A19 - Dayhawks Modlets

Dayhawk

Hello fellow survivors. 

I have been working on trying to get a solid RP server for streaming on Twitch in the works for a bit now. In hopes to add more atmosphere to the server I have been working on several mods to make things darker.

All of the modlets are currently under GitHub at the following location. I also make all of my mods Server Side Only.

https://github.com/DayhawkSilverstar/7DaysToDieMods/tree/master/

Mod List

• (NEW) Dayhawks Forgetting Death Elixir - Changes the Forgetting Elixir from a re-spec mod to one that removes your death penalty. 
    • NOTE: This makes choosing points much important. Also, for servers that allow T6 player crafted items, this prevents people from re-specing just to make all T6 items for each item type. 
  • (NEW) Dayhawks Lure Grenades - Take a grenade, raw meat, and tape it all together. Pull the pin and watch them run to it and KABOOM. 
  • Dayhawks Consumable Lighting - Makes Torches and Candles only burn out after some time.
  • Dayhawks No Mobile Light Sources - Removes the headlamp, Flashlight, and Burning Shaft Mods
  • Dayhawks No POI Lights - Turns off all of the "Powered" lights in POI's. 
    • NOTE: It may take ~30 seconds for the lights to go out sometimes. Also, light many mods that add new blocks to the game, once added it has to remain in your mod list. I highly suggest using this for new worlds.
  • Dayhawks No Trader Quests - Removes the ability to get quests on a new world. 
  • Dayhawks Chicken Farm - Adds the ability for chickens to spawn on special nests.
  • Dayhawks Complete Meals - Advanced meals that combine food and drink into one handy package.
  • Dayhawks Composite Logs - Mostly for decoration but also a really good fuel. Place the woodpile and then pick it up and burn it.
  • Dayhawks Gore Blocks - Adds a chance for zombies to turn into the gore blocks in the game. Makes for a fun horde night cleanup.
  • Dayhawks Jen Droid - Jen walks around healing you when your in range. 
    • NOTE: Her AI is that of a deer so she really tries hard to get away from you. Make her an doctors office and let her wander around inside.
      • When your survivor becomes a master at advanced engineering, you can now craft your own JenDroid! It requires a reasonable amount of materials and is geared towards mid to late game. She walks around your base and if your within 3 blocks of her she will increase your healing rate. She also can reduce the time for sprained or broken limbs by around 1/2. Nothing too over powerful but a fun little addition. I plan on having droid versions of the other traders as I move forward.
      • "Warning... JenDroid has desires to wander the world and see new things. Handle this as you will."

I hope you all have fun and let me know if you find any issues.

Edited by Dayhawk (see edit history)

Working like a charm, doesn't heal concussion or infection but works the bones like an expert. I let a dog take me down to smidgen of health and she started the healing process before the next bite which would have been fatal had she not. Was back up to half health within minutes.

She could do with a bit more walking speed and the ability to pick her up would be cool cos I dropped her in the wild and she refused to get in the car, preferring to walk around slowly in a daze ;)  I feel the recipe cost is very light in comparison to other mods but I'm not complaining. On the whole, very well done and a nice addition to the game.

LOL, no need to pick her up, I can kill her. One steel crossbow bolt to the head.

Edited by Finch55 (see edit history)

I placed her down and she proceeded to walk around, healing my injuries if i was close enough, but i was unable to interact with her at all.  I had to watch in horror as she climbed the stairs to the top of my wall and then just calmly walk over the edge into the spikes below.  I couldn't pick her up and destroying her body yielded nothing in return.

I think the mod is interesting, but i'm not building another JenDroid until she's had some more work.  :)

@Dre So that is the spawning point for her. After a few seconds she should have appeared. I have noticed that if you place her near a wall there can be an issue sometimes. But that plate is normal and required due to the way the spawner block works.

@tourist

@Tourist The intent was that she had to be protected and her own AI. Having her wander around without being able to control was part balancing the risk/reward of the block. I could look into adding the ability to pick her up but that will mostly remove the risk. 

41 minutes ago, Dayhawk said:

@Dre So that is the spawning point for her. After a few seconds she should have appeared. I have noticed that if you place her near a wall there can be an issue sometimes. But that plate is normal and required due to the way the spawner block works.

@tourist

@Tourist The intent was that she had to be protected and her own AI. Having her wander around without being able to control was part balancing the risk/reward of the block. I could look into adding the ability to pick her up but that will mostly remove the risk. 

I think she should have free will ;)  and if you don't try to make a safe place to put her or the base starts to get overrun, you can either run away knowing you left her there to die .... or stay and fight to the death.

Actually, a "grief" buff would be interesting to apply every time one of your pets/bots die.  Once it reaches 80% there's a random chance you'll drop all your items and fall to the ground and just let the horde eat you.  The only way to drop the number is to build/spawn more bots/pets ;)

@doughphunghus hehe. The grief would be too harsh I think. The other issue is trying to make mods that don't require new binary files. I want to keep my mods pure modlets that don't require clients to download a copy of their own. With that limitation there is only so much I can do. I am pretty new to this and spent a ton of time on trial and error getting her to do as much as she does now.

Well I've tried JenDroid out for a while now. I have a big base, so I let her walking inside. I play latest stable 19 with War3zuk AIO stable mod. And yes we have a problem with her! She got invisible most of the time, only with restart you will see her for a while. When she got invisible cause problem in my base like when I passes some whatever it is will glitch invisible, not all stuff !

She will need some improvement, like walking generally, (too stiff) walking up and down stairs (she gliding up and down in same degree like stairs), get the speed up a little bit (to normal player walk speed).

Suggestion: It would be great if she could use the sexy voice for some stanzas like: nice to see you, oh there you are, I miss you (or whatever she want to tell/say me) when she is near me! And to the end a tip: If u let her walk inside base, make sure u have plates around top of forges because she will jump on top and burn herself, I'm talking about HD Forge to War3zuk! And for now keep up the good work with her 😎 and hopes to see a better Jen in future. Playing PC.

Edited by ĐΔʁҜ ⋨ѻטⱠ (see edit history)

Hello there! Your mod gave me the idea of creating my own trader. Nothing copied from your files but I still want to tell you this because, there wasn't anything in my mind before I see your mod. I got the idea I can copy a trader to convert her/him to whatever I want. In this case I kept Jen as trader for my invulnerable base (also changed what she sells etc. which took a lot of time to figure out).

Anyway, many thanks for your inspirational work!

Edited by hsngrms
added something (see edit history)

Sorry I was unable to look at the forums for a bit. We had to evacuate due to the fires on the West Coast. Thankfully we were able to come back home and nothing was burned down. 

On 9/13/2020 at 4:30 PM, ĐΔʁҜ ⋨ѻטⱠ said:

Well I've tried JenDroid out for a while now. I have a big base, so I let her walking inside. I play latest stable 19 with War3zuk AIO stable mod. And yes we have a problem with her! She got invisible most of the time, only with restart you will see her for a while. When she got invisible cause problem in my base like when I passes some whatever it is will glitch invisible, not all stuff !

She will need some improvement, like walking generally, (too stiff) walking up and down stairs (she gliding up and down in same degree like stairs), get the speed up a little bit (to normal player walk speed).

Suggestion: It would be great if she could use the sexy voice for some stanzas like: nice to see you, oh there you are, I miss you (or whatever she want to tell/say me) when she is near me! And to the end a tip: If u let her walk inside base, make sure u have plates around top of forges because she will jump on top and burn herself, I'm talking about HD Forge to War3zuk! And for now keep up the good work with her 😎 and hopes to see a better Jen in future. Playing PC.

Good idea's. Because my goal is to keep this a server side only mod, there are many limitations. My biggest issue is the times when Jen vanishes. I have noticed that she will appear if you leave the chunk. She is actually a deer to make her not invulnerable and the walking animation worked with that. I need to figure out how to add her voice. She can make other sounds but Jen voice so far has been a no go. I will keep working on her.

@hsngrms Sounds good. I am all about people having an idea and making their vision. I will check it out.

I put it on my dedicated server and it doesn't happen, only when you play solo. I thought this was going to happen on the dedicated server and I removed it and restored all the prefabs but I implemented it again because now without the mod the server freezes. Giving some blocklight error. But I don't worry about what I'm going to wipe.

The no lights POI mod doesn't change prefabs. What it does is change the default light blocks. So for example the basic light gets modified with a grow routine just like the mushroom. This then causes it to "grow" into a new block which is an exact copy of itself except the name is slightly different. In doing this it causes the light to turn off. The side effect is an additional copy of the default block had to be made without this "growing" property. Thus once you add it, light all mods that add new blocks, you can't remove it without a wipe. 

The strange part is how this process could even make floating light fixtures makes no sense. The game literally is only swapping 1 block for an exact copy of itself.

So after some testing more testing I have yet to see this exact problem, but I did figure out that my upgrade code somehow got reverted so I have fixed that bug. I also increased the "growth" time to allow for the prefab to fully load. I think the random lights could be due to a race condition.

The Lure Grenades seem to just function as Contact Grenades. They explode as soon as they hit the ground or a zombie, there's no delay and the zombies don't seem to notice them at all in the short amount of time they're in the air. 

The only thing which interested me from the list of your mods is the mod with chicken farm, really like the idea and it works nice, at first I was a little unpatient because it took some time but at the end the chickens has spawned! Tried both of them and it works fine, but you should add a note that those bird nests or the other bigger nests (forgot the name) should be placed somewhere close to the sun light as it behaves as plants, it won't let you put down the nests in a place where is no sun light so underground chicken farm with solid ceiling is not possible unless you use glass or bullet proof glass as ceiling blocks.

On 9/7/2021 at 11:27 PM, Teye said:

The Lure Grenades seem to just function as Contact Grenades. They explode as soon as they hit the ground or a zombie, there's no delay and the zombies don't seem to notice them at all in the short amount of time they're in the air. 

I discovered this as well, they pay zero attention and it explodes on contact. would really be grand if it functioned, or had a remote trigger.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...