The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

sphereii

Have you installed .NET 4.7.2: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56116

Your saves should be here: %APPDATA%\7DaysToDie\Saves

Ugh. That's empty. I don't know how I lost my game :(

Yes I have .NET 4.7.2 or later installed.

I thought I told 7D2D Mod Launcher to save games locally to the run directory or something?

I've since uninstalled the Launcher - would that have removed them?

Edited by Loftus (see edit history)

If you used a local save, you may find them under D:\7D2D\Saves?

OK so I think I found it.

D:\7D2D\Saves\Undead Legacy\Undead Legacy Bigger Backpack\Random Gen\UndeadLegacy2018

I am just going to re-install windows. It's about time I did anyway. To back up this game, which directory level do I need to copy to a safe location?

Thanks again!

OK so I think I found it.

D:\7D2D\Saves\Undead Legacy\Undead Legacy Bigger Backpack\Random Gen\UndeadLegacy2018

I am just going to re-install windows. It's about time I did anyway. To back up this game, which directory level do I need to copy to a safe location?

Thanks again!

D:\ should be safe. You shouldn't have to format it.

If you wanted to avoid formatting, you could try the zip file: https://7d2dlauncher.blob.core.windows.net/installer/Release.zip

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3186539/the-microsoft-net-framework-4-7-for-windows-8-1-windows-rt-8-1-and-win

If you aren't on 8.1, there is no help. You should be on 8.1 though. That version of 4.7 is for 8.1.

Thanks SylenThunder

For those who are on Windows 8, and wants to update to Windows 8.1 (free update), here is a link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/15288/windows-8-update-to-windows-8-1

Hello, I installed the mod launcher last night and everything works great, since I am on windows 7 I used the easy fix tool to enable TLS and now I find today that all of my other games are running a bit worse than they were before I enabled it. Is there an easy to way to disable it? or should I run a system restore point back up?

Hello, I installed the mod launcher last night and everything works great, since I am on windows 7 I used the easy fix tool to enable TLS and now I find today that all of my other games are running a bit worse than they were before I enabled it. Is there an easy to way to disable it? or should I run a system restore point back up?

I'm not sure how disabling TLS would have adversely affected the performance of your system, especially for games. It basically allowed the computer to talk a new encryption language.

Something else may have affected your system. Have you ran a spyware check lately? updated any drivers lately?

Where can I find an older version of the launcher, specifically version 1.0.5.1? I run an older version of Windows 10 and it does not support .NET 4.7.1. Thanks!

I can dig up a previous version. Was there a particular reason you were holding back on Windows 10 updates?

I can dig up a previous version. Was there a particular reason you were holding back on Windows 10 updates?

One of the games that I play runs very poorly on newer versions of Windows 10, so I never updated my Windows. If you could please upload the previous version of the launcher I would greatly appreciate it!

Anyone have a link to a step by step video on how to combine multiple mods? I simply want to use two different UI mods, the big backpack and the SIRMOD UI, together in the same game. I don't understand how to do that.

Anyone have a link to a step by step video on how to combine multiple mods? I simply want to use two different UI mods, the big backpack and the SIRMOD UI, together in the same game. I don't understand how to do that.

Combining mods is a bit tricky. You need to be familiar with the mod, the UI, and the bigger back pack.

The mod launcher can combine mods that don't conflict with each other, but with a bigger back pack, there's a connection between the UI, the backpack size, and the mod's custom workstations. Unless a UI specifically says that it supports a bigger back pack, it may be really challenging to combine it.

ok, I think I figured it out.. sort of stupid actually..

for some reason the launcher was not the current version and was not asking to update.

it was version 1.0.4.6, hey what do I know that it needed a new version. I uninstalled it.

and deleted every thing left over from that version.

and got version 1.0.5.2 running and now it will do the sync without errors.

I had the dot net install 4.7.2 etc before.. for what ever reason nothing indicated it needed a newer launcher version.

ok, I think I figured it out.. sort of stupid actually..

for some reason the launcher was not the current version and was not asking to update.

it was version 1.0.4.6, hey what do I know that it needed a new version. I uninstalled it.

and deleted every thing left over from that version.

and got version 1.0.5.2 running and now it will do the sync without errors.

I had the dot net install 4.7.2 etc before.. for what ever reason nothing indicated it needed a newer launcher version.

If you had added the 7d2dlauncher (the desktop shortcut) to Steam, the updates may have been blocked. If you download the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe from the first post, you can add that to steam, and it'll allow updates.

I 've been having a problem with the Mod Launcher. I click the desktop icon, it does its updater thing then nothing. It's been 3 days and i can't get it to work. I am running Win 10 and downloaded the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe. Any help is appreciated, Thank you

I 've been having a problem with the Mod Launcher. I click the desktop icon, it does its updater thing then nothing. It's been 3 days and i can't get it to work. I am running Win 10 and downloaded the 7d2dmodlauncher.exe. Any help is appreciated, Thank you

Sorry for the trouble. The most common issue with it not starting is because the one click cache is corrupted.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/2713442/clickonce-application-fails-to-update

To delete the ClickOnce file cache delete the contents of this folder based on the operating system.

Windows XP and Server 2003 - %userprofile%\Local Settings\Apps\2.0\*.*

Windows Vista and Server 2008 and later - %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\*.*

Deleting these files will clear the information for all installed ClickOnce applications. They will re-install the next time their shortcut or URLs are used.