Alpha 19 Seed Thread

3 hours ago, arramus said:

I just attempted to generate SystematicArbutus locally through the client game generator and it reached completion. It took 22 minutes in total.

Ironically I left it running overnight to generate the world and it actually worked. I'm not sure what was going on before I made my post but at least everything is working now.

On 7/29/2020 at 5:38 AM, geckobean said:

Hey guys! Looking for any recommendations on a heavy wasteland biome seed. Thanks for any help!

Of all the seeds I’ve tried and seen for A19 so far, the World is pretty uniform with the center made up of forest and the other biomes surrounding it quite strictly to the compass points. SylenThunder showed a picture of a development build of the RWG where you can select to increase the surface area of particular biomes using a slider but it looks like we’re waiting on that. For the current build, forest is given a weighting of 2 and all other biomes have a 1. Wasteland will certainly go from one compass point to another in a long continuous piece of land mass which we can be sure of if this format is general throughout. 

edit: I finally got one to generate

Can someone tell me how to find out what the maps have in them correctly, i'm still trying to figure out how to navigate the generation as well, I got the WASD, but how do i manually move around to look at the POIs?

I counted I think 17 towns, and at l,east 7 traders but without being able to move around better I can't look at the rest

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_08.02_-_10_18_11_85.png

Edited by Labrat309 (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Labrat309 said:

edit: I finally got one to generate

Can someone tell me how to find out what the maps have in them correctly...

One way to look at the raw data is in the prefabs.xml file created inside the new generated World map folder. This will list all of the prefabricated structures along with their locations. On an 8192 size World, it seems to list between about 1100-1400 items. Some of the names are instantly recognizable but others can be a little cryptic. It's possible to open the World Editor to look at the prefabs first hand. I rarely use God mode to zoom around a map to check in that way.

13 hours ago, Jecks said:

Any world seeds that have at least 1 of every building like the devs promised?  Sick of 9 shotgun messiahs and 9 shamway factories, but yet it can't find the space for a single skyscraper.

I've tried quite a few seeds and was expecting 500 or so unique buildings (as was suggested in a recent preview announcement) to all appear in each single World. Each generated World seems to get from 1100-1400 prefabs at 8192 from what I've seen so far and I would naturally expect higher frequency for gas stations, cafes, small shops, etc with lower frequency for the larger landmarks. Unfortunately, the larger landmarks can be very restricted if they appear at all. An algorithm that allowed proportional offerings with at least one of each landmark structure would be a nice consideration for a future build. dcsobral in the earlier post made a spreadsheet that breaks down the structures in many of the World seeds tested. It suggests each build has about 300 unique prefabs and getting a skyscraper is not particularly the norm. I appreciate some of these structures may put strain on rendering in a full server but a little more customisation would be very welcome.

7 hours ago, arramus said:

One way to look at the raw data is in the prefabs.xml file created inside the new generated World map folder. This will list all of the prefabricated structures along with their locations. On an 8192 size World, it seems to list between about 1100-1400 items. Some of the names are instantly recognizable but others can be a little cryptic. It's possible to open the World Editor to look at the prefabs first hand. I rarely use God mode to zoom around a map to check in that way.

Thanks for the info, I will look into it and see what I can find, I am pretty good and reading xml data from years of setting up servers luckily.

so a quick glance ( very quick )

10 traders, 4 book stores, 2 gun stores, 2 pharmacies 2 electronic 4 pawn shops on the generation I tried.

Edited by Labrat309 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Astryael said:

Seed Name: ZombieSnuggles

Traders:

REkt 3

Jen: 2

Bob: 2

Hugh; 1

Joel: 2

ZombieSnuggles.jpg

How are the buildings are that seed? Every single seed I've tried since the B178 update has been nothing but duplicate buildings. I'll have Shamway and Shotgun HQ's all over the place, sometimes the same one next door/across the street... but yet there won't be a single, say, Pop-In-Pills on the entire map. I thought every single POI is only supposed to be generated once before starting duplicates? 

On 25/7/2020 at 6:17, arramus said:

19 B-173
World Seed: ZombieSalami: "South Nefoju County" (1523374883) - 8192x8192

Algunos de los aspectos más destacados de 'ZombieSalami':

10 Traders
Trader Rekt (x 2)
Trader Joel (x 2)
Trader Jen (x 2)
Trader Bob (x 2)
Trader Hugh (x 2)

Libros
Librería Tipo 1 (x 2)
Librería Tipo 2 (x 2)
(4 librerías distintas que contienen más de 20 estanterías llenas en un solo nivel. También habrá ubicaciones de libros no específicas con sus propias bibliotecas de referencia y similares. )

Vehículos / Piezas
28 referencias a garaje de Garaje Tipo 1-7 y Garaje de estacionamiento.
13 referencias a gasolinera de la gasolinera 1 - 9.
8 referencias a estacionamiento con 2 adicionales combinados con tipos de garaje.
(Suficiente vehículos, gasolina y botín asociado sin considerar la recolección en la carretera)

Posibles cajas fuertes para armas

14 referencias a ejército, policía y estación de bomberos con la posibilidad de 1 o más cajas fuertes y cajas reforzadas.

(Muchas de esas casas nuevas y modernas tienen algunas cajas de armas reforzadas decentes y grandes cajas fuertes para tomar, así como las fuentes tradicionales más conocidas de versiones anteriores. No faltarán un trabuco o dos de las dos tiendas de armas dedicadas como bien.)

En general, incontables edificios únicos construidos en numerosos grupos que están cerca de los límites del bioma y, a menudo, se desbordan.

1NE.jpg

2SE.jpg

3SW.jpg

4NW.jpg

output-onlinepngtools.thumb.png.76693d1ff56057a97feefbe290f50334.png

Still generating with the same name on the B180 or change?

1 hour ago, arramus said:

@xVirusPuedo confirmar que World Seed: ZombieSalami: "South Nefoju County" (1523374883) - 8192x8192 genera exactamente lo mismo en B180. Habrá algunas actualizaciones en algunos de los edificios para correcciones y adiciones.

Seriously, it's strange, would I swear that it generates the same seed and has a different map, did I generate it through advanced generation or world generation seed?

1 hour ago, xVirus said:

Seriously, it's strange, would I swear that it generates the same seed and has a different map, did I generate it through advanced generation or world generation seed?

Did you generate it through the dedicated server or through the client game? If it's the dedicated server, some community members suggest it can be different or corrupt and it's best to do it through the game client.

Is it possible to tell the RWG mixer the following ?

8K map

I want 3 large cities, and a smattering of smaller towns.
1 trader in each city

Sure, I'd like a bit more granularity, such as each city is as far apart from the others as possible. Also each city in its own biome, or straddling 2 biomes.

This is completely perfect for our MP Server for example. (Nitrogen Map)

3 City 8K.JPG

@hkintheukThe RWG sticks very closely to the 'random' in its name in that the only parameters we can select is the map size from the default 4k and 8k. It appears that a developer testing build offered some extra versatility with a slider to give weighting to a particular biome.

Without a GUI to select more custom variables, things will remain randow.

The Data/Config/rwgmixer.xml file tells us some of the things we can expect and there's always the chance you can perform some trial and error edits to see what kind of map it will create. Things it appears to tell us are:

- <###_rules> This variable appears under many guises and looks like a generic rule set for each and every RWG build.

- There will always be a maximum of 5 traders in 4k and 10 in 8k.

- The same traders will always be a minimum of 800 apart in 4k and 1000 away in 8k.

- The RWG will select from 346 unique prefab buildings, etc.

- The RWG will not add a unique instance of each prefab. Some will be repeated multiple time and others will not appear at all.

- Each biome has been added in a set pattern with extra weighting on the Pine placed in the middle. I believe this supports low level player spawns.

There are a lot of other rules applied.

In summary we have a limited Random World Generator with some fixed rules sets. The day we have an in game client 'Custom World Generator' will be a fine day and I hope it will be from the developers or modding community. For now, scanning the rwgmixer.xml may tell you a little more about what to expect.

Using the code provided by dancapo(see second thread). I have about 175 seeds so far(and and expect another 60 or so tomorrow), all at 8k size.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B81oC76h1QFWQ4l3hSyO4VJxAuIDjL1FxOqXWenOHB0/edit#gid=1565168305

Note that I do NOT currently have any uploaded images.   

The best seed by the numbers is ClumsiestAbeles but IMHO, the generated map is less than stellar with very small forest to land area ratio.

So far, my personal pick for map is Bad-temperedBench.   While it is missing 3 of the top 15 dancapo spoke of the map itself is quite nice with

• a high ratio of forest to land area
  • a small and completely empty wasteland(ie, no quests except for possibly digs there!!!)
  •  a tiny snow biome that shares roughly 1/5 of a town with the Forest.
  • a fairly large burnt biome but with only a smallish town 
  • Desert biome does have one small and two medium towns
  • no single mega city though so that might be a downside for some
  • The southern half of the map is disconnected from the Northern half(ie, no roads).   MOST of the POI's are located in the Northen part of the map, so pray for a spawn up North...

I will update the spreadsheet as more are generated, and provide any updated recommendations as I find ones that might be suitable

19 hours ago, JoeDaFrogman said:

Usando el código provisto por dancapo (ver segundo hilo). Tengo alrededor de 175 semillas hasta ahora (y espero otras 60 más o menos mañana), todas con un tamaño de 8k.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B81oC76h1QFWQ4l3hSyO4VJxAuIDjL1FxOqXWenOHB0/edit#gid=1565168305

Tenga en cuenta que actualmente NO tengo imágenes cargadas.   

La mejor semilla por los números es ClumsiestAbeles, pero en mi humilde opinión, el mapa generado es menos que estelar con una proporción muy pequeña de bosque a área de tierra.

Hasta ahora, mi elección personal para el mapa es Bad-temperedBench. Si bien faltan 3 de los 15 principales dancapo, el mapa en sí es bastante bueno con

• una alta proporción de bosque por área de tierra
  • un páramo pequeño y completamente vacío (es decir, sin misiones excepto posiblemente excavaciones allí !!!)
  •  un diminuto bioma de nieve que comparte aproximadamente 1/5 de una ciudad con el bosque.
  • un bioma quemado bastante grande pero con solo una ciudad pequeña 
  • El bioma del desierto tiene una pequeña y dos ciudades medianas
  • sin embargo, no hay una sola megaciudad, por lo que podría ser una desventaja para algunos
  • La mitad sur del mapa está desconectada de la mitad norte (es decir, sin carreteras). LA MAYORÍA de los puntos de interés se encuentran en la parte norte del mapa, así que reza por un engendro en el norte ...

Actualizaré la hoja de cálculo a medida que se generen más y proporcionaré recomendaciones actualizadas a medida que encuentre las que puedan ser adecuadas.

Could you explain on what you base each aspect of the list, I mean what do you mean by the tiers or what do they represent?

On 8/20/2020 at 2:56 PM, xVirus said:

Could you explain on what you base each aspect of the list, I mean what do you mean by the tiers or what do they represent?

If you go back and read the posts by dcsobral, he goes over some his logic.  I am using the code he created to generate my list.  

For Tiers, that is the total unique(I BELIEVE it's unique, it might be total) POI's which are eligible to be a quest poi of a specific tier, either tier 4 or tier 5.  Why is this important?  It may not be important for some people ALL, but for others they might not want to do the exact same tier 5 quest 50 times in a row and having more tier 5's helps with some of the boredom.

The top7/top15 are answered in this post: 

Question about this, why is it that I cannot not create any random worlds with Alpha 19? The area to create a world only has one area which is not compatibly with the Alpha 19 which has Alpha 18 listed?  I updated the program but can only play Alpha 19 on the 3 Pregen worlds and the Nazegame.  Any suggestions?  By the way this is no mods for the game just straight play.

On 7/4/2020 at 6:07 PM, dcsobral said:

*** SEEDS FOR Alpha 19.0 Stable ***

Huh... I'd have to spend a lot of time here to do this. I have about 200 different seeds for alpha 19 experimental, half 4k and half 8k. I have previews from all of them publicly available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ljjksykyenytm3e/AAAh0mf_CBnXW92eVl5i-EF1a?dl=0

To generate and analyse these seeds I use scripts that are freely available here: https://github.com/dcsobral/seedGen

All my 8k seeds have 10 traders, all my 4k seeds have 5 traders. To make it easy to figure out what seed you find interesting, I've added some of my analysis to a Google Spreadsheet anyone can look at. You can see the number of prefabs in the map, the number of unique prefabs, and the number of unique prefabs that are tier 4, tier 5, stores, skyscrapers or in my top 7 and top 15 lists. Once you find a seed you like, go to the drop link above, download the zip file, and you'll find a map preview there. Traders are marked in the map previews with pinkish outlines, though you might have to zoom in to spot it.

The spreadsheet is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E1abSNz0_rsoDd-3AVp6SzxY-AF7eVjMfVNhIXN3X20/edit?usp=sharing

Seed name: SystematicArbutus

is amazing map. Best map in my almost 3000 hours playing 7D2D. Thank you!

On 8/29/2020 at 10:50 PM, beason128 said:

Question about this, why is it that I cannot not create any random worlds with Alpha 19? The area to create a world only has one area which is not compatibly with the Alpha 19 which has Alpha 18 listed?  I updated the program but can only play Alpha 19 on the 3 Pregen worlds and the Nazegame.  Any suggestions?  By the way this is no mods for the game just straight play.

Can you confirm you are attempting this with the in game RWG and not through the dedicated server? The dedicated server RWG build has caused server hosts issues which has similarities to the issue you present.

I am not sure on that.  I open my steam and then open the game.  When I start a new game it will show the Volallha, Pregen 1,2,3 and Nazegame.  When I go to the Volallha it will have A18 and give warning of failure if loaded.  The 3 Pregens and the Nazegame will start in A19 no problem.  I know that before in the Volallha game loadout I could name it.