T4 quests have the house_tudor_01   which I call the library house.   (kinda like the cathedral)

Forges are easy with just 1 point, workstations need 4 pts in INT. umm..  not yet.

I check every workbench I see  (all stations actually).   A lot of POI have a workbench in the garage.

Bash in a panel and peek. If there is one, bash panel 2  loot. (check for zeds first d'oh!)

RNG is sometimes nice, sometimes not. By the time I got the cement mixer schematic,

I had almost 12k cement waiting, just from looting POI.

This time, I have lots of acid (and wheels),  first playthrough,  day 20, total of 6 acid (on 200% loot that time too)

Was on 200% loot until day 10, 100% now (day 20), even after dropping it back, I've found 6 more acid.

(and another 2 dozen eggs. main reason I do 200% early, is for food.  Books when MP to share them)

First play through, got the purified water book in the first couple of days.

This time,  no go, but got the can dance on landmines. (love that one)   :D

RNG likes to tease.

😛