Vehicle Madness for A21

Ragsy 2145

Some Ideas for the mod:

Make the vehicles require components that you can equip to them, in order to run.  Have the components (engine, spark plugs, etc) take durability damage as they are used, so that the car will eventually break down.  You can then spawn in vehicles with some or none of the components, and then each vehicle becomes a 'mini-quest' to find the right components to get it running.  You can balance vehicle availability by the presence, quality, and damage of components. maybe early game you get level 1 components that only last for 10 minutes or so.  Maybe the higher quality vehicles such as military vehicles deal more durability damage to components, so you have to also have high level components to have them run for a reasonable amount of time, etc.   You could put the loot inside the vehicle storage as they spawn, rather than having the lootable car blocks like vanilla has, or both.

2 hours ago, AndrewT said:

Glad to see this mod back in action I cant wait to see what new stuff comes out and hopefully includes tanks to smash through buildings like a sledgehammer. the current vehicles as always look awesome

Tanks will be in Beta 2.1  but for now you have a APC that will smash through stuff (WIP)   ...and maybe the digger will make an appearance as there is a breakthrough in block damage another modder has shared with us .. 

34 minutes ago, FatsackTony said:

Some Ideas for the mod:

Make the vehicles require components that you can equip to them, in order to run.  Have the components (engine, spark plugs, etc) take durability damage as they are used, so that the car will eventually break down.  You can then spawn in vehicles with some or none of the components, and then each vehicle becomes a 'mini-quest' to find the right components to get it running.  You can balance vehicle availability by the presence, quality, and damage of components. maybe early game you get level 1 components that only last for 10 minutes or so.  Maybe the higher quality vehicles such as military vehicles deal more durability damage to components, so you have to also have high level components to have them run for a reasonable amount of time, etc.   You could put the loot inside the vehicle storage as they spawn, rather than having the lootable car blocks like vanilla has, or both.

Well this is always going to be a WIP modlet overhaul  so all input is welcome ...  some things above may be possible others not at the moment . 

Regards Ragsy !! 

Link will be soon ... Just checking out wether it works on the new Experimental 20.1 so stay tuned appears ok at the moment .

Edited by Ragsy 2145 (see edit history)

Vehicle Madness Beta 2 is released

See the Original Post for all the info  and the download link ,  but here is a reminder of the changelogs

A brand new game save is required as the mod overhaul adds a lot of new

blocks in the game and changes existing ones too !! 

Failing to start a new save game will break your existing save so be warned up front !!! 

Changelog Beta 2.0 :

1.  Added a lot more New Vehicles into the mix ..bringing the total to 58 for ultimate variety.

2.  More wreck variations 80+.

3.  Added 30 + Repairable Vehicles that you can repair on roadside with special kits.

4.  20+ custom vehicles that may or may not spawn in the world with the luck of RWG.

5.  Crafting these new vehicles is still an option at the VM Workbench for those harder to find vehicles.

6.  New Vehicle Sounds applied for all vehicles.

7.  Loot overhaul inline with A20 system  ( as usual feedback much appreciated on this area).

8.  Our own particle systems for exhausts and vehicle damage.

9.  Reviewed and updated storage sizes and vehicle speeds

10.  Apocaliptic Style textures for the rustic used look

11.  Recipe changes for crafting to help with vanilla engine shortages in the original version .

12.  Added more deco stuff to collect on roads ..

13.  More wrecks in world specifically on the country roads and reduced loot to balance out the numbers .

14.  Support for vehicle mods on all vehicles except the cosmetic option as these vehicles are all custom made textures. Some vehicles have seating mods but not all (example Military Truck has 8 fixed)

15.  Numerous of the the original vehicles have had brake lights added and some addition headlights where needed.

16.  Added a few decorative advertising boards to world ..these can be harvested .

17.  Vanilla Vehicles now require the VM Vehicle WorkBench to build them except the minibike and bicycle.

18.  Revisited the vehicle damage scales on blocks ... Targeted individual blocks now and adjusted some down and some more added ...
(like for instance vehicles ran into and stopped dead on mailboxes  and cactus and so on.. vehicles will not destroy any wood on bridges anymore This system is going to be replaced with vehicles that have individual profiles at some point).

19. Adjusted all vehicles to have lower degredation so when you hit 25% damage level particles are triggered ..so be careful and try not too crash too much :)

20. Reworked vehicle physics in-line with vanilla settings.

21. Making gas is more expensive and requires more oil shale to craft your own gas.
22. Some vehicles will attach parts/vehicles from player inventory when you get in them , Bicycle - Motorcycle - engines ect ect .... these  are only on the 'Pickup style vehicles or open trucks but not all and is still WIP.

23.  Added recipes to make the 'repair kit' parts on a workbench if you dont find enough of them in the loot.

Also please note although Vehicle Madness works on the latest Experimental build (A20.1 exp) it was built in the stable version of A20.0 ,   feedback as usual is always is appreciated but please state what version of Alpha 20 you are using to help me out . 

All balancing of loot was done for Stable not experimental so i feel maybe will have to revise that for A20.1 .    for the time being enjoy !!

Ragsy !!

19 hours ago, zalfiner said:

I loved this mod in A19, is it able to be used server side or just individual? I am on 20.1 experimental

You can use the modlet overhaul on a server .... but as with all mods that add new assets you have to have the modlet on the client as well .  If you are doing peer to peer with other players they also will need the modlet installing .     

In A20.1 Experimental Vehicle Madness does work but you may find the vanilla loot seems to be way too much  ...   from my small check on A20.1 ,  but it is experimental so its up to you. 

regards

Ragsy

Edited by Ragsy 2145
Typos grr mobiles lol (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Tanks will be in Beta 2.1  but for now you have a APC that will smash through stuff (WIP)   ...and maybe the digger will make an appearance as there is a breakthrough in block damage another modder has shared with us .. 

Well this is always going to be a WIP modlet overhaul  so all input is welcome ...  some things above may be possible others not at the moment . 

Regards Ragsy !! 

Link will be soon ... Just checking out wether it works on the new Experimental 20.1 so stay tuned appears ok at the moment .

ALL THIS IS MUSIC TO MY EARS glad to see such awesome work put into this mod UND considering myself and an old friend are planning a 7days cinematic series along with other series ideas currently in the works and this mod with its huge variety will make a great addition to what will happen in this series. anyway ragsy Permission to use this mod in our series?

7 hours ago, AndrewT said:

ALL THIS IS MUSIC TO MY EARS glad to see such awesome work put into this mod UND considering myself and an old friend are planning a 7days cinematic series along with other series ideas currently in the works and this mod with its huge variety will make a great addition to what will happen in this series. anyway ragsy Permission to use this mod in our series?

Yes no problem

2 hours ago, Cronosus said:

great work. now i wonder how well it works with bdub vehicles and harrys mods.. probably bdub will be little problem (in recipes etc)

We left in vanilla items and bdubs stuff should work with Vehicle Madness as he adds his parts into the loot system .... just build his on a vanilla workbench .   

Harrys Mods I am not sure about as never tried them with Vehicle Madness .. 

Ragsy !!

18 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

You can use the modlet overhaul on a server .... but as with all mods that add new assets you have to have the modlet on the client as well .  If you are doing peer to peer with other players they also will need the modlet installing .     

In A20.1 Experimental Vehcile Madness does work but you may find the vanilla loot seems to be way too much  ...   from my small check on A20.1 ,  but it is experimental so its up to you. 

regards

Ragsy

Awesome, I figured that out when I was trying to get my personal server up. Thanks again!

15 hours ago, Alloy1 said:

So far, works great. Just as amazing as A19 version, only better!

I can't wait to build the Spiker (Magnum Opus), the Armoured Cobra, and Mad Max's Interceptor (Black on Black).

You may find repairable versions if rwg is kind ....glad to hear you are liking the work we put into so far .  

Regards 

Ragsy  !!

Had a couple of users report back they can not find the ratchet sets in loot in A20.1 ...  although Vehicle Madness was built on A20 stable so as expected some loot may be an issue in A20.1.  

Also it was supposed to be a part you could craft if the new loot system was unfair to you in the initial release but got overlooked on my part in the big push to get the A20 version out.  Parts for VM Workbench and Repair kits require a standard workbench to craft the parts with exception of the CarFootpump

1526190226_Ratchetset00.thumb.png.78d8b309ea0610cea51ad67818c2f38f.png

I have pushed the update for the recipes to gitlab ...   or you can unzip this zip file and simply just drop this new recipe file into the Config folder.   No restart is required for this fix ..

https://poweredgamedev.co.uk/VehicleMadnessA20/recipes.zip

Not an amazing recipe ...will address this in Beta 2.1 ...

Regards

Ragsy !!

6 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

You may find repairable versions if rwg is kind ....glad to hear you are liking the work we put into so far .  

Regards 

Ragsy  !!

No kidding, I found a repairable Cobra not long after posting that comment. I have a lot of materials to find first, but I'm getting that thing.

Also, the first working vehicle I found in A20 was the same as in A19, the Quadbike. Absolutely worth the wait for this update. The scavenger hunt for vehicles adds such a great new dimension to the tedious looting.

Thank you, and your team, for such an amazing mod.

21 hours ago, Ragsy 2145 said:

Yes no problem

We left in vanilla items and bdubs stuff should work with Vehicle Madness as he adds his parts into the loot system .... just build his on a vanilla workbench .   

Harrys Mods I am not sure about as never tried them with Vehicle Madness .. 

Ragsy !!

thanks for the approval