Wasteland is more dangerous to loot in now.

ElCabong

I found that out just recently.  I cleared a Tier 5 (Shotgun Messiah) in the wasteland biome and used the rest of the day and night to loot / salvage the site.

I ended up fighting off multiple hordes consisting of wights, ferals, radiated, cops, screamers.  And the Game manager decided to throw in dogs and zombie bears at the same time (and when I say bears, I mean I ended up fighting off at least 7 (I lost count).   When I popped out to load up my 4X4 with loot, I saw the 3 zombie bears that had spawned right next to it and said "No thanks, I am going to hide and cry now."

By 3 am, I had climbed up to a high spot next to a support beam with only 20 rounds left in my SMG and nothing for my assault rifle.  Used up all my health items (5 painkillers and 5 first aid bandages).   At that point, I waited until morning.

I LOVED IT!  😁

35 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

I found that out just recently.  I cleared a Tier 5 (Shotgun Messiah) in the wasteland biome and used the rest of the day and night to loot / salvage the site.

I ended up fighting off multiple hordes consisting of wights, ferals, radiated, cops, screamers.  And the Game manager decided to throw in dogs and zombie bears at the same time (and when I say bears, I mean I ended up fighting off at least 7 (I lost count).   When I popped out to load up my 4X4 with loot, I saw the 3 zombie bears that had spawned right next to it and said "No thanks, I am going to hide and cry now."

By 3 am, I had climbed up to a high spot next to a support beam with only 20 rounds left in my SMG and nothing for my assault rifle.  Used up all my health items (5 painkillers and 5 first aid bandages).   At that point, I waited until morning.

I LOVED IT!  😁

You're lucky! You found a a safe place to wait for morning. I was in a basement and there were like four ferals and a cop waiting in line for the three dogs in my face. I got into a hole in the wall to avoid the cop puke and had no place to go.

They killed me when I had to reload. I went down fighting.

It's been this way for all of A19 as far as I can tell, possibly earlier.  It is FAR more dangerous there at night but even the daytime has its surprises.  The looting isn't any better that I can tell, but will be in A20 once they add in biome bonuses to game stage.

4 hours ago, Canute said:

Not to speak about the landmine's you will encounter (and never notice) when you leave the streets or POI area..

I never visit the wasteland until I find the one book allowing you to step on the landmines.  I have enough time avoiding the concrete blocks and steel i beams on the ground.  I would definitely hit the mines

Well.

Turns out im playing in a map i generated... and i made it to be the Wasteland all over. What a brilliant idea i just had 😆

Then I can confirm as well that it doesnt hold back on you: i literaly had wandering Cops before the first Blood Moon (7th day). I was like, hmm, that's odd, my gamestage is really not that high to have Cops so early... 🤔 Now i know why. That's not mentioning the higher occurence of bears, dogs and ferals Zs. And feral Wights. And i just passed my 2nd Blood Moon, my gamestage is barely 50. 😳

11 minutes ago, Kyonshi said:

Well.

Turns out im playing in a map i generated... and i made it to be the Wasteland all over. What a brilliant idea i just had 😆

Then I can confirm as well that it doesnt hold back on you: i literaly had wandering Cops before the first Blood Moon (7th day). I was like, hmm, that's odd, my gamestage is really not that high to have Cops so early... 🤔 Now i know why. That's not mentioning the higher occurence of bears, dogs and ferals Zs. And feral Wights. And i just passed my 2nd Blood Moon, my gamestage is barely 50. 😳

Yeah, whatever they did it is definitely a LOT harder there.  The zombies are non-stop at night and it can be a real death loop early on.  :p

1 hour ago, Maharin said:

Yeah, whatever they did it is definitely a LOT harder there.  The zombies are non-stop at night and it can be a real death loop early on.  :p

Definitely. Might i add that i dont have Traders, no loot respawn and Delete All my stuff on death, which already happened once (i had back up stuff but still, it was a hard hit to take)

I went into a store, at street-level, during a night loot run, to shut off some Zs and i kid out not, the brief ruckus brought me 2 fat Hawaiians (the new skin is dis-gus-ting, its glorious), a Biker, Lois and a Spider Z, who cornered me so quickly, i literaly screamed and jumped on my chair, out of stupefaction. I paused the game to assess the situation 😂 I never saw this coming and i repeat, im not that high in gamestage (i was at 40ish?). I freaked out. I unpaused the game and tried to quick-react with my level 1 Pistol and Double-Barrel lol.

I managed to kill the Biker as i took refuge in a 2-block wide closet haha! I slammed the door as i thought i was safe to reload and use bandages. But then i was hit on the legs : the damn Spider Z managed to sneak in to deliver the killing blow.

God i got @%$#ed so bad.

Surely the best game i had so far. 👌

14 hours ago, Maharin said:

The looting isn't any better that I can tell, but will be in A20 once they add in biome bonuses to game stage.

That gamestage boost will affect loot AND enemies. So if you think it's dangerous now....

2 hours ago, Roland said:

That gamestage boost will affect loot AND enemies. So if you think it's dangerous now....

According to the descriptions here (and my own observations) the gamestage boost for enemies is already in the game. Granted it may be by a different mechanism. So I don't expect there to be much more danger from enemies in A20

Archived