Demolition guys

Tahaan

Don´t let them start beeping. Contact grenades and/or rocketlauncher are great against them. Needs some points in demolition experts tough. Other than that, AP 7.62 and headshots or a ton of legshots. Electric fences and barbed wire fence help alot by slowing them down. Dart traps are said to not trigger them also, never came around testing it so far tough.

You think they are tough? Try Snufkin's custom zombies. Juggernauts make Demolition guys seem harmless - They come in different flavors - Auger and my most feared - Rocket launcher. The scorcher is also a ton of fun. Flame throwers that can be brutal.

On 5/10/2020 at 5:50 PM, pApA^LeGBa said:

Don´t let them start beeping. Contact grenades and/or rocketlauncher are great against them. Needs some points in demolition experts tough. Other than that, AP 7.62 and headshots or a ton of legshots. Electric fences and barbed wire fence help alot by slowing them down. Dart traps are said to not trigger them also, never came around testing it so far tough.

Dart traps do NOT trigger them. I let my traps do the entire horde, I just shot the stupid vultures.

60 dart trap base. all the shots are coming from the side, so doesn't hit the green glowy dot.

Not sure if other zeds flailing about can push the button.

Whomst have summoned me. Yeah, besides the Juggernaut (that only appears on his own quest and rarely on Bloodmoons) there are the "Bombers", zeds that explode on attack and low health. Aren't as destructive as the demolishers because they have no melee attack, but if they catch you unaware they are quite deadly. Also, his own attack triggers the explosion, so if they find a wall in their path they will go boom boom.

1 hour ago, Snufkin said:

Whomst have summoned me. Yeah, besides the Juggernaut (that only appears on his own quest and rarely on Bloodmoons) there are the "Bombers", zeds that explode on attack and low health. Aren't as destructive as the demolishers because they have no melee attack, but if they catch you unaware they are quite deadly. Also, his own attack triggers the explosion, so if they find a wall in their path they will go boom boom.

We like your new zombies so much, we added a few of them to various groups - Added Wrestler to farm group, juggernauts have a rare chance of showing up in the wasteland (and on bloodmoon as you mentioned), and the scorchers and Cowhead to the burnt biome. The juggernauts have forced us to regroup and look at our base defenses a bit more intensely. We did dumb down the effects of the banshee just a bit as more than one at a time on horde night were nearly impossible for us to defeat, being blind as a bat. We have the mantis wandering the pine forests at night, and have the siren and undertaker wandering through the desert on occasion. The Geists and Archons on horde night are crazy fun. You did an amazing job using just server-side to make these zombies. You sir, are a skilled craftsman. 

P.S. We're also using a few of your server-side weapons (super rare chance to loot them). The auto-shotgun and crossbow are a blast. Thank you so much for all the effort you put in to make this stuff. I was looking through your XML's and just awestruck by how much work you put in to create these masterpieces.

Archived