The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

So why is it here 4.1?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]24875[/ATTACH]

My guess is that JaxTeller718 didn't want to change the name of the mod when he updated it to 4.2. The "name" of the mod in the Mod Launcher is used for the folder; changing this name would have forced everyone to re-install the mod completely.

• 3 weeks later...

When trying to run launcher:

Error reading XML File:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JaxTeller718/7D2DConfig/master/dona.xml

System.Xml.XmlException: There are multiple root elements. Line 26, position 6.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)

at System.Xml.XmlXmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.ReadXML(String strXMLFile) in

C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\Github\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 604

https://imgur.com/zNie4C8

Edited by Cadamier (see edit history)

When trying to run launcher:

Error reading XML File:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JaxTeller718/7D2DConfig/master/dona.xml

System.Xml.XmlException: There are multiple root elements. Line 26, position 6.

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)

at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()

at System.Xml.XmlLoader.LoadDocSequence(XmlDocument parentDoc)

at System.Xml.XmlXmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.ReadXML(String strXMLFile) in

C:\Users\Jeff\Documents\Github\7D2DModLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher\7D2DLauncher.cs:line 604

https://imgur.com/zNie4C8

It may have been a temporary disruption. I just loaded it up. Would you mind re-trying?

Whenever I try to download the mod launcher I get this error message:

Error Starting Application: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.

at System.Io.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars (String path, Boolean checkAdditional)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.UpdateTreeNod()

at

System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex (Int32 value)

at

_7D2DLauncher.frmMain.cboSteamPaths_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at 7D2DLauncher.frmMain.InitializeScreen()

at_7D2DLauncher.Program.Main(String[] args)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what any of this means so if you know how to fix it the help would be much appreciated. Also, I know almost nothing about computers so please explain how to fix it as if you were talking to a child. Thank you in advance.

Whenever I try to download the mod launcher I get this error message:

Error Starting Application: System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.

at System.Io.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars (String path, Boolean checkAdditional)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.UpdateTreeNod()

at

System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at

_7D2DLauncher.frmMain.cboSteamPaths_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at 7D2DLauncher.frmMain.InitializeScreen()

at_7D2DLauncher.Program.Main(String[] args)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what any of this means so if you know how to fix it the help would be much appreciated. Also, I know almost nothing about computers so please explain how to fix it as if you were talking to a child. Thank you in advance.

Sorry for the delay in answering.

It seems like one of the settings is bad in the game. Does the launcher start at all, or just errors out and stops you from continueing?

If it does continue to launch, you can go to File -> Clear -> Clear Steam Paths, and see if that helps.

Sorry for the delay in answering.

It seems like one of the settings is bad in the game. Does the launcher start at all, or just errors out and stops you from continueing?

If it does continue to launch, you can go to File -> Clear -> Clear Steam Paths, and see if that helps.

It doesn't launch at all. As you said errors then stops me from continuing.

It doesn't launch at all. As you said errors then stops me from continuing.

Give this a try:

To delete the ClickOnce file cache delete the contents of this folder based on the operating system.

Windows XP and Server 2003 - %userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\*.*

Windows Vista and Server 2008 and later - %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\*.*

Deleting these files will clear the information for all installed ClickOnce applications. They will re-install the next time their shortcut or URLs are used.

I have a problem - the mod launcher used to work no problem, now when I open it the window where all the mods should be only says "Starting Splash Screen"

Sorry for the delay. This sounds like something is blocking the github link. Can you click on Disable SSL, and re-launch the mod launcher to see if it fixes it?

Sorry for the delay. This sounds like something is blocking the github link. Can you click on Disable SSL, and re-launch the mod launcher to see if it fixes it?

I did that, now the mod launcher won't even launch

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't launch.

EDIT: After a few minutes of it appearing not to launch, it launched out of nowhere. No, it didn't fix it, it still shows the same thing.

Edited by Rizzano (see edit history)

I did that, now the mod launcher won't even launch

I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still won't launch.

EDIT: After a few minutes of it appearing not to launch, it launched out of nowhere. No, it didn't fix it, it still shows the same thing.

Once loaded, would you mind clicking on the View menu, then Log files, and clicking on Upload Log file? It'll give you a pastebin.com link of the start up; might be able to see what's going on with it. Sounds like something is blocking the site.

Once loaded, would you mind clicking on the View menu, then Log files, and clicking on Upload Log file? It'll give you a pastebin.com link of the start up; might be able to see what's going on with it. Sounds like something is blocking the site.

It's my ISP blocking it. I connected to my hotspot instead on my phone and it loads fine now. Guess I am using my hotspot when installing mods. Thanks for the help.

Question is there any way my girlfriend, while having the mod installed on the launcher join my game and have the mod installed or how can I make this happen? So it's just us two in this mod online? Basically asking how do I start a co-op game with my gf and I. When using vanilla she can just join my game through steam. But when using the launcher it doesn't work. What's the work around? Is there an easier way than installing all the server files and all that?

I get this error when trying to launch the game from the mod launcher? How do I fix this? https://imgur.com/a/brEWiSk

This error is being generated by windows, saying that the file is locked, or in-use. Common reasons for that would be either the file was open for edit elsewhere, anti-virus was scanning it, or windows was doing something else with it.

If you have anti-virus or anti-spyware, I'd suggest adding an exclusion to the top level folder, like C:\7D2D in your case.

Question is there any way my girlfriend, while having the mod installed on the launcher join my game and have the mod installed or how can I make this happen? So it's just us two in this mod online? Basically asking how do I start a co-op game with my gf and I. When using vanilla she can just join my game through steam. But when using the launcher it doesn't work. What's the work around? Is there an easier way than installing all the server files and all that?

There's a two main ways:

1) In the game's Multiplayer screen, enter in your IP address and the port, to allow a direct connect.

2) Add the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe ( https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DModLauncher.exe ) to Steam as a non-Steam game. Then launch the mod launcher from steam. Open your overlay (SHIFT-TAB) and try to join that way

- - - Updated - - -

It's my ISP blocking it. I connected to my hotspot instead on my phone and it loads fine now. Guess I am using my hotspot when installing mods. Thanks for the help.

I am sorry that this is the awkward solution for you. I've found a few ISPs that have been hostile to github links in the past, and there's not that many ways around it.

There's a two main ways:

1) In the game's Multiplayer screen, enter in your IP address and the port, to allow a direct connect.

2) Add the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe ( https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/7D2DModLauncher.exe ) to Steam as a non-Steam game. Then launch the mod launcher from steam. Open your overlay (SHIFT-TAB) and try to join that way

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry that this is the awkward solution for you. I've found a few ISPs that have been hostile to github links in the past, and there's not that many ways around it.

Thank you!!! The second option worked wonderfully! :)

and I fixed the error. I reinstalled the game and it worked!

Launcher has stopped loading the mods. I have uninstalled and reloaded the launcher. I have added the mod folder and 7D2D launcher to my anti-virus exception list. This satarted only yesterday. This is the log, any ideas please:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 8/09/2018 21:10:29

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - ==================================================

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Done reading remote server list.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: d:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading d:/program files (x86)/steam\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: E:\\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - GroupName or Server Name does not exist yet.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error reading from Default List: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.loadExamplesToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Error reading from Default List: System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.GetRecentChanges()

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Logo: System.Drawing.Bitmap

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updated TreeView Mods

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.loadExamplesToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking for EAC...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting Default Checked for EAC

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - EAC Check complete.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Default Location from Default.Location: E:\7D2D

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting Sync Folder to: E:\7D2D

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain -

Edited by Retsof123 (see edit history)

Launcher has stopped loading the mods. I have uninstalled and reloaded the launcher. I have added the mod folder and 7D2D launcher to my anti-virus exception list. This satarted only yesterday. This is the log, any ideas please:

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - New Start - 8/09/2018 21:10:29

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Udating Remote Server list

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Done reading remote server list.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: d:\\program files (x86)\\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading d:/program files (x86)/steam\Config\config.vdf file for alternate Steam files

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking Steam Path: E:\\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting up Default View

at _7D2DLauncher.frmMain.GetRecentChanges()

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updating TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Logo: System.Drawing.Bitmap

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Updated TreeView Mods

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Checking for EAC...

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting Default Checked for EAC

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - EAC Check complete.

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Reading Default Location from Default.Location: E:\7D2D

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain - Setting Sync Folder to: E:\7D2D

INFO 1 _7D2DLauncher.frmMain -

Seems like something is blocking the launcher from reading the list. Can you click on Disable SSL, and restart the mod launcher?