radiated zombie

ChickenWings

Day 41, saw this thing on the roof.  A radiated zombie I take it?  Shot it with an arrow from a distance to see what happens, man that thing took off running right at me!   So I decided to do the same, run like hell!  That thing would not forget about me, I managed to go down 3 floors without breaking a leg, out on the street, stopped and looked back and out it came running like a mofo right at me, boy was that thing mad!    Ran back to my base, forgot to energize the power line to freeze it, but manage to get a lucky shot I think at it's head with a blunderbus, 2nd pic.   I was expecting the line to freeze it, and it ran right through at me!  I panic shot and for once in a gazillion years hit something like that with the blunderbus, usually those don't end well lol.

3rd pic is a close up, just some type of regular radiated zombie?  (not a feral)  If ferals come as radiated I shudder to think what those are like. 

Day 42 horde is next!  No crucible found yet.  But I do have a rifle and smg with scopes.

A19.6_2021-10-23_10-40-46.jpg

A19.6_2021-10-23_10-43-42.jpg

A19.6_2021-10-23_10-43-57.jpg

In A19 Radiateds are the next step above Feral in spawn difficulty for the generic zombies, like the zombie Bo you have there. If you're talking about Feral Wights then yes, there is a radiated version of them but those should not start showing up for several levels.

17 minutes ago, 7daystodierocks said:

there is also feral irradiateds and demolishers :)

Unmodded it is tiered as I laid out. Some game mods, like Darkness Falls among others, change radiated from a spawn difficulty tier to a status effect of the zombies themselves.

3 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Day 42 and still rolling with a blundy? Yikes. That's like an intentional handicap at that point. Lol.

Was thinking along the same lines... same goes for the level 2 bat.  Just goes to show it's more about skill than gear.  :p

4 hours ago, bdubyah said:

Day 42 and still rolling with a blundy? Yikes. That's like an intentional handicap at that point. Lol.

34 minutes ago, Maharin said:

Was thinking along the same lines... same goes for the level 2 bat.  Just goes to show it's more about skill than gear.  :p

Probably a builder/miner if the concrete pillars on their base are any indication.

4 hours ago, hiemfire said:

/shrug 1 stone to repair either so they could be exceptionally frugal as well.

Yes easy to repair, and I also don't run out of stamina so fast either.  Early on I found I could mine much faster with a stone ax vs an iron pickaxe.  I suppose I should check again now and see.  And yeah the easy to repair is nice.

21 hours ago, bdubyah said:

I know right?  I've carried it for so long I can't give it up now.  Plus it makes a nice loud boom when it goes off 🙂

Not a miner or a builder, just trying to survive in the wasteland without a death.  I do think I will start packing my smg now though, starting to see a lot of zombies with those yellow eyes and they move pretty quick 🙂    1st pic is base from a distance, 2nd pic is some of my crops growing, and 3rd pic is on the roof.  Nothing fancy as you can tell.

A19.6_2021-10-24_20-58-24.jpg

A19.6_2021-10-24_20-58-31.jpg

A19.6_2021-10-24_20-58-56.jpg