Should zombie appearances be more varied?

geengaween

Should zombie appearances be more varied?   

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the current zombie system and designs?

• Yes, I like them as they are: repeating clones of distinct individuals, like Killing Floor
    • No (specify why in comments)
    • I don't care, zombie appearance doesn't matter to me

12 minutes ago, Maharin said:

They need a zombie that looks and moves like that girl from The Ring.

Oh no, no, no... I'm getting along in years and I've had my share of heart stops and jumps in this game thank you very much 🙂

spacer.png

On a serious note, isn't the screamer kinda like her?

45 minutes ago, Maharin said:

They need a zombie that looks and moves like that girl from The Ring.

100% agree, it should hang out in industrial buildings and dark remnant ruins. Give players a reason to fear going into that Shotgun Messiah factory.

13 hours ago, Matt115 said:

1. Yeah i can agee with that but this more mechanic that setting for example : in cod when you choose knife you run faster that with rpg but you still have this same wage . i know there is much stupid things like germans have ppsh etc but they try to be realistic : zombies have proper winter helmets , you can find sdk 222 on die eisendrachen, you can find tigers tank in nza 1 2 or trilogy ( 4 go into much alternative way ) or logical stuff in bunker right? 

2. If i good remember L4D2  valve team just "take" charger idea from forum ( it was looking exactly this same) , tf 2 have cominity updates , biding of issac get items from antibirth etc So if they "open" section : put what you want and maybe we will use something it will be legal if they put it in terms and there will be proof this was created by for example "wolo3124gaming" and is not assect bought somewhere or stolen. Ofc Law in USA is diffrent that in UE but probably it it possible.

3 in night there is not enought time to changing ( and you put brightness as you see counturs) ammo types right? ofc there are some diffrents like radioactive ( and you don't know the model only the green colour) ,  cop ( he is fat and it hard to mistake it antithing exept fat mama zombie) ,  spider ( but you see him because he is jumping like hunter from l4d) , bird is bird . Soldier , biker survivor etc like almost this same posture almost are this same. some in night i just keep to shot them down . In l4d2 for example we have common and uncommon, unocommon  zombies  looks enought diffrent that normal zombies but some of them have variants like : hazmats have 3 diffrent of colour of their suit and diffrent faces , workers have diffrent colour vest ( dirty yellow and green) etc .  Did you saw new fat cop model ? you can make variants : w/with cap, blue or white thirt , with or without tie and they will be looking diffrent but you can still easy recognise them . i don;t have idea for another versions of feral. But we can now take soldier : winter, desert or woodland camo , with beret helmet or wounded  with one shoes or barefoot and it you will know this is a soldier but it will looks diffrent. For new types of special zombies riot zombie can have black armour or blue in prison. Bandit can have scrap or iron armor there will looks diffrent but you know  it its a bandit zombie type. i have some idea for "uncommon" zombies and some of them can be rly logical and diffrent enought.

Sorry for gramma mistakes i have some types disturbends , even in my languages i'm making a lot of mistake which is a little bit anoying but i can't do anything with this so sorry 😅 

You might not have enough time to change ammo but you could have a gun for armorless targets and a gun for armored targets in your toolbelt.

Also another important part is who to target first and who last (hard hitting zombies first). Or even which zombies are ok to melee and which ones you want to gun down.

But hey, we don't have to agree, our priorities are just different. And while I voted yes, it is a very mild yes, I shoot anything that is declared as a zombie no matter how it looks 😁

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

You might not have enough time to change ammo but you could have a gun for armorless targets and a gun for armored targets in your toolbelt.

Also another important part is who to target first and who last (hard hitting zombies first). Or even which zombies are ok to melee and which ones you want to gun down.

But hey, we don't have to agree, our priorities are just different. And while I voted yes, it is a very mild yes, I shoot anything that is declared as a zombie no matter how it looks 😁

I know i know. My point on this is to find a logical and extensive solution , which could be good proposition for TFP right? So i thinks the best way is to mix this two solutions into one - creating zombie groups - my proposition :

normal zombies - normal civilians (random non job clothes like pjamas tshirt etc ), doctors , postman, stipper , cook , factory worker, civilian pilot, rich bussines guys etc

uncommon - ( have something special but they are still more like normal) - welder with wedling mask ( head armor) - diffrents colurs of their clothes , labs patients ( bleeding and stun immunity) , zombie children ( small so harder to kill but less hp) if it is too much controversial you can made them teens like ellie from the last of us (16-18 yo) ( a little bit shortert that normal zombie - perfect in high shool , farms , in some houses) , firefighter ( fire immunity) , runner ( guy who looks like typical runner) - faster movment and can jumping highter that normal zombie, burn victiom

Weak zombies - weak and slow ( i thinking just make some unusual but weaker zombie can give a little bit diffrent right? only more powerfull will be not logic )- starved hobo, starved student ( in schools - they were students but they stuck in class one of them was infected , they couldn't get out - they now are emaciated zombies.  Burned zombie - similar to burn victim but they don't burn and can't set player on fire. Dried zombie - survivor who died on dessert - looks like dried corpses. Wild zombie- teens who loves nature most of them are from farms and run  away when zombie attacked- they tried to survive on wild but  infection , murky water killed them - now they are emacited plant fibber or in animal skinn often barefoot and wouded zombies.  

loot zombies they dropping stuff - hobo ( diffrents clothes and hats) can drop junk, cans , hobo stew pills bone knife,  zombie survivior (  zombies with diffrent backpack) - can drope gun parts, cans water pills books crubile etc. , hunter ( leather duster) can dropp hunting rifle steel or iron knife  books seeds. soldier medic - zombie from 2 groups - hard to kill but have a lot of medic stuff and books. Support soldier - simlar but they dropping a lot of ammo and explosive stuff

tought zombie 4 subgroups

1. hardhit - can make a big dmg and have a loot of hp -   lumberjack ( diffrent colour of they  flannel shirts and w/with hat and beard) , biker - diffrent clothes and tatoos some with beard some without.  stong man - ( tops big musless some with tatoos) , prisoner 

2. melee armor ( they get bigger protection against meele and bows and spears attack) - scrap armor zombie ( diffrent coulr of armors emblems small detals like diffrent wound etc) , iron armor zombie , hazmat ( diffrent colors and some have broken gasmask some big hole in their suits etc, steel armor zombie , riot police ( diffrent wounds ,  some with helmets and too colour variant -  city black armour and prison blue armor)

3 range armor ( they get bigger protection against guns and crossbown ) -  survivor in bulletproff jacket, bodyguard and cop (they are this same stats but diffrent models  ), soldier ( diffrent military clothes ( some have berrets some helmets some in military gasmask etc) and diffrent camos), PMC ( simlar to soldier but they have black camo and nightvisions so they are harded to spot in night or in bunker .

4 Mix of this groups - bandit chef hit hard and have melee armor, zombie sergant hit hard and range armor, PMC heavy - slow can't run but have a melee and range armor hit hard and lot of hp 

special zombies - zombies with special skills - spider zombie , dog zombie , feral , footballer zombie , fat cop, screemer etc my proposition - demolisher -  big zombie with chains looks like prisoner have big bonus to destroy blocks but they are rly rare.  Unstabile fat  - drowned zombie he is simlar to fat cop but they can only explode but he don't destoy block - his explosion do big dmg can infected and stunned. Acid- looks like weak pacient but he have a ill green skin and have  range attack like fat cop but he is much weaker. half zombie - soldiers who gets valid vaccine - they can shoot with their guns  but he can't reload - so if they guns are empty they attack like normal soldier zombie ( diffrent danger - soldier with pistol is less dangerous that with shotgun or mp5 - they don't have m60 rpg or sniper rifler or revolvers because ballance ) 

All of them have diffrent clothes , armor blood or dirty variants

Edited by Matt115 (see edit history)

Variety is good.  Gives more life to the world.

It is, however at the very bottom of the list of things I would like to see.  About the only think I think needs to be done with zed models to finish the game is have them all one resolution.  I would not really care if they went back to the old models in truth, though the new ones are better, rather than finishing all the high res models.  It just does not matter.