CLASSIC Style HARDCORE

n2n1

The world seems to be all about Alpha 21, but I'm still having fun with CSH, so I'm still going to do it.
I've finished my 10th horde (the cop made his first appearance) and I'm about to move to a town in the snow biome since I've scavenged the forest town,
I have a question.
I would like to mass produce warheads (not an easy task since there are no landmarks), but the geological guide (metal) says the following.

---------------------------------------

Journal.....GeoMap - Metals
Lead Ore is contained in the biomes : Wasteland - is at a depth of 43-54 blocks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not know this reference point. Can you tell me how many blocks down I should dig based on what elevation is shown on the map?

It was quite difficult to get to this point, once we ran out of food and had to eat "unlabeled canned food" and "stale sandwiches" because the relief supplies we relied on didn't come,
This has improved now that agriculture has been improved.
Other times, we ran out of antibiotics and died of infection.
I have been through the negative spiral of infection and getting antibiotics from the root or zombies by accident and getting cured several times, and still have no antibiotics in stock.

For now, my goal is to achieve the "collect something" query.

Oh, and that blast furnace is not yet in its finished form, is it?
I thought it was a bug because when I cancelled it while I was making cement, the resource didn't return to the item column,
When I reviewed it after recording, I noticed the message and noticed that the resources were down at the bottom.

I am playing on a 14or15k map and I wonder if there should be a gyrocopter. Or maybe a car that can be found that can be moved on extremely rare occasions.
The distance between cities in each biome is so far that it is hard to use only bicycles and minibikes.

Yes, indeed, in Westland, lead ore is located at such a depth.
But.
In fact, this is an atavism that has remained from the better times - now such depths are rare (counting from the surface). Therefore, the probability of the existence of these deposits is small.
Perhaps in the future the depth of deposits will change if i understand the futility of mining in modern 7dtd.
In principle, there should be enough lead now without using mining...

That is, if you are at an altitude (according to the map) of 32 meters, you definitely will not find this ore.

If you are on a plateau with a height of 50 meters, you will find ore at the foot of the world, but the probability of such a plateau on the map is scanty.

"Other times, we ran out of antibiotics and died of infection."
- you can't die from an infection.:classic_wink:  In a sense, i would recommend that you go through all the stages of infection.

There are two ways that the infection does not bother you: 
1 - armor protection.
2 - homemade antibiotics that are produced with the participation of ice (but you still need factory antibiotics to be safe)

"For now, my goal is to achieve the "collect something" query."
- completing the task will not affect progress and will not benefit, this is a "side quest" shedding light on some general picture of what is happening.

The "furnace" has flaws, but there is no technical possibility to fix them yet. I have never met a similar situation, but i suspect that it may well be... For now, just need to avoid such actions.
"When i reviewed it after recording, i noticed the message and noticed that the resources were down at the bottom."

- are You recording your game on YouTube?

The Jeep(4x4) is available in "nomad" mode, and the gyrocopter is not used at all.
These decisions are based by the fact that the world is small enough for transport, even in the size of 15k.... (i remember a time when the world was endless and it impressed me a lot)
Perhaps, something will change in the future. But for now, i recommend just starting the game in "nomad" mode if you feel that you really need transport.
I often start playing in "nomad" mode and i am sure that the Jeep should be from the beginning.

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Thanks for the quick response.
I only started 7DTD in earnest with Alpha 19, so please understand that I may be talking out of my ass.

>In principle, there should be enough lead now without using mining...

Oh well, we can disassemble the battery and slug bullets.

>There are two ways that the infection does not bother you: 
>1 - armor protection.
>2 - homemade antibiotics that are produced with the participation of ice (but you still need factory antibiotics to be safe)

I have all kinds of Hazmat suits on hand, so I will try them as well as penicillin making.

>you can't die from an infection.:classic_wink:  In a sense, i would recommend that you go through all the stages of infection.

You are right, you will not die from the infection, you will just become a zombie.
In a severely infected state, I had no strength or stamina, and I couldn't even sleep in my bed at night.
I ended up hearing wolves outside, so I went naked and brought a sleeping bag and a knife and asked the wolves to help me turn into a zombie.
Next time I get to that state, I'll experience how it goes down to 100%.

The scene I saw when I was in a severely infected state reminded me of a scene from an American TV drama I saw a long time ago.
I think it was a mental picture of the death of Dr. Nate Lennox with ALS played by guest star James Woods in ER Season 12 Episodo 13 -Bodr & Soul.

>- are You recording your game on YouTube?

I record to a local HDD with GeForce Experience. 6T is getting close to full, so I'm thinking about what to do with it.

>I often start playing in "nomad" mode and i am sure that the Jeep should be from the beginning.

So why not make it possible to build a Jeep (4x4) regardless of "mode"?  No?

I found two more examples of the unbreakable series and attached the images.
There are two more in the same Poi, both with cracked textures: the elevator door (above) and the inner wall of the water tank on the rooftop (below).

Unbroken_metal_wall_both_harf.png

There are too many ambiguities about mining, ores and biomes. The prospects are vague.
Therefore, in order not to break the tuned system that has been achieved in mod since the time of A16 - i am not touching anything yet.
It can be broken easily, but it is probably impossible to do anything worthwhile on the available opportunities...

"I have all kinds of Hazmat suits on hand, so I will try them as well as penicillin making."
-  Hazmzat also protects against infection, but as we saw today, ordinary armor also does it successfully.
Although, there will always be enemies who infect with increased probability (ferals, dogs, vultures)

"Next time I get to that state, I'll experience how it goes down to 100%."
- it doesn't need to be done. I must admit, there are very few hints on my part about situations in which the infected character finds himself. The system is new - i'm working on the texts of descriptions. So far, it's really not obvious.
Therefore, it is useful for me to watch others play. I myself, for obvious reason, do not notice the problem of understanding how the system works.

"So why not make it possible to build a Jeep (4x4) regardless of "mode"?  No?"
- if you have the opportunity to craft it, it will mean that you will get it only after you have developed well. This is something i want to avoid for some reason.

"I found two more examples of the unbreakable series and attached the images.
There are two more in the same Poi, both with cracked textures: the elevator door (above) and the inner wall of the water tank on the rooftop (below)."
- were this cracked textures before - when you discovered the blocks? (or they appeared as a result of breaking the block by you?)

>- were this cracked textures before - when you discovered the blocks? (or they appeared as a result of breaking the block by you?)

Of course it had a cracked texture from the start.
Because the second image is from when I opened the closed bolt hatch and entered, and there were no zombies in it and no escape hole, which means it was not created by zombies noticing my entry and knocking. The first image may have been created by a zombie knocking on it.  I don't know if the zombie AI would try to break an unbreakable block...

A skilled player might use the unbreakable block in reverse to create an interception point for the horde.

Edited by garigari (see edit history)

In this case, it may be a consequence of changing the maximum strength of the block between mod versions.
Perhaps i changed something and forgot about it. Then this is not a mistake and should not happen again in the future if the versions are compatible.

I can't understand what the malfunction of the rebar-block is manifested in. There may be a translation error - rephrase.

And regarding the crafting of 14.5 mm ammunition - yes,  it is not crafted, it was intended. Maybe this will change...
Also, 8.6 and 12.7 mm ammunition will be added and they will not be in crafting either.
Regarding the name and localization - everything seems to be fine too...

• 3 weeks later...

When you try to start a new game in this good modification, you get a background without a menu and the console comes out with an error. A clean game, a cleanly downloaded mod, everything is installed as it should be, but in the end it turns out that it is not a working assembly. I press continue the game, the console also comes out and it is impossible to press anything. The error: "2023-07-09T18:27:48 28.512 EXC ArgumentOutRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name: index

Edited by _NIKITOS_ (see edit history)

This build was tested by many people when it was just released and is considered working.
Unfortunately, i do not have the opportunity to check what i upload, i focus only on user reviews, and now who i know is playing this version.

I remind of the main possible causes of problems with the mod:
- if you are launching the mod for the first time, you may need to generate a map through a worldgenerator (previewer) before you can use it

and...try to send me a log file with an error.

:( "roadmap" update:
Sorry, the transition turned out to be more difficult than i thought, and besides, i don't have time to constantly work on the mod right now.
I will be happy to return to full-time work as soon as i solve some personal problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

ENG:

I didn't wait for the stable version of A21.2, so I made an experimental release for A21.2.

This version of the mod is a test.
At the moment, there are a lot of unconfigured harvests and unprepared prefabs. Also, there may be descriptions (text) that are no longer relevant, which can be misleading. Now the mod does not have all the features of A21 - it will be later. Some of the mod's own features were blocked due to the need for their processing due to changes in the game itself - they may return later.

Appeal to testers:
If you are able to tolerate shortcomings, you can get acquainted with this version, and maybe even play normally, or at least find out what state the mod is in now. In the test version, I do not mean a certain completeness and the beginning of the search for errors - it may well be that there are some completely unfinished things that I just forgot about.
Be careful not to get disappointed expecting a lot from the test version!

Each subsequent test version will contain edits that will give incompatibility with the previous version. Hotfixes will not be released.

When the mod appears in the mods launcher, then it will mean that its readiness is acceptable to a wide audience.

********************************************************************************************************************************

РУС:

Я не дождался стабильной версии А21.2, поэтому я сделал релиз под А21.2 экспериментальную.

Эта версия мода является тестовой.
На данный момент имеется очень много ненастроенного харвеста и неподготовленных префабов. Также, возможно, остались описания (текст) которые уже не актуальны, что может ввести в заблуждение. Сейчас мод имеет далеко не все возможности А21 - это будет позже. Некоторые собственные фичи мода были заблокированы в следствии необходимости их переработки из за изменений самой игры - возможно они вернуться позже.

Обращение к тестерам:
Если вы способны терпеть недочеты - можно ознакомиться с этой версией, и возможно, даже нормально поиграть, или хотя бы, узнать в каком состоянии сейчас находиться мод. В тестовой версии я не подразумеваю некую завершенность и начало поиска ошибок - вполне может быть, что есть что то совершенно не доделаные вещи про которые я просто забыл. 
Будьте осторожны чтобы не получить разочарование ожидая многого от тестовой версии! 

Каждая последующая тестовая версия будет содержать правки, которые будут давать несовместимость с предыдущей версией. Хотфиксы выпускаться не будут.

Когда мод появиться в лаунчере модов - тогда это будет означать что его готовность приемлема для широкой аудитории.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Thank you very much for your message to me personally. I am very honored.

Here are the bullet points I noticed after playing v21.2.01A

・No errors at all as of the end of day 3 at 4pm.
・No status display at the time of crawler death, so I can't fish for corpses.
・The toilet bowl in Poi and food items (alpha 21) are unresponsive when interacted with.
・When the food value runs out and the stomach starts growling, the stomach continues to growl for almost a minute.
・When shoveling corn seed bags or soil bags, it sounds like digging stones, not sand.

・No status display at the time of crawler death, so I can't fish for corpses.
- crawlers and screamers don't get looted- that's how it's meant to be.

・The toilet bowl in Poi and food items (alpha 21) are unresponsive when interacted with.

- this, too - has never happened and will never happen.

・When the food value runs out and the stomach starts growling, the stomach continues to growl for almost a minute.
- Yes, i know about this problem, but still looking  solution.

・When shoveling corn seed bags or soil bags, it sounds like digging stones, not sand.

- understood, we 'll fix it