UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

Tell me please, what should I change in the dump so that this sound does not play at all in the game (was there silence)? Can I add something like Mute parameter? Tried changing the first five values ​​to 0, it did not help, the sound is play anyway.

0 AudioClip Base
1 string m_Name = "Sound_S"
0 int m_LoadType = 2
0 int m_Channels = 2
0 int m_Frequency = 44000
0 int m_BitsPerSample = 16
0 float m_Length = 12.320000
1 bool m_IsTrackerFormat = false
0 int m_SubsoundIndex = 0
0 bool m_PreloadAudioData = true
0 bool m_LoadInBackground = false
1 bool m_Legacy3D = true
0 StreamedResource m_Resource
 1 string m_Source = "sharedassets1.resource"
 0 UInt64 m_Offset = 2855544
 0 UInt64 m_Size = 1065452
1 int m_CompressionFormat = 1

If your unity3d file doesn't open, it's not UABE's fault but your file must be encrypted or something.

DerPopo, can you make UABE open directly the files if you open directly by windows. If you tell windows to opens files with UABE and double click it, it opens UABE but don't load the file you clicked it. It would be more convenient.

Thank

Not sure if this is still being developed, but it won't read Unity 2018 file structures yet, highest is 2017.3. AssetStudio V.10 does work though, and if anyone can't wait for this to be updated, its a good alternative.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm trying to replace a texture in the assets of a game for personal use. The problem is that all the assets are split (so the names are sharedassets0.assets.split0, sharedassets0.assets.split1 etc.) - I can open the first file fine and I think it shows all assets. The problem is that when I replace a texture and try to save, I can only save as a .assets file - How does this work?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I am trying to do some modding on the nintendo switch, and I have some problems. I have a unity game with all the files, and I want to change a texture. With the switch, there is an on the fly patcher where you put in the edited file in a folder, and instead of loading in that file from the cartridge, it loads the new edited one. My problem is tha everything is in a bundle file, and in thst is a .asset and a .resS file. When I replace the texture in the asset file , it doesnt change it in the .resS file, so the game crashes on load up. I was womdering if there was a way for this to work, maybe compiling my own unity project with the image and using that .resS file, and make the .asset point to that file instead. Any suggestions would help a ton! If the game is important, it is called Enter the Gungeon

@BeardedOranges

I asked a similar question about it

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor&p=488856&viewfull=1#post488856

The files aren't compressed back after saving. I may look into adding a compress option (but disable it by default because it would need to be decompressed again when editing).

Textures in .resS won't be touched, it will be stored in the Texture2D asset directly. Else, the whole file would need to be recompiled once the texture is bigger than before.

the essence of the solution is to make your .asset (containing your texture) in Unity.

After - edit original asset so that it points (referred) to your file in your custom .asset.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor&p=815526&viewfull=1#post815526

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

You can replace sound files but it requires using unity to convert to FSB5 and do some hex editing, I don't know the convertion can be implemented easily by DerPopo.

Anyway on the lastest version when you click on "info" the window constantly goes into background, possible to fix it ?

@DerPopo

Hmmm....really....and for what reason there is no opportunity to replace sound files, like textures?

I haven't taken a look at how Unity composes the sound banks yet, but it's definitely something I want to add support for.

Is it possible to extract AudioClip without converting it to .wav? I want original .ogg Vorbis file without decompression. Thank you for help.

The sound data is stored with the proprietary FMOD sound bank format and the FMOD API does not provide a way to extract the data without decompressing it.

There are some projects like fsbext that are able to unpack those files, though fsbext specifically notes that extracted .ogg files are not directly playable (maybe another tool out there can spit out proper ogg files).

If you take a look at the AudioClip asset through View Data, you can see the file name (usually a .resource file), absolute file position and size of the soundbank. HxD or other hex editors can help copying out the sound bank you want (go to that file position with Search->Goto in dec mode, mark <size> bytes with Edit->Select block and copy it to a new file).

You can replace sound files but it requires using unity to convert to FSB5 and do some hex editing, I don't know the convertion can be implemented easily by DerPopo.

Anyway on the lastest version when you click on "info" the window constantly goes into background, possible to fix it ?

For some reason, it's caused by the progress window (which is invisible at first), though it should be easy to work around. I didn't think it'd be a problem since it does not occur when launching through the explorer in my case, but I'll make sure it will be fixed with the next release.

2.2 beta 4 is out with Unity 2017.4 and 2018.2 support, as well as improved bundle compression with an LZ4 option and fixes for the orientation of transformation matrices for skinned meshes.

as i have no idea what that means, i guess this programm will be useless for me :S

• 2 weeks later...

guys, hi all, first, thank you @derpopo , amazing tool.

I have a doubt, I'm modding an app and it has many assets, each asset has only 1 image texture (1 country flag), that app is updated periodically (1 month) and when this occurs it is compiled with different unity version by its creator but asset files have same name.My doubt is if I have modding all asset again (all flag) due unity version compatibility every time that app is updated.