This game BADLY needs Steam Workshop integration

geengaween

On 9/4/2021 at 5:00 PM, SenpaiThatIngnoresYou said:

I have mixed feelings on easy to use mods. On one hand it's great, no headaches, jump right in and away you go. But on the other hand mod troubleshooting develops marketable skills. Being able to figure out which mod i screwed up based off of when the errors are showing up on game load has been useful in my work. Understanding how xml works becoming more important now. It's getting complicated out there, and muddling through unity issues has taught me quite a bit. 

Looks like someone was confused by why i think modding is important. Have some nightmare fuel. 

Garland thought it would be an easy fix. She asked each student where they’d saved their project. Could they be on the desktop? Perhaps in the shared drive? But over and over, she was met with confusion. “What are you talking about?” multiple students inquired. Not only did they not know where their files were saved — they didn’t understand the question.

This was an astrophysics class. 

https://www.theverge.com/22684730/students-file-folder-directory-structure-education-gen-z

It's more to have a central place to get mods from and vote on the best of all time. Yes the supereasy click-to-install function is great but I personally don't have any problems installing mods to my game, it's probably as easy as it could possibly get already, without some kind of dedicated mod manager.

I'm looking forward to a time when Steam Workshop has things like quest packs that you can download 50 trader quests with interesting little mini-stories behind them that will help to flesh out the world. "My sister needs baby formula for my new niece, please help us survivor", "my best friend went missing in X biome, find him alive or bring back his satchel if he's dead", things like that.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Slaasher said:

I've never really understood this. Why does the game ever have to be "done"? Keep putting features in until the end of time. 

Sorry…I should have said that once their obligation to the original Kickstarter promises is complete and they have finished replacing all placeholder assets and features with final polished versions, then they will continue to update the game with extra goodies until the end of time. 

One of those extra goodies will be Steam Workshop support.

Better?