Snufkin's Custom Server Side Zombies - PLUS (A20)

arramus

On 7/2/2021 at 10:08 PM, chikuwa said:

Thanks for the great mod.
I'm having a lot of fun playing.
By the way, is there a way to turn the wonderful special zombies you create into a wasteland and Blood Moon-only spawn?
Even if I modify it, it doesn't work 

By deleting or <!--commenting out--> entries in the entitygroups.xml (you can see some lines tagged this way already, it will remove them from spawning. You mentioned that even if you modify it, it doesn't work. I don't know if you are commenting out but if so, be careful not to have a <!-- start point with <!-- 14 from Plus Snufkin Mod --> and then a close point after that -->. It will not be commented out with the correct syntax even if it appears to be. Wherever you start a comment out <!-- there must be a closing --> to avoid potential issues.

If you are still facing issues, consider backing up the original, and deleting entries manually for everything except anything related to Wasteland and feralHordeStage. If you get lost, you can share what you are doing in here, even if it is long, as a spoiler.

10 hours ago, magejosh said:

Ok that specific problem I've not had but I've had some situations where I thought that was the case.

Id look into any other mods which may be remove and replacing zombies hands that loads after this one alphabetically. 

Or even easier, id just rename the modlet folder to have a zz at the beginning and try loading the client and a fresh game to see if you get the errors. If that produces errors, try changing the zz into aa.

One of those has a high chance of fixing the compatibility issues. 

Otherwise feel free to share your output log or modlet list and I'll see if I can spot any compatibility issues. 

I've been developing my overhaul and this modlet is one of my first choices for a must include. It's also caused It's fair share of compatibility NREs with the other 221 modlets in my server side overhaul. For fear or causing more I've manually updated my copy with the new releases the last 2 times It's been updated. 

Well i dont know what caused the problem on my game but as far as im concerned it may have been fixed somehow with the few updates the mod has recieved since i encountered the problem. I say this because i already had my other mods reinstalled when i installed the snufkin's EnZombies mod and it works perfectly.

9 hours ago, arramus said:

By deleting or <!--commenting out--> entries in the entitygroups.xml (you can see some lines tagged this way already, it will remove them from spawning. You mentioned that even if you modify it, it doesn't work. I don't know if you are commenting out but if so, be careful not to have a <!-- start point with <!-- 14 from Plus Snufkin Mod --> and then a close point after that -->. It will not be commented out with the correct syntax even if it appears to be. Wherever you start a comment out <!-- there must be a closing --> to avoid potential issues.

If you are still facing issues, consider backing up the original, and deleting entries manually for everything except anything related to Wasteland and feralHordeStage. If you get lost, you can share what you are doing in here, even if it is long, as a spoiler.

Arramus I know some of us but not all of us know how to change codes in the mod and I know it would take time but could it be possible to make a horde night only version of this mod for players who want more challenging horde nights. I'm not saying yall should do it I only mentioned it because its not a bad idea but all I can say at this point is yall can form your own opinions on it.

6 hours ago, AndrewT said:

but could it be possible to make a horde night only version of this mod for players who want more challenging horde nights.

Adding both a 'horde night only' version and a 'no horde night' version is not too much to ask and will be included in the next update.

And here is the next update.

https://github.com/arramus/SnufkinCustomZombiesPLUS-A19-2021July04

This version introduces the Tipsy Pink Squatch. This gives a running mate to the Tipsy Squatch and they'll be seen together from time to time.

20210704183549_1.thumb.jpg.a9c16ed1e15bcb3ec2fe4963e5ca8463.jpg

In addition, there is a new folder called 'Server Admin Spawning Options'. This contains additional entitygroup options for Server Admin who want to replace the default version. They offer the following options:

- entitygroups_lite_no_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config to reduce spawning)
This is a lighter version with less spawning in regular game and zero spawning during horde night.

- entitygroups_lite_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config to reduce spawning)
This is a lighter version with less spawning in regular game and default spawning during horde night.

- entitygroups_no_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config)
This is the default with no spawning during horde night.

- entitygroups_only_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config)
This version will only spawn during horde night.

For any other variety, Server Admin can always ask in this thread.

On 7/4/2021 at 3:23 AM, arramus said:

This version introduces the Tipsy Pink Squatch. This gives a running mate to the Tipsy Squatch and they'll be seen together from time to time.

the perfect couple! lol. will there be some jealousy drama between pink squatch and forestCamo zombie? tune in next time to find out......

On 7/4/2021 at 3:53 AM, arramus said:

Adding both a 'horde night only' version and a 'no horde night' version is not too much to ask and will be included in the next update.

Hey man I mentioned this idea before now I don't know if it could be possible but tell me what u think. So you know how many bosses in various games new and old have body parts or machines (mostly in the form of weapons) that can be destroyed separately to make the boss less deadly. my idea is could it be possible for certain zombies such as the scorcher for example to have its flamethrower fuel barrels explode when shot similar to how limbs and heads can be destroyed?

Hi @arramus and anyone who might know:

Using the example of the Hell Lion zombie below - where in the game's folders or bundle files do those items cowSkullPrefab, animalVultureStandard, and pumpkinJackoLanternPrefab reside? I'm hoping to find where these item names are being pulled so I can explore what other related items there are, and try to attach them to the zombies. These items appear to be coming from a path called "Entities/" ?

In contrast, I am able to work with the items like ClubIronPrefab and ClubIronPrefab (as referenced in the XML below) because they are being pulled from the path "#Other/Items" which maps to the game's "data/bundles/other/" folder. Using the Unity Assets Bundle Extractor tool, I can then see and experiment with other items like bone shivs, torches, shovels, etc that are part of that same bundle file. 

Any guidance would be awesome. 😎

<buff name="helllionDeco" hidden="true">
	<effect_group>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="Entities/OutdoorDecor/cowSkullPrefab" local_offset="0,0.1,0.1" local_rotation="30,0,0" parent_transform="Head"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachParticleEffectToEntity" particle="torch02_firePrefab" local_offset=".1,0.05,0.2" local_rotation="90,0,180" parent_transform="Head"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="particleeffects/torch02_firePrefab" local_offset="-.1,0.05,0.2" local_rotation="90,0,180" parent_transform="Head"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/ClubIron/ClubIronPrefab.prefab" local_offset="-0.05,0.2,-0.25" local_rotation="0,0,180" parent_transform="Head"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="Entities/Animals/Vulture/animalVultureStandard" local_offset="0,0,0" local_rotation="90,0,0" parent_transform="Spine"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="#Entities/Zombies?Zombies/zombieStandardSpiderRagdoll.prefab" local_offset="0,0.15,-0.2" local_rotation="0,0,0" parent_transform="Spine2"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/ClubIron/ClubIronPrefab.prefab" local_offset="0.13,0,0.4" local_rotation="0,90,-180" parent_transform="Spine3"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="Entities/Plants/pumpkinJackoLanternPrefab" local_offset="0,0.54,0.33" local_rotation="30,0,0" parent_transform="Spine"/>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

5 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Hey man I mentioned this idea before now I don't know if it could be possible but tell me what u think. So you know how many bosses in various games new and old have body parts or machines (mostly in the form of weapons) that can be destroyed separately to make the boss less deadly. my idea is could it be possible for certain zombies such as the scorcher for example to have its flamethrower fuel barrels explode when shot similar to how limbs and heads can be destroyed?

It may well be worth posting this in the mods Discussions and Requests area to ensure modders who have this level of capability can consider it. An interesting boss level battle formula for sure.

5 hours ago, ErrorNull said:

Hi @arramus and anyone who might know:

Using the example of the Hell Lion zombie below - where in the game's folders or bundle files do those items cowSkullPrefab, animalVultureStandard, and pumpkinJackoLanternPrefab reside? I'm hoping to find where these item names are being pulled so I can explore what other related items there are, and try to attach them to the zombies. These items appear to be coming from a path called "Entities/" ?

In contrast, I am able to work with the items like ClubIronPrefab and ClubIronPrefab (as referenced in the XML below) because they are being pulled from the path "#Other/Items" which maps to the game's "data/bundles/other/" folder. Using the Unity Assets Bundle Extractor tool, I can then see and experiment with other items like bone shivs, torches, shovels, etc that are part of that same bundle file. 

Any guidance would be awesome. 😎

<buff name="helllionDeco" hidden="true">
	<effect_group>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="Entities/OutdoorDecor/cowSkullPrefab" local_offset="0,0.1,0.1" local_rotation="30,0,0" parent_transform="Head"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachParticleEffectToEntity" particle="torch02_firePrefab" local_offset=".1,0.05,0.2" local_rotation="90,0,180" parent_transform="Head"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="particleeffects/torch02_firePrefab" local_offset="-.1,0.05,0.2" local_rotation="90,0,180" parent_transform="Head"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/ClubIron/ClubIronPrefab.prefab" local_offset="-0.05,0.2,-0.25" local_rotation="0,0,180" parent_transform="Head"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="Entities/Animals/Vulture/animalVultureStandard" local_offset="0,0,0" local_rotation="90,0,0" parent_transform="Spine"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="#Entities/Zombies?Zombies/zombieStandardSpiderRagdoll.prefab" local_offset="0,0.15,-0.2" local_rotation="0,0,0" parent_transform="Spine2"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="#Other/Items?Weapons/Melee/ClubIron/ClubIronPrefab.prefab" local_offset="0.13,0,0.4" local_rotation="0,90,-180" parent_transform="Spine3"/>
		<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="AttachPrefabToEntity" prefab="Entities/Plants/pumpkinJackoLanternPrefab" local_offset="0,0.54,0.33" local_rotation="30,0,0" parent_transform="Spine"/>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

I can't help you on this one as it was an oakraven build. However, cowSkullPrefab, animalVultureStandard, and  pumpkinJackoLanternPrefab may well have been pulled directly from the blocks and entity xmls from within the game and tweaked where the path needed further edits using precedence or trial and error. I'm not sure how many of the game files remain obfuscated as I have not explored unpacking in any great detail.

Thanks for the nice mod!
There are various players on my server.
Someone left my server for fear of the strong zombies, but some others are bored with weak zombies and need to strong zombies.

Is it difficult to modify this mod to make strong zombies appear only Wasteland and burnt forest during feral nights?

Except for ferrule nights, I know it's easily possible, by editing the XML myself.
But problem is ferrule nights.....

How can such a thing be possible?

Edited by melvil6300 (see edit history)

5 hours ago, melvil6300 said:

Thanks for the nice mod!
There are various players on my server.
Someone left my server for fear of the strong zombies, but some others are bored with weak zombies and need to strong zombies.

Is it difficult to modify this mod to make strong zombies appear only Wasteland and burnt forest during feral nights?

Except for ferrule nights, I know it's easily possible, by editing the XML myself.
But problem is ferrule nights.....

How can such a thing be possible?

I do not believe it is possible to make the strong zombies only appear in the Wasteland and Burnt Forest during Blood Moon Horde Nights. I believe the zombies are hardcoded to target the player and do not care about location.

It is possible to make a safe house for the players who do not like to see the strong zombies during Blood Moon Horde Nights. They can wait in the safe house and watch or attack safely using 'tprotect' command around your safe area.

8 hours ago, arramus said:

cowSkullPrefab, animalVultureStandard, and  pumpkinJackoLanternPrefab may well have been pulled directly from the blocks and entity xmls from within the game

omg. actually they are all there in the blocks.xml! you're spot on! 👍

now.. let's see what we have here.... * evil scientist laugh *

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like and idiot. I am trying to get the custom zombies to only spawn on horde night. I read the directions on how to do this, but Windows will not let me change the entity file name like it says to:

"- entitygroups_only_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place in Config)
This version will only spawn during horde night." 

Was the "Server Admin Spawning Options" folder supposed to have been uploaded to the server with the rest? Mine didn't.

Please help

NVM, found my mistake.

Edited by ragelore (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Wally_Franks said:

What does the zombie direwolf look like

Like that in the day time, and just the glowing green eyes at night if there are no other light sources around. This is a vanilla texture already in the game.

The chest burster is a catfish and is also already in the game. They seem to have made their own little team.

20210612011857_1.jpg.00091bc3ab417c728b5

Hey arramus I posted a topic about weapon and body part destruction on the boss zombies in the update request section for mods but my two questions are. Have u mentioned this idea to anyone else working on this mod? and just what are you guys thoughts on this idea?

On 7/19/2021 at 4:52 PM, AndrewT said:

Hey arramus I posted a topic about weapon and body part destruction on the boss zombies in the update request section for mods but my two questions are. Have u mentioned this idea to anyone else working on this mod? and just what are you guys thoughts on this idea?

Everyone else is waiting for A20 to arrive before committing too much to anything. In fact, there is a list of AI related wishes depending on how the vanilla game progresses relating to behavior, pathing, and dynamic features.

50 minutes ago, arramus said:

Everyone else is waiting for A20 to arrive before committing too much to anything. In fact, there is a list of AI related wishes depending on how the vanilla game progresses relating to behavior, pathing, and dynamic features.

Thats nice to hear and yeah everyone including myself are quite excited about A20 but i know this mod will be updated to A20 when the time comes and maybe then we can add features such as the destruction of mounted weapons on boss zombies.

8 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Thats nice to hear and yeah everyone including myself are quite excited about A20 but i know this mod will be updated to A20 when the time comes and maybe then we can add features such as the destruction of mounted weapons on boss zombies.

There are typically hit boxes relating to different collision areas on the zombies and I expect that would need to be built into model attachments which would then require additional coding. I expect this mod would then require custom content to accommodate that. The alternative which is similar to in game blocks being up graded and down may also be an option but again typically within the realms of custom content. If another modder wants to delve there, they are welcome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 10:18 PM, arramus said:

There are typically hit boxes relating to different collision areas on the zombies and I expect that would need to be built into model attachments which would then require additional coding. I expect this mod would then require custom content to accommodate that. The alternative which is similar to in game blocks being up graded and down may also be an option but again typically within the realms of custom content. If another modder wants to delve there, they are welcome.

yeah thats true and keeping this mod serverside when adding custom content I dont think is impossible but definitely not easy so we'll obviously need all the help we can get. but hopefully we can find a modder that can pull it off. I would do it but i still have a ####load to learn about coding but nevertheless it'll be worth it in the long run cause being able to destroy boss zombies weapons or armor parts (what most games refer to as weakspots) would add some nice fighting details to these boss zombies as most other survival games have similar features on their bosses. A nice detailed example i got is when u shoot the flamethrower barrels on the scorcher they explode launching the scorcher into a wall and set him on fire.

hey arramus I know u said in an earlier post that most mod users dont want more flying enemies but when u think about it all flying enemies are relatively easy to take down especially when ur loaded with bullets so we need at least 1 flying enemy thats at a much higher boss level than the others and that catfish model that was found can be useful. my idea is an insanely HUGE flying catfish with giant vulture wings and this guy will be insanely tough to take out. and one way to take him out more effectively is to shoot out his wings which will also spit the same plasma balls as the gheist. now i never rush my requests but if u guys decide to try this new enemy hopefully yall have fun with it, and if yall come up with more ideas for it feel free to add whatever yall want.

41 minutes ago, AndrewT said:

hey arramus I know u said in an earlier post that most mod users dont want more flying enemies but when u think about it all flying enemies are relatively easy to take down especially when ur loaded with bullets so we need at least 1 flying enemy thats at a much higher boss level than the others and that catfish model that was found can be useful. my idea is an insanely HUGE flying catfish with giant vulture wings and this guy will be insanely tough to take out. and one way to take him out more effectively is to shoot out his wings which will also spit the same plasma balls as the gheist. now i never rush my requests but if u guys decide to try this new enemy hopefully yall have fun with it, and if yall come up with more ideas for it feel free to add whatever yall want.

We tested a few things like this and the limitations are that the flying things are attached to the vulture class to give them the flying capability. In turn, they take the attributes of the vulture model even though it's hidden. Things which are more vertical like the Archon and Geist characters are easier to take out as the hit box is more intuitive since it covers the body and head for the most part. Things like the drones and particularly the shark are trickier as the drones need to be targeted at the front and the shark needs to be targetted in the mouth. Anything which is more horizontal and doesn't have full hitbox coverage is where the issues and complaints occur. Unfortunately, this issue will occur with any wings as well which shots will just pass through without registering hits. We'll see how the default models are amended in A20 ad see if it's worth a revisit.

14 hours ago, arramus said:

We tested a few things like this and the limitations are that the flying things are attached to the vulture class to give them the flying capability. In turn, they take the attributes of the vulture model even though it's hidden. Things which are more vertical like the Archon and Geist characters are easier to take out as the hit box is more intuitive since it covers the body and head for the most part. Things like the drones and particularly the shark are trickier as the drones need to be targeted at the front and the shark needs to be targetted in the mouth. Anything which is more horizontal and doesn't have full hitbox coverage is where the issues and complaints occur. Unfortunately, this issue will occur with any wings as well which shots will just pass through without registering hits. We'll see how the default models are amended in A20 ad see if it's worth a revisit.

Alright good to know.

Is there a single or per-zombie version of this mod? I would like to add 4-5 of these guys to possibly be rare and hordnight spawns. It would be great if there was a way we could pick and choose which things to have spawn. Thanks!

EDIT:

Actually, if I go into the entity groups with the mod, and change it to just one line to read this:

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS153']"><entity name="zombieCowhead" prob="0.1"/><entity name="ZombieBomber" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieScarecrow" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieMotorhead" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieScorcher" prob="0.15"/></append>

a) Would that make it so the above 5 zombies are the only ones spawning? and they'll only spawn on horde night?

b) Also, do I need to copy paste that line a lot more? How would I ensure that spawning prob is applicable for all GS at 150+, not just 153 and so...?

Edited by Nerhesi (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Nerhesi said:

Is there a single or per-zombie version of this mod? I would like to add 4-5 of these guys to possibly be rare and hordnight spawns. It would be great if there was a way we could pick and choose which things to have spawn. Thanks!

EDIT:

Actually, if I go into the entity groups with the mod, and change it to just one line to read this:

<append xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[@name='feralHordeStageGS153']"><entity name="zombieCowhead" prob="0.1"/><entity name="ZombieBomber" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieScarecrow" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieMotorhead" prob="0.1"/><entity name="zombieScorcher" prob="0.15"/></append>

a) Would that make it so the above 5 zombies are the only ones spawning? and they'll only spawn on horde night?

b) Also, do I need to copy paste that line a lot more? How would I ensure that spawning prob is applicable for all GS at 150+, not just 153 and so...?

The entitygroups.xml is split into two main components; Regular game play and Horde Night game play.

If you change the entry line above, it will give you:

a) Only the 5 zombies in that list for Horde Night (on top of the default ones) from Game Stage 153.
b) Game Stage settings from GS153 will be applicable from GS153 but default will wipe them further on so that they need to be applied at all Game Stages to match default.

If you want the Snufkin Zombies to appear in regular game play then there is no need to change any other settings if you are using the entitygroups.xml which allows it. If you would also only like these 5 appear or none to appear in regular non Horde Night game play, then it will require further changes. If you are only using the 'entitygroups_only_horde_night_version (rename to entitygroups and place on Config)' version, than your own amendments are sufficient.

See next post...

Edited by arramus (see edit history)