Corn bread and corn on the cob

Hyperbolt

Ive had this thing bugging me during the last alphas... Why is corn on the cob better than corn bread? It uses the same ingredients, only thing is that corn bread has 1 more step in processing (corn to meal), so what if the numbers were switched on the items? (cornbread gives 5 food, cob gives 4 instead) 

I know this is a kinda very-not-so-important thing, but i havent been able to take it off my mind since i noticed! 😅

I make a mean cornbread, as in "what do you MEAN it's too dry and dense? I followed the instructions!"

Food in 7D2D needs some type of overhaul, but I dunno what that would be. Or maybe it doesn't really need it and cooking will just never really be a big thing in our games. Pretty much once we get to meat stew/hobo stew we're done exploring cooking. I know there are a couple of foods which give some benefits and I can see us trying to collect/grow/cook those, but most food items - like CotC and cornbread - just get ignored. But it's not due to a deep investigation of all the foods and a judicious decision that we don't care - it's just that we just get what we need from the stews and don't really go any farther. Probably something we should look at in our next game...

As someone stated above, those food items are pretty much ignored when we get to better foods... Its a shame, i like having a larger selection of foods in my cabinets 😅

An overhaul might be nice! (i still miss the wellness system) Or maybe have more of the better foods give some minor buffs to make them more niche, like the pumpkim cheesecake giving 5% buying discount from traders, that was a nice thing they added!

(also yes, ive eaten IRL cornbread too, its pretty filling! But im fine with it being a low-tier food in 7 days, tough) 

Food in this game is weird because it doesn't follow any sort of logic, it's purely Gameplay-based. It's all very strictly tiered and leveled to where early foods are intentionally awful (even if they're things people eat very frequently and are even decently nutritious and filling), leading to stuff like having to eat 8 steaks to get full or 20 pieces of cornbread. I don't like it but I'm not really sure how to improve it unless a more complex nutrition system is added or buffs get added to some of these niche food items. They did a good job by making Super Corn not the be-all-end-all food and the higher tier foods are nice, but the current system is too bare-boned to support much. Once you get to the mid-tier foods the only incentive to go farther is Sham Chowder more or less.

Archived