CLASSIC Style HARDCORE

n2n1

Thank you for the new version.

Some warnings have been displayed, so I will upload the image.

This is a warning message that may not be related to CSH but is not displayed in Vanilla.

The game is playing without problems.
Except that I was suddenly beaten to death by a lumberjack zombie ... (^^;

---
α20.4(b42) & CSH_v20.4.00

01.png

02.png

Red messages appear because Dynamic Music is turned on. Perhaps this is due to my changes in the code, but i haven't figured it out yet.
If You disable Dynamic Music - they will not appear.

Yellow messages are normal, they are likely to remain because they mistakenly warn about incorrect code in blocks - but this is not true.
Just some debug function.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

By the way.
You can open loot or workstations while crouch - this way you create less noise.
Can be useful at night or for hidden loot. 

This is a new feature, it does not work like in vanilla - thanks for the idea v3lt3r!

The next version will be released as soon as i find critical bugs or there are a lot of small ones :)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

On 5/1/2022 at 5:36 PM, n2n1 said:

Red messages appear because Dynamic Music is turned on. Perhaps this is due to my changes in the code, but i haven't figured it out yet.
If You disable Dynamic Music - they will not appear.

Yellow messages are normal, they are likely to remain because they mistakenly warn about incorrect code in blocks - but this is not true.
Just some debug function.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************

By the way.
You can open loot or workstations while crouch - this way you create less noise.
Can be useful at night or for hidden loot. 

This is a new feature, it does not work like in vanilla - thanks for the idea v3lt3r!

The next version will be released as soon as i find critical bugs or there are a lot of small ones :)

Thank you for your answer.
I understand and turn off dynamic music. Red letters are not good for mental health, even if they do not affect the game.

The crouching loot is often done. I'm crouching in principle.  (^^;

MOD version UPDATE - CSH_v20.4.01a 

This is TEST version in archive:  https://disk.yandex.ru/d/9AoEfgW1Zhgoaw (size~400mb)

(i am sure that saves and worlds are compatible with the previous version)

There is also an optional Texture Pack (improves the appearance of old models of trees and weapons):  https://disk.yandex.ru/d/36PRCN5rnjtwNw (size~1.2Gb)

For install - copy the contents of the archive to a folder with pure vanilla agreeing to replace the files. Everything as you did before.

(don't forget to delete all mods/modlets from the new mods directory)

MOD version UPDATE - CSH_v20.4.02  (links are now in the OP and available on github) 

- a lot of small and no important fixes

- the texture pack has also been updated

(this should not be compatible with previous worlds and saves)

Still as a test. 

This is the version for A20.4! I will be waiting for the final patch for A20. If it be A20.5, then i will switch to it when confirming that it is final.

• 3 weeks later...

MOD version UPDATE - CSH_v20.4.03 

- a lot of small and important fixes

(this not compatible with previous worlds and saves)

This is the version for A20.4! 

(i will be waiting for the final patch for A20. If it be A20.5, then i will switch to it when confirming that it is final)

• 2 weeks later...

@LastTugBoat243

Be sure that you are installing the mod on А20.4 clean vanilla.

Or you can try to install it manually - by unpacking from the archive.
I don't have any more ideas...

Installing the mod does not require any non-standard actions:

1. make a copy of pure vanilla and run it to make sure it works.

2. unpack the mod into the vanilla directory agreeing to replace the files.

3. launch via 7DaysToDie.exe

• 2 months later...

MOD version UPDATE - CSH_v20.6.02 (test version)

-  there is incomplete content and a possible imbalance associated with it.

(this not compatible with previous worlds and saves)

Download:  CSH v20.6.02     (this  version - it will not be present in the mod launcher and in OP)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i try v20.6.01a and i have almost 650 kills in 4 days(night skipped via faster time), is this normal on torments difficulty? Harder fight is ok, or is this diff. for later game? First day to find city, and then play hide and seek, but hide and seek not work too much.

22 hours ago, n2n1 said:

There was a time when i adapted it to vanilla, but now there are a lot of interlacing and recursions that, already, cannot be bypassed without significantly changing the interface.

Dang that really sucks that ui is awesome. 

22 hours ago, n2n1 said:

There was a time when i adapted it to vanilla, but now there are a lot of interlacing and recursions that, already, cannot be bypassed without significantly changing the interface.

I know nothing when it come to modding the game's ui. But would its be possible to somehow add the old food , water and stamina bar into the ui? Is there anything I can do?

image.png

Edited by LastTugBoat243 (see edit history)

@Fox_25
This is a good question :)
I'm currently playing at the recommended (default) difficulty level. It's day 12, and i found the city after 3 days. I don't go into the city because it's dangerous, i walk along the edge of the city and snagging one building from the edge.

Regarding your question:  any can play very differently.
Some players, may have more kills these days, and some (like me) - try not to run into trouble at all.... who likes what.
The mod gives you game circumstances in which your task is to survive. There are no tasks to kill zombies.
Next time i will find a machine gun and a bunch of cartridges on the first day, and the game will not be like the previous one.

By the way, i never play at difficulty levels other than default and I do not know how things are there. I can only say that at the level of "torment" - headshots do not pass as a result of the increase in the power of the zombie.

3 hours ago, LastTugBoat243 said:

I know nothing when it come to modding the game's ui. But would its be possible to somehow add the old food , water and stamina bar into the ui? Is there anything I can do?

image.png

if we are talking only about these columns - i think it's easy to do.  
the code that makes these columns is:

<!-- *********************************** HEALTH ******************************************** -->
			<rect pos="104,0" width="34" height="90" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Health">
				<sprite depth="1" height="36" width="90" sprite="stats_backgrnd" rotation="90" color="255,255,255,180"/>
				<sprite depth="2" name="background" height="36" width="90" sprite="stats_backgrnd" type="filled" fill="{statmodifiedmax}" rotation="90" color="255,255,255,240"/>
				<sprite depth="3" name="BarContent" pos="2,0" height="32" width="90" sprite="health_bar" type="filled" fill="0" rotation="90" globalopacity="false"/>
				<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" pos="-2,26" size="40,30" sprite="health_pad" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			</rect>	
		<!-- *********************************** STAMINA ******************************************** -->
			<rect pos="156,0" width="34" height="90" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Stamina">
				<sprite depth="1" height="36" width="90" sprite="stats_backgrnd" rotation="90" color="255,255,255,180"/>
				<sprite depth="2" name="background" height="36" width="90" sprite="stats_backgrnd" type="filled" fill="{statmodifiedmax}" rotation="90" color="255,255,255,240"/>
				<sprite depth="3" name="BarContent" pos="2,0" height="32" width="90" sprite="stamina_bar" type="filled" fill="0" rotation="90" globalopacity="false"/>
				<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" pos="-2,26" size="40,30" sprite="stamina_pad" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			</rect>
		<!-- *********************************** FOOD ******************************************** -->
			<rect pos="0,0" width="34" height="90" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Food">
				<sprite depth="3" name="BarContent" pos="2,0" height="32" width="90" sprite="food_bar" type="filled" fill="0" rotation="90" globalopacity="false"/> 
				<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" pos="-2,26" size="40,30" sprite="food_pad" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			</rect>
		<!-- *********************************** WATER ******************************************** -->
			<rect pos="52,0"  width="34" height="90" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Water">
				<sprite depth="3" name="BarContent" pos="2,0" height="32" width="90" sprite="water_bar" type="filled" fill="0" rotation="90" globalopacity="false"/>
				<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" pos="-2,26" size="40,30" sprite="water_pad" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			</rect>

regarding how to insert it into the vanilla code - hmmm.... i'll pass. Don't ask me to do something for vanilla - i haven't been there since 2015y :)(i can only tell  - that it definitely does not require .dll edits, and it does not require any other tricky manipulations with the rest of the code)
In addition - i absolutely do not know how to make these "modlets"...

Ps: of course, this will require the appropriate sprites (by name) in the appropriate directory (mods folder ???).
(please - i can help with any consultation, just not about vanilla...)

@n2n1
Okay, i try lower difficulty and slowly tempo.
On Torments is around city almost same dangerous as center city and feelingly is zombie „distribution“ same as in State of Decay. After clean part of around city or center city, just a few minutes and many zombie is back and some zombies is spawned instantly.

On one side, this is funny, is apocalypse, not tea party with nice masks.

On other side, this is frustrating because is like almost never ending zombie wave. Around city is lightly free, but still is too much and it's enough to drag more and more zombies out of center the city or hordes from forest. This is for day 2+, or is this random, i don't have idea. And of-course, all around part of city is not same, maybe is different locations affected by zombie poi.

No, spawn won't be endless.
They will arrive in some quantity , but then they will stop.
I.e.  "cleaning" is just what is possible in CSH. The clean part of the city will be free for 20 days for the day, at night - the spawn delay will be 15 days.

If you have a low number of simultaneously spawning zombies set in the settings, then, accordingly, a thin stream of their influx will last longer.

(in a future patch, in some zones, the delay will be 25 days - i'm still setting up the spawn count and delay parameters)

6 hours ago, n2n1 said:

if we are talking only about these columns - i think it's easy to do.  
the code that makes these columns is:

<!-- *********************************** HEALTH ******************************************** -->
			<rect pos="104,0" width="34" height="90" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Health">
				<sprite depth="3" name="BarContent" pos="2,0" height="32" width="90" sprite="health_bar" type="filled" fill="0" rotation="90" globalopacity="false"/>
				<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" pos="-2,26" size="40,30" sprite="health_pad" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			</rect>	
		<!-- *********************************** STAMINA ******************************************** -->
			<rect pos="156,0" width="34" height="90" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Stamina">
				<sprite depth="3" name="BarContent" pos="2,0" height="32" width="90" sprite="stamina_bar" type="filled" fill="0" rotation="90" globalopacity="false"/>
				<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" pos="-2,26" size="40,30" sprite="stamina_pad" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			</rect>
		<!-- *********************************** FOOD ******************************************** -->
			<rect pos="0,0" width="34" height="90" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Food">
				<sprite depth="3" name="BarContent" pos="2,0" height="32" width="90" sprite="food_bar" type="filled" fill="0" rotation="90" globalopacity="false"/> 
				<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" pos="-2,26" size="40,30" sprite="food_pad" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			</rect>
		<!-- *********************************** WATER ******************************************** -->
			<rect pos="52,0"  width="34" height="90" controller="HUDStatBar" stat_type="Water">
				<sprite depth="3" name="BarContent" pos="2,0" height="32" width="90" sprite="water_bar" type="filled" fill="0" rotation="90" globalopacity="false"/>
				<sprite depth="4" name="Icon" pos="-2,26" size="40,30" sprite="water_pad" foregroundlayer="true"/>
			</rect>

regarding how to insert it into the vanilla code - hmmm.... i'll pass. Don't ask me to do something for vanilla - i haven't been there since 2015y :)(i can only tell  - that it definitely does not require .dll edits, and it does not require any other tricky manipulations with the rest of the code)
In addition - i absolutely do not know how to make these "modlets"...

Ps: of course, this will require the appropriate sprites (by name) in the appropriate directory (mods folder ???).
(please - i can help with any consultation, just not about vanilla...)

Thanks for the help I appreciate the code. 

• n2n1 changed the title to CLASSIC Style HARDCORE