A20 b233 - Exclamation marker does not spawn at POI mission.

xboxxxxd

Summary: Sometimes when nearing a POI mission, upon spawning the exclamation marker & mission the exclamation marker vanishes.

Game Version: A20 - exp b233.

Platform: PC.

OS/Version: Windows.

CPU Model: Intel i9-10900.

System Memory: 48GB.

GPU Model and VRAM: nVidia RTX 3060 12GB.

Screen Resolution: 1920x1080 x 60Hz.

Video Settings: Custom. (Mostly high settings)

Game mode: SP 10K RWG.

Did you wipe old saves?

1 untouched, A19.6 b8 old save.

Did you start a new game?

Yes. (Save generated on: A20 - b231 or 218 (if im not mistaken), current: A20 - b233)

Did you validate your files?

Yes.

Are you using any mods?

No.

EAC on or off?

Default.

Bug Description:

The bug seems to happen without any trace or issue or anything suspicious leading upto this point of it happening, it has happened twice so far after been running multiple traders there POI missions.. about 90+-100 done so far in total together.

there is no trace in F1 Console, Logs of it in the _data folder, or anything, it just randomly happens.

Detailed steps to reproduce the bug:

There is no pattern or way to reproduce this, it's totally at random.

If there is anything i can provide with this, let me know.

Actual result:

Exclamation marker dissapearing at random from POI missions.

Expected result:

A Exclamation marker to dissappear from POI missions.
It's hard to show visually as there is nothing to show lol, but this is a POI i have a mission at, i forgot the other one it's name, its been a bit.
Here is the POI visually:

spacer.png

spacer.png
Here is the POI mission in the GUI:
spacer.png
If any more information or files or whatever is needed, please let me know.
Greetings, from me.

To be clear, you did NOT start a new game on this version. If you started the save on 218 or 231 and are now playing on 233, that could be causing your problem. Playing a save from an old version often causes weird bugs and glitches.

To be sure it is a real problem and one not caused by playing on an old save, you should generate a brand new map and start a brand new game on it and see if the issue is still there.

49 minutes ago, katarynna said:

To be clear, you did NOT start a new game on this version. If you started the save on 218 or 231 and are now playing on 233, that could be causing your problem. Playing a save from an old version often causes weird bugs and glitches.

To be sure it is a real problem and one not caused by playing on an old save, you should generate a brand new map and start a brand new game on it and see if the issue is still there.

Well, the first time it happened was on 218, and it has happened earlier today for the second time on 233, so it's a continues issue in my eyes, i took note of this the first time as i was watching the livestream's of PartiallyRoyal, which it has happened to him once, altho understandably he had no issue because he was playing multiplayer with his friends and one of his friends shared the task to him, it occured to me he missed that marker too.

anyhow, if it happens again and/or i notice it on a fresh new save or so i will update on it.

4 hours ago, xboxxxxd said:

Well, the first time it happened was on 218, and it has happened earlier today for the second time on 233, so it's a continues issue in my eyes, i took note of this the first time as i was watching the livestream's of PartiallyRoyal, which it has happened to him once, altho understandably he had no issue because he was playing multiplayer with his friends and one of his friends shared the task to him, it occured to me he missed that marker too.

anyhow, if it happens again and/or i notice it on a fresh new save or so i will update on it.

When you press play on Steam, click the launcher option and ok. After that, go to the tools section and click on all 4 bars. Delete everything in the folders that it opens. When you open the registry, delete ONLY The Fun Pimps folder and close it, don't touch anything else for the registry.

After that, verify the game files and let it redownload

If you're saying the marker was never there to begin with, on a few streams I've seen the marker spawn underground and the player had to dig a hole to get to it. This was on A20 experimental when it first came out, so don't know if any of the patches have fixed that issue yet. Also, some patches/fixes will not apply to current saves (especially in experimental) without restarting with a new play through.

please people when coming across these issues with the missing rally markers.. stand where the marker should be and hit the F11 button to take a DBA pic and post it here and please make sure its a legible pic where we can see the writing in the dialogue box. i need to see if all of these disappearing rallys are tied to a specific tile or not.

if the dbs shows just the poi, then move a bit closer to the street to get a tile name.

Thanks  :)
QA Tester-unholyjoe

Edited by unholyjoe (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, unholyjoe said:

please people when coming across these issues with the missing rally markers.. stand where the marker should be and hit the F11 button to take a DBA pic and post it here and please make sure its a legible pic where we can see the writing in the dialogue box. i need to see if all of these disappearing rallys are tied to a specific tile or not.

if the dbs shows just the poi, then move a bit closer to the street to get a tile name.

QA Tester-unholyjoe

This kind of interaction impresses me. It always amazes me when game devs never appear on their forums to chime in with suggestions or instructions on what to do with a real problem,

Edited by Slaasher (see edit history)

2 hours ago, unholyjoe said:

QA Tester-unholyjoe

Could it be, that some prefabs don't actually have a rally point block? So the game spawns the rally marker at 0,0,0 ?

Someone pointed this out to me in A19 with my custom built prefab, because I forgot to place the rally point block for questing.

9 hours ago, FranticDan said:

Could it be, that some prefabs don't actually have a rally point block? So the game spawns the rally marker at 0,0,0 ?

Someone pointed this out to me in A19 with my custom built prefab, because I forgot to place the rally point block for questing.

that is also the point of asking for the F11 dbs.. we can see which pois are involved and which tiles (if any) are involved. so many reports about this yet not enough info on it so asking now (again) please more info as the "me toos" dont help if no one provides us with some fingerprints and a murder weapon... :)