CLASSIC Style HARDCORE

n2n1

20 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Yeah, had a mod installed - stop fuel waste that interfered with this mod, gone now and it's working ok. Created a wee mod to your mod, added the option to make 10 fuel from 100 scrap polymers. I've seen it recently done in a barrel so thought I'd play around. Love your mod mate. 

1 hour ago, Nuko-san said:

what happened to stone shovel ?;-)

It was replaced with a frying pan on a stick. (this happened already in A20)
I did the same with the stone spear.

Stone tools gradually ceased to fit into the overall picture of what was happening.
The most logical thing is an stoneAxe. But to be honest, he also stayed only because it is the symbol of the 7dtd for me, at least...

By the way, the stone shovel has not completely disappeared from the game - in other words, figuratively speaking - it is still with us, and around us :) You see her every time.

MOD version UPDATE - CSH_v21.2.06a

- this version does not contain important fixes. So if you are playing on the previous version, it does not make sense to start the game again for this, the previous version is also quite stable.
The saves and maps are most likely not suitable for the new one.

This version contains few errors only thanks to the small number of testers and streamers who took on the burden of my jambs and errors.
Thanks to garigariv3lt3r and Nuko-san :)
I also got a lot of information from げーむ【鬼に金棒】TAKU 絶叫者 (youtube) and まあぁしゃ (twitch)  streams.
And as always, special :love_heart: Thanks  to chibinya for the translation into Japanese and technical advice! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's not a big deal, but I'm curious to report it.

When I get on and off my bike equipped with a mining helmet with batteries in it so that I can use the headlight.
The headlight turns on and off with a sound to turn the headlight on and off.
I'm not sure if this vanilla behaves the same way as well, but I'm happy to report it.

Without mode, I'm at 37 days, 4.8 life, 5 days to find the pot, and 31 days to read the forge blueprints.
I've come this far from 1 life after experiencing zero life a few times in the beginning of the game.

Next up is to find the steel wire that the Twitch distributor is also stuck on~.
Well, I'm sure I'll find it eventually.

2 hours ago, garigari said:

When I get on and off my bike equipped with a mining helmet with batteries in it so that I can use the headlight.
The headlight turns on and off with a sound to turn the headlight on and off.
I'm not sure if this vanilla behaves the same way as well, but I'm happy to report it.

no, vanilla doesn't have a turn-on sound at all - they couldn't solve this "difficult" problem, so they just removed the sound.
I'd rather have the sound that way than not have it at all.

Without mode, I'm at 37 days, 4.8 life, 5 days to find the pot, and 31 days to read the forge blueprints.
I've come this far from 1 life after experiencing zero life a few times in the beginning of the game.

Regarding the cooking pot -  this is normal, but there is really something wrong with the book.
I can't find it either, like other people. I checked the code - everything seems to be fine, and according to the code - it should be more often than other books that were found by me and people.
I suspect this is again the effect of the "sticking" of the random number generator.... I hate this "piece of code".

3 hours ago, garigari said:

Next up is to find the steel wire that the Twitch distributor is also stuck on~.
Well, I'm sure I'll find it eventually.

If mean a "steel rope" for a crossbow, then it is located only in one place - when disassembling cars.
Moreover, do not try to disassemble the cars that appeared in the A21 - they are not there. We need old cars, that were in the A20.
In the new version, (which will be released today or tomorrow) the harvest of new cars will be worked out better.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

スティールロープはクロスボウ用のModとミニバイクのハンドルバー用部品の2種類あるから混同するよね。
ミニバイクの奴はα21仕様以外の車を解体すればいいって事だね。
実際にさっき古いShamway工場敷地の車を漁ったら一発で出たよ!
Twitchの配信者さんはきっとα21仕様の車だけ解体してるから出ないみたいだね。
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm confused because there are two kinds of steel ropes, mods for crossbows and parts for mini bike handlebars.
So the mini bike guy just needs to dismantle the car except for the Alpha 21 specs.
In fact, I just scavenged the old Shamway factory lot for a car and got it in one shot!
I'm sure the Twitch guy is only dismantling Alpha 21 spec cars, so it doesn't seem like it's happening.

"Steel Rope" for a crossbow and for a minibike - it's the same part.
Unfortunately, old cars are rare now. I've run into this problem myself in my game.
Some aspects will be difficult for now, because balancing has lost its settings due to the transition to the A21.

MOD version UPDATE - CSH_v21.2.07

- fixed the lack of objects in biome decorations such as tents and hidden places.

- a lot of minor fixes and improvements

(this version is not compatible with worlds and saves from the previous one)

Thanks for the update.

v21.2.07 Error opening console from the beginning when starting game

output_log

-------------------------------------------

2023-12-16T04:43:27 14.234 ERR [XUi] Failed initializing window group editingTools
2023-12-16T04:43:27 14.237 EXC Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  Init () [0x00063] in <2fa89239d1f44466ac3f85d44a10e47a>:0 
  at XUiController.Init () [0x00023] in <2fa89239d1f44466ac3f85d44a10e47a>:0 
  at XUiWindowGroup.Init () [0x00009] in <2fa89239d1f44466ac3f85d44a10e47a>:0 
  at XUi+<LoadAsync>d__205.MoveNext () [0x002b6] in <2fa89239d1f44466ac3f85d44a10e47a>:0 
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStringFromException(Object)
Log:Exception(Exception)
<LoadAsync>d__205:MoveNext()
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Couldn't create a Convex Mesh from source mesh "Head" within the maximum polygons limit (256). Consider simplifying your mesh.

------------------------------------------------

The {World Editor} button sits on the game screen a little above the center of the game screen (even while playing).

α21.2.07_bug_0.png

α21.2.07_bug_1.PNG

MOD version UPDATE - CSH_v21.2.07a - with HOTFIX

- the excessive number of objects in some areas of the desert has been partially fixed.

- menu error

(this version fully compatible with worlds and saves from the previous v21.2.07)

:) Regarding the fact that i often have similar errors during releases, this is due to the fact that it is very problematic for me to test release files due to the fact that installing them can destroy the well-established working environment in which the mod is being developed, so i often rely on luck and feedback.

I have a couple of things that I thought were happening.

・I have attached two images of a zombie vulture attack, with an actual play interval of 1 second or so between the two images.
    The first blow infected me without any respite from disinfection with alcohol (infection rate indicated 0%).
    With the next blow, the infection rate immediately skyrocketed to 15%..

If the intention was to express the high infection rate, that's understandable, though.

・I threw a bone to the wolf, but He ignored me.
   I wonder if he was full?

These were the two things that bothered me.

kansen_01.PNG

kansen_02.PNG

1 hour ago, garigari said:

・I have attached two images of a zombie vulture attack, with an actual play interval of 1 second or so between the two images.
    The first blow infected me without any respite from disinfection with alcohol (infection rate indicated 0%).
    With the next blow, the infection rate immediately skyrocketed to 15%..

Vultures, dogs, can give a laceration or immediately infect.
The logic of the code is as follows:
- if there is no infection yet, then the infection begins to progress from 0% as usual.
- but if there was already an infection, then another 15% is added to what is available.

In your case, there were most likely 2 attacks from a vulture. The first gave infection, the second immediately increased it to 15%.
Also - don't forget that this is just an incubation period - and it's not such a big problem. Except for the fact of infection as it is.

・I threw a bone to the wolf, but He ignored me.
   I wonder if he was full?

Wolves are different and their behavior is different initially. If he did not chase the bone, then he is not in the mood to play - he is looking for prey. And it's better to avoid it.

It is better to know in advance how he will behave. There are many ways. All you can know for sure is that the wolf will not change its behavior towards you if it was not aggressive initially (except in cases of attacks on it).

Your attitude towards wolves may affect you in the future.
Never attack wolves first.

7 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Vultures, dogs, can give a laceration or immediately infect.
The logic of the code is as follows:
- if there is no infection yet, then the infection begins to progress from 0% as usual.
- but if there was already an infection, then another 15% is added to what is available.

Sorry for the delay in response.
I see what you mean, that's why we have to be careful with animals...I'm learning.

7 hours ago, n2n1 said:

Wolves are different and their behavior is different initially. If he did not chase the bone, then he is not in the mood to play - he is looking for prey. And it's better to avoid it.

Never attack wolves first.

N2n 1, this is what you have often mentioned.
That when I throw a bone or some other reaction, I can tell if it is harmless or if it is looking for prey...
I think I saw a harmless wolf in Taku's live streaming, I had forgotten about it.

With this new version, the first time I found the forge blueprints on the second day.
The second time, I found a wooden hatch in the ground right next to the spawn location,
Inside was a campfire, a sleeping bag, and a forge in the basement.
I was able to create a pot using this.
When I broke the forge with a stone axe (thinking that I might be able to use a vise),
I was only able to collect stones.😭

This looks awesome! Hard to find more info (like YouTube videos) in English to help with what's new in this overhaul. I've played every other overhaul so will probably figure it out, haha. Could you place the latest on the modlauncher? It seems to be from November, but I see you made some recent updates? Thanks for your consideration.

Also, so mods don't work well with this overhaul? Asking because I played others like Darkness Falls with around 20 mods just fine. Thanks for any help! 

Edited by ZombieMikeG (see edit history)

At the moment, the modLauncher has an up-to-date version (v21.2.07a), but after the new year, if github introduces additional requirements, then i will post links for new versions directly here, on the forum. (if the forum doesn't be a lot of obstacles for that either)
Compatibility with "modlets" is extremely low - because there is almost nothing left of the vanilla code.

upd: the version has been updated :)

I'm getting the same menu error as v21.2.07.
CSH_v21.2.07.ver is still the same and You forgot to change it to CSH_v21.2.08.ver.

I'm using the old mod ranchaer (not Unity) and when I press the [pre-sync] button and try to dl the mod, it gives me an error and stops dl'ing.

I don't know what happens with Unity's modLauncher, though.