I hate the shringking circle around the burried treasure

Tahaan

4 hours ago, Damocles said:

I would redesign that whole digging quest anyways.

Make the quest mark the exact spot for the chest (marker on the ground), but place the chest deeper. The deeper, the higher the difficulty is.

When the player opens the chest, spawn more zombies than currently.

This will make the player think about how to escape more (build a ladder) or better ramp out.

This quest-design would remove the need for awkward onscreen markers, and also the tedious digging around (not fun).

It would be more about planning how to defend against zombies that will spawn.

I bet that could be easily modded in at least to try it out if the values for depth and radius of the area are exposed. I like it!

update: I checked and while the radius of the search area can be adjusted, the depth of the chest cannot. I asked Prime about it and he liked the concept but couldn’t make any promises. 

On 6/16/2020 at 12:42 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Well then let´s add the damage numbers flying trough the air also? Ofc there is other things on screen, would be pretty hard to play without any information. And i actually don´t mind better indicators, just a lot more decent maybe? 

But apparently it can be turned off? A 3 hour video is a bit too long for me right now.

Got your back

7d2dtheMMORPG.jpg

52 minutes ago, JaxTeller718 said:

Got your back

7d2dtheMMORPG.jpg

Where can I get Recount for 7D2D?  :p

Onto the topic at hand, my kneejerk reaction was "geez, this is gonna make buried treasure quests easy mode"...then yesterday I proceeded to dig out craters in search of some I was after for quests.  Think I'm looking forward to the change.  Other than T1/2 quests, outside of the occasional treasure maps, I don't see this being the doom and gloom as some of the reactions in stream chat made it out to be.

On 6/17/2020 at 6:18 PM, Sellsents said:

They also could bind the new feature to a special goggle or other accessory or make a new mod for it. Therefore no xml editing would be required, just an ingame choice to wear/use it or not.

This would be a nice actually

On 6/16/2020 at 12:04 PM, JaxTeller718 said:

Interesting. For so long Pimps were against on screen indicators like food and water, I remember MM specifically speaking on immersion and less screen clutter.

Do you have any insight as to why they always feel the need to be so extreme in their decisions? A middle ground approach would have been welcome, but it seems like they have two modes, off and beast mode lol. Its all or nothing and it isn't just the ui but also subtle other changes since 16. Remember we didnt have lots of ui elements at one point now they all seemed to have returned with a vengeance and then some.

If you watched the first stream, Rick Huenink took responsibility for the absence of food and water indicators.  He said he'd been pushing back on it, and that the issue for him wasn't that you shouldn't see that data on the HUD, but rather if it could be done in a minimalist way.  He openly admitted he was wrong on this one, and once he saw it he was happy with how it is/will be now in A19.

Archived