Who gets the experience?

AaronG85

Just wondering, me and the wife play 7D2D together and I'm always the builder/mining and she scavengers/farming. This playstyle suits us and we have loved playing 7D2D over the last few years but when it comes to Horde night I seem to power level while she doesn't (even knowing we have shared EXP) I believe its because I have maxed out the 'Advanced Engineering' skill. So my question is

When it comes to electronic traps who gets the EXP when the kill
 - The Person who PLACES the Electric Trap down?

- The Person who MAKES the Electronic Trap?
 - The Person who RUNS ELECTRICITY to the Electronic Trap?

She has put enough points in 'Advanced Engineering' to get the initial 20% EXP bonus but never seems to gain EXP on horde night.

Also is there anyway to get EXP from spike trap kills?

36 minutes ago, AaronG85 said:

Just wondering, me and the wife play 7D2D together and I'm always the builder/mining and she scavengers/farming. This playstyle suits us and we have loved playing 7D2D over the last few years but when it comes to Horde night I seem to power level while she doesn't (even knowing we have shared EXP) I believe its because I have maxed out the 'Advanced Engineering' skill. So my question is

When it comes to electronic traps who gets the EXP when the kill
 - The Person who PLACES the Electric Trap down?

- The Person who MAKES the Electronic Trap?
 - The Person who RUNS ELECTRICITY to the Electronic Trap?

She has put enough points in 'Advanced Engineering' to get the initial 20% EXP bonus but never seems to gain EXP on horde night.

Also is there anyway to get EXP from spike trap kills?

I think that if you get a little more experience by having Advanced Engineering maximized, I don't think that because someone does or sets the electrical trap or connects the energy it will give them more Exp, it is supposed to be shared.
Spike traps don't give Exp when a zombie dies with them.

Honestly I thought the answer was a solid "whoever placed it" gets the trap XP, but now that you said "whoever wires it", I can't say for sure, but I'm confident it's whoever placed it. It's certainly not "whoever made it", otherwise player-sold, gifted or traded traps will always give the creator the XP. Far as i know, it's intended for the player who gets the xp from the traps is the only one to get it and isn't shared like other traps.

Madmole said it best, if they allowed spikes to give XP that would be a performance issue and rather OP given the cheapness of the spikes.

This really needs to be shared exp. 

The discrepancy between builder exp and combat exp is rather crazy, and adding in trap exp to builder (since they both are int tree...) makes the gap even larger.  In our multiplayer game, my husband is the builder and I clear poi's and bring stuff back for him (as he gets things built, he also goes out and clears poi's).  We sometimes also play with two friends (who mostly clear poi's, though sometimes we have them build to catch up in exp).  If we have a long distance shared exp, the builder will be ahead by several levels by the first hoard night, even though I might have double the zombie kills.  Even without low distance shared exp (we keep it 100m just for hoard night), as the builder, he will gain so much from upgrading our bases.

And we noticed the trap exp difference this past hoard night, as the blade traps were killing quite a lot of the zombies on hoard night.

Honestly, all exp gained should be shared within the range.  It's not like one makes more 'sense' than the other (because how does me killing a zombie in a different building help my partner learn how to kill better...it's just as logical as him building some stairs making me a better builder).  If I am soloing, it almost makes sense for building/upgrading to have such big exp rewards...I went out and got the stuff and now using it gives me the best reward, but in a multi-player game, if I am getting the stuff, but he is building, and I am getting no reward for the time spent carting all that stuff back to base, it's a bit unbalanced.

I agree it should all be shared. This alpha, the husband and I have made a complete "kill corridor" type of base that is a steel stairway kill-chute loaded with traps and we are at the top. We rarely kill, or even see, zombies because most of them don't make it through the gauntlet. Which means I'm the only one who gets xp because I'm the one who makes the traps. Since I'm also the builder and we both go out and clear POIs/quest, I'm so far ahead of the curve xp wise that it isn't even funny. He's the miner and he's still not even close.

On 8/4/2020 at 3:58 AM, Legion_2 said:

The one, who placed the claimblock and has the perk, gets the experience. The electrical traps have to be in range of the claimblock. At least in multiplayer.

Wait is this confirmed? Everyone I play with always drops the claimblocks as soon as we log in (we play on a private dedicated server together). I always just assumed anyone with the advanced engineering perk would earn XP off electrical traps within a radius. If a claimblock is required no one in my playgroup has ever earned experience from electrical traps. Maybe I will have to go do some experimenting in creative mode.

Archived