Anyone else have trouble finding acid after investing in lucky looter?

CiberX15

Maybe this is just the random roll of the dice, but for me at least, it seems like the higher my lucky looter skill (and or if I am using items that increase that skill) the less likely I am to find acid. Which seems counter intuitive? This has been across 3 long running games, where I find the most acid in the first few days of the game, then, slowly it becomes super rare. To the point that I am wondering if acid is misplaced on the loot tables or something? Like, does the game consider a level 5 axe better then acid, and thus the higher my lucky looting is the more likely it will give me the axe rather then the acid?

Asking to see if anyone else has had similar experiences, or if the RNG just hates me X D

Just now, BFT2020 said:

No it is there.  What you really need is the book the increases your chance to find acid when looting.  It is one of the lucky looter books I believe.

Lol.. that's kind of a catch 22 there. If only the RNG would provide me with the book to provide better RNG...

In any case I'm not saying I don't find any acid. It just feels less likely the higher my lucky looter skill is. Or maybe the higher my game stage is?

As someone that invests in lucky looter early, acid is really rng. Some games I have 30 during the first week, some games I’m lucky to find 1 in the first week. When looking and really needing acid, I hit anywhere with a lot of bathrooms and kitchens. The condo bulidings and motels, at least for me, are fabulous sources.

21 hours ago, Star69 said:

As someone that invests in lucky looter early, acid is really rng. Some games I have 30 during the first week, some games I’m lucky to find 1 in the first week. When looking and really needing acid, I hit anywhere with a lot of bathrooms and kitchens. The condo bulidings and motels, at least for me, are fabulous sources.

So does the lucky looter skill not effect acid drop rate at all then?

2 hours ago, CiberX15 said:

So does the lucky looter skill not effect acid drop rate at all then?

Not that I've noticed but I haven't looked at the code to know for sure. It was my understanding that all that lucky looter did was give a boost to finding better quality items, not that it caused items with no quality to drop more often.

Acid is not a gamestage-scaled loot item, so Lucky Looter doesn't affect it. If you search a container which can contain Acid, then your RNG chances are the same every time you search that type of container. Here are the containers which can give Acid, and the chance of finding it in a single search.

Sinks are your friend. Also medical piles (I think medical piles and cars require that you read one of the Wasteland Treasures books).

Block Name Chance for Acid
cntCabinetOldSink 13.64%
cntGraniteSink 13.64%
cntMedicalPileLarge 12.60%
cntUtilityCartFull 9.81%
cntMedicalPileMedium 7.20%
cntLootCrateLabEquipment 6.36%
cntGarageStorage 5.10%
cntMedicalPileSmall 3.60%
cntCollapsedChemistryStation 2.16%
cntBusSchool 1.53%
cntCar03SedanDamage0Master 1.53%
cntCar03SedanDamage1Master 1.53%
cntGarageStorage 0.49%
cntLootCrateMoPowerElectronics 0.30%
cntLootCrateWorkingStiffs 0.30%

(Numbers based on A19 b180, which was a few point releases ago. I don't think probabilities have changed much if at all since then.)

Edited by Boidster (see edit history)