Light at night

Nox007

So for whatever reason when I post about this on the steam forum the mods lock or delete it and I have no ideal why but I just want to know

Does anyone else think nighttime is to bright now? It is so bright its like daylight out where it use to be pitch black. I do not even haft to use torches or candles to light my base anymore because it is so bright in game. 

Is it a bug or is it my pc settings? Did other people also have the same issue?

On my screen (setting brightness is at default) the first hour of night gradually dims the light, that is much different to before. But at 1 am or later the night is quite dark. I wouldn't call it pitch black though.

If you want it darker you might set brightness to a lower value.

Total darkness means you absolutely need a helmet light. And the night stalker books are not that much use until you get night vision goggles. So I'm fine with the fact that there is no total darkness.

I think it is more realistic now. Night's are only black if it's overcast. Usually moonlight can be quite bright. It's still really dark inside at night, so that makes sense. I wouldn't mind night a tad darker, but not by much. A18 was far too dark.

1 hour ago, hotpoon said:

I think it is more realistic now. Night's are only black if it's overcast. Usually moonlight can be quite bright. It's still really dark inside at night, so that makes sense. I wouldn't mind night a tad darker, but not by much. A18 was far too dark.

That's been my experience too. I've spent the last few nights working on my roof (or rather, dismantling it - house flipping in the zombie apolcalypse). Some nights are nicely moonlit and others are overcast and quite dark.

Archived