Alpha 19 Seed Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2021 at 2:17 AM, 7daysexpert said:

Big favor guys can someone run the seed Millionare for me in the generator as i cant do it on mine everytime i try my PC completely lags out would be greatly appreciated :)

Nice big city in this one.

spacer.png

And if you want to play it, here's the world data to drop in your Generated Worlds folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zT9atUGe73tYta-d66dNwmH20MKmRrnX/view?usp=sharing

1 minute ago, 7daysexpert said:

thx sylen tried generating it on 8k and pc lagged out gonna have to do 4k map

That's why I included the file. You won't need to generate it. Just download the map and extract the folder to your Generated Worlds. You can then select it from the pre-made maps when starting a save.

1 hour ago, SylenThunder said:

That's why I included the file. You won't need to generate it. Just download the map and extract the folder to your Generated Worlds. You can then select it from the pre-made maps when starting a save.

kk so i assume it would look exactly the same on a 4k map as an 8k map

On 4/20/2021 at 4:48 AM, starscream said:

looking for an a19.4 8k map that has a large wasteland with a big city inside.

I don't have a preview but I rolled a good world the other day with a smaller sized forest and several big wasteland and burned forest cities. The seed is HadesDelta or -2138807949 I don't know how to check and see what all Tier5 structures there were there but there seemed to be plenty.

Edited by Urban Blackbear (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Urban Blackbear said:

I don't have a preview but I rolled a good world the other day with a smaller sized forest and several big wasteland and burned forest cities. The seed is HadesDelta or -2138807949 I don't know how to check and see what all Tier5 structures there were there but there seemed to be plenty.

looks fantastic. just what i wanted. large + med city close together in wasteland, with a couple more towns that share wasteland. the map as a whole lacks a couple desired POIs, but i can plop those in using world ed.

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2020 at 3:42 PM, SylenThunder said:

Yes, that should do it.

Be aware that server map generation and client map generation may vary a little bit between the two.  Also note that it takes quite a while to generate the map on the dedicated server.

For best results I would advise creating the map locally with your client, and then uploading it to the server. Then you would replace "RWG" with the name of the folder with the generated map. You would place the folder into /Data/Worlds.

This thread has been fantastic and super helpful. My wife & started playing pretty intensely for the last month - great timing, LOL.  We had a buddy teach us to play on our wee server but still have a lot of newb buffoonery going on and I have two questions. The first is, "How did I screw this up." I tried using the ClumsiestAbeles seed BUT hitting F11 shows that we are allegedly on a seed named after our server, Apocalipservice? I'm down w/ seeing what that seed looks like but this is kinda frustrating: Was the "GameName" supposed to be the intended seed name as well?!  [Oh yeah, if Apocalipservice is now a Seed - can I find its seed # somewhere? So far it's fun.]

<property name="GameWorld" value="RWG" />
 <property name="WorldGenSeed" value="ClumsiestAbeles" />
 <property name="WorldGenSize" value="8192" />
 <property name="GameName" value="Apocalipservice" />

Other silly question - and believe me, we look stuff up but it hard to find *solid*, non "well I *think*..." answers. Does the Seed have anything to do w/ zed ferocity and difficulty? It just seems that these guys are especially numerous and aggressive and I didn't change any settings- this is the first time we've seen zombies try to stack up against a trader's for example. It seems very different but we've only played a month so... Any help is appreciated: this is obv easy so...yeah. lol

Edited by Mick (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Mick said:

This thread has been fantastic and super helpful. My wife & started playing pretty intensely for the last month - great timing, LOL.  We had a buddy teach us to play on our wee server but still have a lot of newb buffoonery going on and I have two questions. The first is, "How did I screw this up." I tried using the ClumsiestAbeles seed BUT hitting F11 shows that we are allegedly on a seed named after our server, Apocalipservice? I'm down w/ seeing what that seed looks like but this is kinda frustrating: Was the "GameName" supposed to be the intended seed name as well?!  [Oh yeah, if Apocalipservice is now a Seed - can I find its seed # somewhere? So far it's fun.]

<property name="GameWorld" value="RWG" />
 <property name="WorldGenSeed" value="ClumsiestAbeles" />
 <property name="WorldGenSize" value="8192" />
 <property name="GameName" value="Apocalipservice" />

Other silly question - and believe me, we look stuff up but it hard to find *solid*, non "well I *think*..." answers. Does the Seed have anything to do w/ zed ferocity and difficulty? It just seems that these guys are especially numerous and aggressive and I didn't change any settings- this is the first time we've seen zombies try to stack up against a trader's for example. It seems very different but we've only played a month so... Any help is appreciated: this is obv easy so...yeah. lol

Its not a good idea to ask off-topic questions in an old thread. Better start a new one next time you have question. We have a "General Support" section here in the forum

My advice would be to look into your logfile, it tells you for example the path where it finds the serverconfig file and with what values it starts the server. Look for anything unexpected, like a wrong path.

And no, seed does not change difficulty. Again, check the logfile what difficulty and max zombies are set to.

Edited by meganoth (see edit history)

On 6/13/2021 at 8:44 AM, meganoth said:

Its not a good idea to ask off-topic questions in an old thread. Better start a new one next time you have question. We have a "General Support" section here in the forum

My advice...

Ok thanks so much- Yeah, I rlly did NOT mean to go off topic - I thought I was asking about how how a seed generates on a server...what it looks like. Folks are commenting on the thread just in April so, I didn't know it was that old but I'm used to this Forum...but I did not mean to make a long thread even longer. I did actually miss something - kinda important - in there myself so yeah I won't do *that* again.  Thanks for the help.

Edited by Mick (see edit history)

On 8/2/2020 at 10:56 AM, Labrat309 said:

edit: I finally got one to generate

Can someone tell me how to find out what the maps have in them correctly, i'm still trying to figure out how to navigate the generation as well, I got the WASD, but how do i manually move around to look at the POIs?

I counted I think 17 towns, and at l,east 7 traders but without being able to move around better I can't look at the rest

7_Days_to_Die_Screenshot_2020_08.02_-_10_18_11_85.png

You can right click the map to move around 3-D like around the map.

So I generated a seed earlier "DopeyzDungeon" and it gave me map Xihuxe Territory. The same map you got for "DidynamousDistributer". Will I get the same exact map you got with a different seed?

On 8/19/2020 at 7:11 PM, JoeDaFrogman said:

Using the code provided by dancapo(see second thread). I have about 175 seeds so far(and and expect another 60 or so tomorrow), all at 8k size.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B81oC76h1QFWQ4l3hSyO4VJxAuIDjL1FxOqXWenOHB0/edit#gid=1565168305

Note that I do NOT currently have any uploaded images.   

The best seed by the numbers is ClumsiestAbeles but IMHO, the generated map is less than stellar with very small forest to land area ratio.

So far, my personal pick for map is Bad-temperedBench.   While it is missing 3 of the top 15 dancapo spoke of the map itself is quite nice with

• a high ratio of forest to land area
  • a small and completely empty wasteland(ie, no quests except for possibly digs there!!!)
  •  a tiny snow biome that shares roughly 1/5 of a town with the Forest.
  • a fairly large burnt biome but with only a smallish town 
  • Desert biome does have one small and two medium towns
  • no single mega city though so that might be a downside for some
  • The southern half of the map is disconnected from the Northern half(ie, no roads).   MOST of the POI's are located in the Northen part of the map, so pray for a spawn up North...

I will update the spreadsheet as more are generated, and provide any updated recommendations as I find ones that might be suitable

mousDistributer"

On 8/3/2020 at 7:19 AM, arramus said:

One way to look at the raw data is in the prefabs.xml file created inside the new generated World map folder. This will list all of the prefabricated structures along with their locations. On an 8192 size World, it seems to list between about 1100-1400 items. Some of the names are instantly recognizable but others can be a little cryptic. It's possible to open the World Editor to look at the prefabs first hand. I rarely use God mode to zoom around a map to check in that way.

Is the only way to get the raw data to generate the world in a New Game? Just generating the map in the editor takes forever by it self, just to spec and see if visually it's worth it to render it for the data. Is there a faster way?

7 minutes ago, TruDatDopey said:

Is the only way to get the raw data to generate the world in a New Game? Just generating the map in the editor takes forever by it self, just to spec and see if visually it's worth it to render it for the data. Is there a faster way?

When using the RWG at that time, I did not watch to see how quickly the World map folder was being populated with the prefabs.xml or any other map data. It is something that could be checked manually as the World is building. There may have been subtle updates over A19 but I am holding off using RWG for the time being and will see if A20 brings a major overhaul.

On 10/6/2020 at 8:25 PM, SylenThunder said:

It will be in your local GeneratedWorlds folder by default.

Mine for example is...
C:\Users\Sylen\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds

I can't seem to locate my world's either. I have 2 drives and all my steam/7daystodie stuff is on my second drive and there is nothing about ANY of my generated worlds. There is 1 file "Worlds" which  only contains 5 files, "Empty" (which is quite descriptive)," Navezgane, Playtesting, PREGEN01, PREGEN02 and PREGEN03". I did a search for "GeneratedWolrds" on both drives and nothing. Any idea's?

On 10/6/2020 at 6:42 PM, SylenThunder said:

Yes, that should do it.

Be aware that server map generation and client map generation may vary a little bit between the two.  Also note that it takes quite a while to generate the map on the dedicated server.

For best results I would advise creating the map locally with your client, and then uploading it to the server. Then you would replace "RWG" with the name of the folder with the generated map. You would place the folder into /Data/Worlds.

Its kinda like the same process of loading an older "World Map" or "Seed' on a local client that you have already generated. In order to use it since the files have already been generated and organized you have to basically have to the path to it. Took me a little of tinkering on my server tonight but I got it now. Just wondering if I should upload the files for the Seed before I upload mod's? Any thoughts of it I will encounter any issues?

• 4 months later...
On 4/11/2021 at 4:35 AM, SylenThunder said:

Nice big city in this one.

spacer.png

And if you want to play it, here's the world data to drop in your Generated Worlds folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zT9atUGe73tYta-d66dNwmH20MKmRrnX/view?usp=sharing

Hi there, Thanks so much for this link!  I've NEVER (ever) been able to get a seed to work with the Random Generator. I input the seed name and run it (for the crazy long time) and it's successful.  But it's never looked the same, until doing this.  I didn't even know you could just dump a folder into the game folders and lo, load up with no time at all, and it actually matches!  At least the towns and roads and biomes.  I can't speak to the POI, although I'm seeing things I've never really seen before (I think... I've done a LOT of running around trying to uncover a map to see if it matches) and interesting terrain.

So, I would love to know where you got the world data from?  Is that your personal Drive or is there a Great World Data Zip File Repository out there filled with awesome complete seed world files one can draw from?  (I want to try out a map with one of the vaunted Crack-A-Book Skyscrapers!) 

Thank you SOOOOO much! 

51 minutes ago, Fyrii said:

So, I would love to know where you got the world data from?  Is that your personal Drive or is there a Great World Data Zip File Repository out there filled with awesome complete seed world files one can draw from?  (I want to try out a map with one of the vaunted Crack-A-Book Skyscrapers!) 

I just yanked it from my Generated Worlds folder after creating the map, and then zipped it for sharing.

• Roland unpinned this topic