Skyscrapers Missing

Aurom

Hello, I am having some problems in the generation of new maps, using ramdom gen or using seeds from the comunity, the maps generated dont have skyscrapers although the seed i choose say have three of them, some one its having the same issue?

Vanilla RWG you're just not gonna get skyscrapers unless you generate a ton of maps and get really lucky. Hopefully they manage to fix it in A20. Not a bigf deal to me, I think the shyscraopers are nothing but an intersting piece of distant scenery. Sure not worth spending the time to loot more than the initial time out of curiosity.

48 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Try Nitrogen. There is a lot of skyscrapers on Nitrogen maps. With the size set to megacity and the grid set to thight you actually get real city feeling.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/12730-a19-nitrogen-a-random-world-generator-for-7dtd/

Question on Nitrogen...I tried it back in A17 or maybe A18 and it seemed the buildings were generated in a bit of a jumbled mess with the POI's and streets and driveways making no sense at all relative to one another so I went back to vanilla.  Is that still the case?  It would be nice to have a full set of POI's on any given RNG map but not at the expense of the hodge-podge building placement.

11 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Not exactly sure what you mean @Ezed The driveways are directed towards the street. Relative to one another? Just give it a try and see for yourself i would say, downloading nitrogen and making a map is still faster than just creating a vanilla RWG....

I maybe didn't describe my issue well...it was quite some time ago, and who knows, maybe it was something that I did. 

What you say sounds encouraging...I may do at some point, but I've about reached the burnout stage with A19.

Thanks for the reply.

12 hours ago, Ezed said:

I maybe didn't describe my issue well...it was quite some time ago, and who knows, maybe it was something that I did. 

What you say sounds encouraging...I may do at some point, but I've about reached the burnout stage with A19.

Thanks for the reply.

Just to add a second experience. I also used Nitrogen a good while back and had a similar experience. It very well could have been user error (i.e. me not doing things properly), but things were just laid out very strangely, as if someone had just spammed a few prefab "blocks" all over the place with them sometimes clipping into each other. However I revisited it recently after reading about it on these forums and it looks fantastic by comparison now.

Cheers fellas...you've convinced me to try it next time.  Probably leave the combo pack out of it though as I doubt I've explored even half of the vanilla POI's. 

I mostly hit POI's via quests...and that usually means doing the same POI's over and over again sadly (at least from stage 3 and up).  That's probably the biggest source of the burnout.  I'm sure TFP will address that eventually...hopefully for A20 as it seems like such a waste to have 500 or so POI's yet only 10% (or whatever) of them being used for quests.  

Of course if Nitrogen ensures more of the unique POI's get added to my world it would help, but I've put about 400 hours in A19 (experimental and stable) so I'd need more incentive...I haven't even checked out the jiggly boob update :p

14 hours ago, BubbaJoe said:

Just to add a second experience. I also used Nitrogen a good while back and had a similar experience. It very well could have been user error (i.e. me not doing things properly), but things were just laid out very strangely, as if someone had just spammed a few prefab "blocks" all over the place with them sometimes clipping into each other. However I revisited it recently after reading about it on these forums and it looks fantastic by comparison now.

well nitrogen does opposite .. spaming skyscrapers / t5 poi everywhere

Archived